Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Davis vs Marshall

Nobody

Just realized that Davis will be going up against former teammate (and not in a friendly way) week 1. They fought with each other while on the Phins. Who wins this matchup, Marshall or Davis, and why?

Marshall, because it's easier for WR's to catch 3 or 4 passes that negate a solid outing from most DB's in the game.

I think Davis will, partially because I'm a Colts fan. Marshall isn't very fast, and he drops a lot of passes, his hands aren't very good. He is physical, and can jump for passes. We just so happen to have a corner who 1. Knows his style 2. Is also very physical 3. Can also jump very high and 4. Is considerably faster.

Marshall wasn't very good last year. Drops.

Right. You give Davis a get out of jail free card. He shows up to camp overweight and out of shape and you say.... can you blame him with that front office?!?

Now, Marshall has a case of the drops and you don't like him so Davis will cover him well.

Boy, you REALLY ARE a Colts fan, aren't you. Guess you left your objectivity elsewhere.... wow.

Also Marshall really did not drop the ball much at all last year...Pretty sure he was in the lower half/halfway mark of drops by a WR.

Right. You give Davis a get out of jail free card. He shows up to camp overweight and out of shape and you say.... can you blame him with that front office?!?

Now, Marshall has a case of the drops and you don't like him so Davis will cover him well.

Boy, you REALLY ARE a Colts fan, aren't you. Guess you left your objectivity elsewhere.... wow.

Didn't know you were the judge on what a Colts fan really is then?

Will Davis know enough of the Defense to play by week 1 is what we should be asking? I know Gordy played yesterday, but Pagano said Gordy pretty much is familiar with most of the defense from his former tenure. If my memory serves me right I think Davis has played in a 3-4 though. It's possible he may know enough.

Will Davis know enough of the Defense to play by week 1 is what we should be asking? I know Gordy played yesterday, but Pagano said Gordy pretty much is familiar with most of the defense from his former tenure. If my memory serves me right I think Davis has played in a 3-4 though. It's possible he may know enough.

Yes, he has played in a 3-4 and it has been said that Davis is the perfect corner for Pagano, he excels in man coverage and is very physical. Should be fun to see him excel in coverage hopefully.

Umm, did I offend you? Wow.

Also Marshall really did not drop the ball much at all last year...Pretty sure he was in the lower half/halfway mark of drops by a WR.

http://www.profootba...pping-the-ball/ Marshall had a 14.74 drop rate, and 14 drops. Good for 79th best hands in the league. (Or 13th worst)

And he was the 7th most targeted wideout in the NFL. Being the 7th most targeted WR and having to catch from Moore isn't going to equal a 1-2 drop season

That was only done with catchable balls, so the QB argument doesn't work. Yes, he was targeted a lot, but there's no denying he had a tendency to drop the ball. Larry Fitzgerald had 8 more catchable balls and only 3 drops.

That was only done with catchable balls, so the QB argument doesn't work. Yes, he was targeted a lot, but there's no denying he had a tendency to drop the ball. Larry Fitzgerald had 8 more catchable balls and only 3 drops.

Try telling Demarius Thomas who he'd rather catch a ball from, Tebow or Manning?

Marshall is an elite receiver who the last few years has not had a good QB. Like Fitzgerald he can produce even with a mediocre QB. Davis has never been in the conversation of elite CB in the last few years. At least Marshall has proven he can produce at a very high level and consistently. With Davis we will either get a very good player or an average CB. I'll take the WR who produced even when facing Revis over the CB who disappointed his coaching staff by coming in out of shape. Davis might have had a good 2nd half of the 2011 season, but he hasn't produced at a high level consistently.

Just realized that Davis will be going up against former teammate (and not in a friendly way) week 1. They fought with each other while on the Phins. Who wins this matchup, Marshall or Davis, and why?

The only edge we have is that Davis knows Marshall well and wont be intimidated...

We've got to hurry Cutler because he'll still throw you a cookie sometimes.....

But Brandon Marshall will be out to prive something and the Bears would be disgraced by losing to the Colts..

On Chicago radio..most of the talk is about the week 2 Thursday night game with the Packers..