Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL AM LIKES COLTS THIS YEAR

mark5362

Wild card sounds to me a little optimistic right now. Very much is depending on the team as a whole, and especially on D-line. Luck alone can't take Colts to the wild-cards, other rookies must grow up as well, and other new players must show up their best. We have strong competitors, those may be better teams...yet.

I really believe that 6 win is a very plausible scenario...and we can only get into wild-card position, if we have 8 wins and 8 win would be enough for WC.

I really believe that 6 win is a very plausible scenario...and we can only get into wild-card position, if we have 8 wins and 8 win would be enough for WC.

For what little it's worth, 8 wins rarely gets you to a wildcard. (Has it ever?) So, even if we're fortunate enough to get to an \

8-8 record, chances are it will not get us to a wildcard spot.

Hope you're right and I'm wrong, but I don't think that's the case....

For what little it's worth, 8 wins rarely gets you to a wildcard. (Has it ever?) So, even if we're fortunate enough to get to an \

As far as I can remember in 2010 season a team with under 0.5000 balance got to playoffs. This was the first time in NFL history.

Edited by HungarianColtsFan

the 2010 seattle seahawks made the playoffs at 7/9 and beat the defending champs in the playoffs

As far as I can remember in 2010 season a team with under 0.5000 balance got to playoffs. This was the first time in NFL history.

Teams have made the playoffs at 8-8 and the seahawks made the playoffs two years ago. The problem is a team making the playoffs at 8-8 or even 9-7 is usually because the division is horrible. The chances of making the playoffs as a wildcard at 8-8 are slim to none. The conference as a whole would have to be garbage.

Teams have made the playoffs at 8-8 and the seahawks made the playoffs two years ago. The problem is a team making the playoffs at 8-8 or even 9-7 is usually because the division is horrible. The chances of making the playoffs as a wildcard at 8-8 are slim to none. The conference as a whole would have to be garbage.

According to my original post, even I think that NFL is to optimistic about wild card chance for Colts.

If Luck starts out performing Manning and RG3 in the regular season, that will be the topic of discussion about the Colts. I can't imagine the press talking playoffs unless our record is reasonable enough to make it.

I just hope Luck outperforms defenses inthe AFC South...

I dont get the Luck/RG3 comparisons.......and Luck/Peyton is a deabte only in Indy

Yes,..... you are partially correct. That was Seattle getting in at 7-9. But they got in because they won their division with that terrible record, NOT as a wild card.

In other words ---- they got lucky! (no pun intended!)

the 2010 seattle seahawks made the playoffs at 7/9 and beat the defending champs in the playoffs

Yes.... as I shared with our Hungarian Colts fan, Seattle did get in at 7-9, but not as a wildcard. They got in as their division winner. Big difference. Their division was terrible and so they got lucky to get in with a losing record.

But it wasn't as the wild card and that was my original point.

Wild card sounds to me a little optimistic right now. Very much is depending on the team as a whole, and especially on D-line. Luck alone can't take Colts to the wild-cards, other rookies must grow up as well, and other new players must show up their best. We have strong competitors, those may be better teams...yet.

8 wins? colts will get more than 8 wins, they have a defense thats only getting better and more comfortable in the new scheme. Luck isnt the only rookie stepping up, if dwayne allen keeps it up he could have a stellar season along with ballard and ty hilton.. especially hilton since i highly doubt collie will stay on the field for long.

The rest of the afc south looks weak so more than 8 wins seem very possible right now.

Yes but they won thier division unless the texans are just killed by injuries and the titans take a step back 7-9 isn't going to get the job done in terms of winning the south.

8 wins? colts will get more than 8 wins, they have a defense thats only getting better and more comfortable in the new scheme. Luck isnt the only rookie stepping up, if dwayne allen keeps it up he could have a stellar season along with ballard and ty hilton.. especially hilton since i highly doubt collie will stay on the field for long.

The rest of the afc south looks weak so more than 8 wins seem very possible right now.

Well, You know I would be very happy if You will be right. It is up to the team.

Go Colts!

3/3 of them say we make the WC. Hmmm, before the Pre-Season...... no one had us making it to 6 Wins. Funny how the world changes. haha *Sarcastic Laugh*

Anyway, I still believe that we'll be a lot better than what people say we will. I believe the Injuries are gonna start to fade and we're gonna become a healthier team as a whole. Now you can't stop injuries from happening all together. But I'm talking about those 5week+ injuries are gonna start to decrease. I have high confidence in this team. Not saying we're going to the Super Bowl or Playoffs, but we will make some surprises and mix up the WC race seeing how we play the divisions that usually have teams for the WC (AFC East & NFC North). This team will grow during this season, and during the next off-season.

And once again I'm booking my record prediction: 9-7 or 7-9 Nothing More, Nothing Less

Ehhh, I suspect with the flex scheduling...we may find ourselves on National TV more than originally expected.

There was a thread last week looking at the flex eligible games this season. The NFL put a lot of popular division rivalries among teams that are anticipated to be pretty good. It's going to take some big time changes in the landscape for any of those games to be flexed, I think.

The rest of the AFC South? Alright. :rolleyes:

You could argue that the Jags look even better in preseason than the Colts. I mean, we talkin bout preseason, y'all.

Andrew Luck is going to change the perception ( I dunno why 1 bad season in the last 13 makes this such a dramatic turnaround anyway, as if the franchise is the worst) and the conventional thinking about the Colts quickly.

I never understood the whole idea that we were terrible. We didn't exactly gut our team, we got out of a lot of bad contracts and players who couldn't stay on the field. If Peyton had played last year, we would have probably made the playoffs. I'm not going to compare AL to Peyton, but with the team we have, I expect us to be very competitive.

I just hope Luck outperforms defenses inthe AFC South...

I dont get the Luck/RG3 comparisons.......and Luck/Peyton is a deabte only in Indy

For the nation it's the #1 vs #2 , for use it's who we picked vs who we could have picked

I've had us pegged as a .500 team this year, so we're a couple lucky bounces from a wild card spot or a few unlucky ones from ending up with a top 10-12 pick.

Our depth still concerns me so staying healthy is crucial- that'll probably be the difference this year for us as to whether we can potentially sneak into the playoffs or we end up with another relatively high pick.

1260 had an interesting way of looking at things. They looked at our schedule and said you could come up with about five QBs on the schedule this year that Andrew Luck isn't better than right now. Now that's just one poistion and doesn't mean the Colts team is better than all those other teams but that's a pretty important poistion.

Honestly I expect growing pains this season and I do think it will take a little bit of time for this team to learn how to win and finish games just like about every team in the NFL has to go threw. With that said I think there are going to be several moments where we go oh man our future looks bright because as good as Luck is now he should only get better and I think unlike last year when we lost games and just everything felt bad I think we might lose some games this year and go you know what we came up short today but I feel really good about this team going forward.

I've brought up the 97 and 98 teams before the 97 team was like last year when they lost there was no future nothing to make you feel good about the future. The 98 team had the same record as the 97 team but even after they lost you were often left feeling good about what was to come for the future. I expect this team to be like the 98 team in that regard although I expect this team will have a better record than the 98 team. I still think 6-10 feels about right.

ive been watching the first part of the preseason games cause that tells alot abotu the team cause that is when the starters are playing each other. and im very positive about this team. last year we were in alot of games even at the end and that is with bad coaching and horrible qb's and both have improved this season so im still thinking this team shocks the nfl and goes 10-6 and wins the division.

The rest of the AFC South? Alright. :rolleyes:

You could argue that the Jags look even better in preseason than the Colts. I mean, we talkin bout preseason, y'all.

Meh. It's the Jags though. How much faith do you truly have? ;)

On the plus side Vance I read some Niners fans raving about the Houston D. I guess it's a defensive competition when they play other teams with a top D. lmao