Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to play in London?

braveheartcolt

With the Jags signing up to play one home game at Wembley from 2013 - 2016, could this mean the Colts coming to town!! Don't think there has been a divisional game in London yet, but you never know.

I know Polian was dead against it, but maybe Grigson will have another view. It's not like they are losing a home game, and the Jags are really losing home field advantage.

I know most of you will rain on my parade, but the few UK/ European fans on here will be keeping their fingers crossed!

Hmmm... London is within a reach from Hungary...Question if I could get tickets...

Looks like a short weekend visit for me????

I could get you a ticket HF. Well, if the friend I have still works for the company that sells them! Even without this contact, they are not too hard to get.....but we are getting carried away with ourselves!!!

I would not be thrilled about it. No offense but the games in London have pretty well all been poorly played. The NFL is like a well oiled machine. The time change...flights...conditions seem to cause teams to not perform sharply. I wouldn't want the Colts to change up their practice schedules and play there. Preseason games....go for it..but I have yet to see a really well played game there yet. It just doesn't seem to go well...then you got the travel back and really it affects two weeks of the season...I don't care for it.

3rd game of a preseason would be perfect. Starters usually play for 3 quarters and they get a good view of the game. That said I assume the extended rosters would make that expensive. Perhaps a pro bowl....if they still bother to play it anymore. I just don't care for it. Sorry friends from your side of the pond. I imagine you would feel the same say watching Chelsea and Manchester United play a league match in Washington. I've been to Manchester and the flight alone will make you want to sleep for two days...you just feel terrible. That said I would go again in a second to watch another soccer match. Nothing like it....including LOS. (Sorry)

Could happen I saw that the Jags owner said that they were open to having one of the games be a division game. I am not a big fan of our team playing in London, it seems like going to he west coast throws a lot of NFL teams off let alone going to London. With that said if we aren't giving up a home game for it it wont bother me as much. Also with the attendance issues the Jags have I am not all that worried about their home field when we go down there anyways. Heck if the Jags become the London "home" team they might have better fan support there than they have in Jacksonville.

I would prefer it not to happen.

The would obviously put the bye week after the game since they have each time they have played in London. They haven't had a divisional game in London to date, and from the games I've watched, their field is 2nd rate, on par with Chicago after September.

I wouldn't want the Colts playing over there, when Tennessee & Houston play at Jacksonville, just as I am sure the Houston fans that are ever-present around here could feel the same way. Even if the split it up in 3 consecutive years to where each division opponent had a game in London, I think it disrupts the competitive balance too much.

To date, each of the games have been AFC vs. NFC match-ups.

I'm not a fan of this concept.

It's pretty cool to see the opinions of you guys across the pond. We have such a U.S. centric view on things. I would be a little concerned about how the travel would impact the team. If they could get a bye week after the game I think that would be great. Plus I would like to see them add one more bye week anyway. And If you guys could fill the stadium with Colts fans for the Jags "home" game that would be awesome!

Most of the players who have participated have not mentioned the travel to be an issue. Do you really think BB would let his Pats come back for second helpings, if it was that big an issue? I doubt that very much.

The state of the field is irrelevant. Many games in the US have been played on much worse. Until all grounds have artificial turf, it's a moot point.

I agree that having a divisional game is unlikely, and not sure the other divisional teams would benefi that much, but I see the logic in it.

Anyways, good to dream.....

Introducing the London Jaguars! (Jag-you-ars)

Just sayin.

If you are being serious......Never. It would not work, even if the other teams would travel. There is huge support growing in the UK, but that fan base is divided across all 32 teams. The vast majority would not fold on their own team and become a Jag. So they just would not get the fanbase required. Wembley works, because it's a 'one-off' carnival atmosphere. I'm not even sure we could support a second game in London.

If there's a division game that's on a neutral field then it kinda takes the fairness aspect out of playing the division twice. The Jags would play us in Indy, then London? I don't see them agreeing to that. I bet it's against NFC teams.