Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeremy Kelley signs with Indy

illdubb

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha...

I was about to have a second cup of coffee to see if I could make any sense of that as well. 

Tell me what you guys do not understand.........seriously?  Grigson has brought in guys off of the street that have played well that were no-names....drafted well...and now we have guys like Kelley and Killeen coming in.  Pagano and Grigson have proved that if you can strap on a helmet and play football...no matter who you are going to get a chance.

Last year we would have called Kelley and Killeen camp fodder!  

Tell me what you guys do not understand.........seriously?  Grigson has brought in guys off of the street that have played well that were no-names....drafted well...and now we have guys like Kelley and Killeen coming in.  Pagano and Grigson have proved that if you can strap on a helmet and play football...no matter who you are going to get a chance.

Last year we would have called Kelley and Killeen camp fodder!  

You went everywhere on your post, and I wasn't able to decipher the Da Vinci Code. I agree with you, just couldn't gather all your information at the time... 

I just cant tell if youre happy or mad.....

I understand.....sorry I was confusing....I am usually more blunt :)

It may be because I am neither.  We don't know too much about this guy.  He really needs to show up in shape and play his heart out.

The difference between this year and last is we all seem to have open minds to who we sign now that Grigson did such a good job finding 'talent.'

Let me just say I am all for anyone from a small school (Just like Dom Jones) who keep their dream alive....Pagano and Grigs are true gym rats and love these kinds of guys....even if they become the 'special teams star.'

Sorry...I am usually more clear in my posts.  When it comes to an unknown commodity.....I tend to look at both sides of the equation.  :)

You went everywhere on your post, and I wasn't able to decipher the Da Vinci Code. I agree with you, just couldn't gather all your information at the time... 

Like the Billy Martin commercials if you were old enough to remember...I felt "strongly both ways'  

I am for anyone who can make a difference on our team....plain and simple.

Like the Billy Martin commercials if you were old enough to remember...I felt "strongly both ways'  

I am for anyone who can make a difference on our team....plain and simple.

Sorry to say, I'm not old enough to remember. 

I hope he makes the team and plays his guts out, Andrew needs more weapons around him. If he can come in and produce his first year with us, it would be HUGE.

Sorry to say, I'm not old enough to remember. 

I hope he makes the team and plays his guts out, Andrew needs more weapons around him. If he can come in and produce his first year with us, it would be HUGE.

Indeed!  He will have to play his heart out...and we can root him on :)

Could be a steal 6'6 230 lbs wouldn't be surprised if he takes avery spot as the #2wr.

Is that because Avery is a free agent and may not be back or is it something else for your thinking this? This guy could have bricks for hands, may be a terrible route runner, could be dumb as a rock, or a myriad of other reasons why he hasn't had his chance yet. Highlight reels makes anybody look good.

Interesting. So was Sambrano, who "wowed" the coaches. In shorts. And the kid from Canada who was going to be our Welker. And there was the guy a few years ago, can't remember his name, but people were getting excited over a workout tape.

You never know, but if this guy makes it over Collie or even Palmer, I'd be surprised.

Reggie's and TY are locks. Brazil most surely makes it. Collie should get another chance. Palmer may make it. Avery is gone, IMHO.

So I guess there can be at least one spot open.

Is that because Avery is a free agent and may not be back or is it something else for your thinking this? This guy could have bricks for hands, may be a terrible route runner, could be dumb as a rock, or a myriad of other reasons why he hasn't had his chance yet. Highlight reels makes anybody look good.

It's because Avery is 2nd behind Welker in drop passes and it seems he always drops them at the most crucial moments. Avery also doesn't go across the middle he's just a vertical threat. We need a bigger wr because Luck is used to throwing to taller guys.

Interesting. So was Sambrano, who "wowed" the coaches. In shorts. And the kid from Canada who was going to be our Welker. And there was the guy a few years ago, can't remember his name, but people were getting excited over a workout tape.

You never know, but if this guy makes it over Collie or even Palmer, I'd be surprised.

Reggie's and TY are locks. Brazil most surely makes it. Collie should get another chance. Palmer may make it. Avery is gone, IMHO.

Remember that we're switching the offensive scheme this season, and that maybe this kid would play better than Collie, Brazil, and Palmer in the new system (which could be why they signed him). But I agree that Reggie and TY are a lock. 

why would Avery get cut over a guy such as Palmer? Avery had 60 catches last year and 3 touchdowns while only having 1 more drop then Hilton, also Collie cant stay healthy he is about another year away from being dubbed the next Bob Sanders

It's because Avery is 2nd behind Welker in drop passes and it seems he always drops them at the most crucial moments. Avery also doesn't go across the middle he's just a vertical threat. We need a bigger wr because Luck is used to throwing to taller guys.

Im pretty sure Luck can(and already has) adjust to throwing to any receiver. He already has his college buddy on the roster(Fleener, who is tall) as well as Whalen(who is short). I agree that Avery dropped too many passes, but there could have been many reasons for that. I just don't think people should get real excited for this kid. I hope he turns into a good receiver, but I'm certainly not going to hold my breath.

It seems most of us are big dreamers here... I like that! I like to think about it like its a big deal to get me through until the draft and so on.

Truth is... IF he makes the team he most likely will be a situation threat UNTIL somebody goes down with an injury. Even then, if he has a good game at that point it would probably be comparable to the great Kevin Ogletree game 1 freakout of 2012.

why would Avery get cut over a guy such as Palmer? Avery had 60 catches last year and 3 touchdowns while only having 1 more drop then Hilton, also Collie cant stay healthy he is about another year away from being dubbed the next Bob Sanders

I don't think Avery will be back because he's basically the same type of WR as TY and Brazil, but mor expensive. I believe we only signed him for one year, so it's not like we take a cap hit by cutting him.

Illdubb makes a good point about the new O scheme maybe needing different types of receivers. It seems we never take in to account how good a blocker a WR is, or how important that is to the O.

HA HA! No...Roy will not be going in the "Hall" anytime soon Smonroe.....:)

No we have not done well with our Buckeyes...never thought of it...

Roy wasn't exactly high on my list of favorite Buckeyes before joining the Colts. He's the guy who stepped on Ted Ginn's ankle after he scored the TD on the opening KO in the NC game against Florida. Knocked Ginn out of he game, and took away our deep threat. If he would have played we probably would have only lost by 30 points.

Oh we'll, at least we beat that school up north every year.

; it's funny how people think anyone signed off the street will be the next star for the team.

It's not about how we think he will be the next star... far from it. We discuss what he may or may not bring to the team in our own opinions. We are no experts or scouts, but we join the forum to share our opinions on certain matters. 

My goodness there is a lot of excitement over a guy who in all likelihood will be back in the AFL before long. I know Grigson is off to a good start and is Exec of the Year was well-deserved, but these are the types of guys that all teams sign all the freaking time. They rarely make an impact, in fact they rarely make the team. Guys like Freeman are the exception and not the rule. In other words, because Grigson signed him, that does not make him the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice.

I reserve excitement until I actually see him do something for the Colts.

Why in the world did we sign this guy? According to the article he hasn't done anything. Save your money Jim. Get someone with substance

This costs about 0 American dollars. If he makes the roster , it will be for the league minimum . Someone is going to take the cap room and if thisguy makes the 53 man roster or the practice squad , he get's paid his salary. There is no risk of "wasted money". The only risk is if he's not worthy of going to camp and maybe that spot good have been filled by a player that coud have contributed.

As everyone else is saying in this thread ..." low risk and high reward." You can argue the "high reward" part but not the "low risk" part

Typical future/reserve contract is minimal. Irsay isn't wasting any money on this guy if he doesn't work out

Sorry Man Of Steel , I usually try to read the whole thread to make sure I don't "copy" another post. Sometimes I do take a shot and do it anyway if there are like 4-5 pages. In this case I did not see the page 2 of the thread. You had already responded correctly to the post in question and mine just repeats it.