Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard, a beast! ...or not?

ColtsPRIDE11

I'm liking what I'm seeing out of Ballard. He seems rock solid, and he doesn't shy away or give up on the run when he encounters the oposition. He seems huge for his position (although he really isn't. I've come to the conclusion that it's because of how he plays--fearless). Legs the size of tree trunks--they (IMO) could rival MJD's.

Well anyways, you get the idea. I like the guy, and see a bright future ahead.

Thoughts from the rest of the Colts faithful?

I'm liking what I'm seeing out of Ballard. He seems rock solid, and he doesn't shy away or give up on the run when he encounters the oposition. He seems huge for his position (although he really isn't. I've come to the conclusion that it's because of how he plays--fearless). Legs the size of tree trunks--they (IMO) could rival MJD's.

Well anyways, you get the idea. I like the guy, and see a bright future ahead.

Thoughts from the rest of the Colts faithful?

B-E-A-S-T!!!

I love the kid he has a lot of promise. Runs hard, quick to hit the hole. I can see his snaps increasing as the season progresses. Could be a nice tandem.

I see Vick (thunder) Ballard and Donald (lighting) Brown. Yea baby!

Thankfully, he fell while running the 40 and we were able to be there to catch him. This could make for an interesting combo... although I'm not so sure you could call Donald Brown lightning.

I like Ballard too, at least from what I have seen. I don't get to study film really. I just watch the games and watch them over and over on NFL network. From my limited point of view. We appear to be able to run the ball on 3rd and short, and 3rd and goal. The guy hammers the line and I agree his legs are huge! I was particularly pleased to see our goal line move Steelers D line into the endzone. I think we are working on something good. I like Donald Brown too. He's a threat to break it if he wriggles through. I think we are going to see more from our run game this year than what we have seen in the past. I dont' mean RUN RUN RUN, but 3rd and goal used to be a passing down for us. Defenses are going to be kept in check by the notion we could pound it in! I've said this before, while I have enjoyed the winning while Peyton was here, I'm ready for some REAL, HARD, SLOBBERKNOCKIN' FOOTBALL! I think our team is putting it together nicely. I'm struggling to find the "bad" move Pagano and Grigson have made. I like what I see, and I'm eager to see how we do against Washington this weekend.

One quick thought on the O-Line. I read a lot of speculation about the line, and this is something I noticed against the Steelers. While it appeared the right side of the line occasionally broke down, I also noticed how comfortable Luck was with it. He gracefully moved up and let the right side of the line slide those aggresive defenders on back behind him. Could this be part of the plan? We know Luck has some ability to move. Maybe this isn't the right thread to bring this up, but it's just what I thought I saw.

LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!