Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coby Fleener agrees to contract

MTC

Awesome, can't wait to see them in action. Colts need to live stream training camp over the web.

You know, I bet something like that eventually happens - for a charge. Teams are always looking for new revenue streams. It would be cheap for the teams to implement and almost be pure profit.

Text Jim about it.

No workouts missed? Didn't he miss today's workout? (Wednesday?)

Same with Dwayne Allen. They both missed today's workout.... or, am I not understanding something correctly?

Rookies were suppose to report today, but there weren't any workouts. That starts on the 28th!

Rookies were suppose to report today, but there weren't any workouts. That starts on the 28th!

No workouts missed? Didn't he miss today's workout? (Wednesday?)

Same with Dwayne Allen. They both missed today's workout.... or, am I not understanding something correctly?

No workouts on the first day of camp. Rookie camp or full camp. Only physical activities they can do are running and conditioning, per the CBA.

Edit: That's my understanding, anyway. Could be wrong.

No workouts on the first day of camp. Rookie camp or full camp. Only physical activities they can do are running and conditioning, per the CBA.

Thanks...I was searching the web for that information.

I believe you are right I heard chap say earlier today when he said expected them done today that neither would miss a meeting or a workout.

Good to know no actual practice time was missed... glad that's the case...

But, it's 7p my time as I write this and 10p Indy time... and no official word on Coby's signing...

At this point in the game, I don't think he's signed yet. Maybe later tonight.... maybe tomorrow.... but I don't think it's happened yet... despite what Coby's short-lived tweet said...

Good to know no actual practice time was missed... glad that's the case...

But, it's 7p my time as I write this and 10p Indy time... and no official word on Coby's signing...

At this point in the game, I don't think he's signed yet. Maybe later tonight.... maybe tomorrow.... but I don't think it's happened yet... despite what Coby's short-lived tweet said...

The kid states he has an agreement with the Colts............I think he will sign as soon as he can get to Indy. Not to worry.

Right.... the story cites the same Tweet we're all talking about. The only problem is that (A) Fleener removed the tweet, and (B) the Colts have made no announcement.

Look.... this will get done... I'm sure of that.... I just think there's a last second snag. Think Coby jumped the gun a bit. It's a common problem with young guys his age. Or, so I once recall...!

Right.... the story cites the same Tweet we're all talking about. The only problem is that (A) Fleener removed the tweet, and (B) the Colts have made no announcement.

Look.... this will get done... I'm sure of that.... I just think there's a last second snag. Think Coby jumped the gun a bit. It's a common problem with young guys his age. Or, so I once recall...!

Look again on Fleeners Twitter. He didn't delete it and its there.

Mookie again?.....OUCH havent we learned by now the guy has no business starting or playing in the NFL in all honesty for that matter.How is he going to swallow up blocks when 1 guy can handle him in the 4-3, ya need more then strength at Nose Tackle ya need some explosiveness, he has a slow first step, I'm looking forward to seeing Anunoby and Mckinney

Removed it for a spelling error.

we still have mckinnley, mookie, CA, and jason shirley

Josh can take his time. High hopes for him. Might be best for his knee if he skips this season

All we NEED is to weed out those that don`t fit. Get everyone adapted to the system/learn the playbook.

If you LUV the Colts and want to rebuild you will root for Good Health and next years #1 Draft choice.

Draft Early/Draft Often.

Drafting at the front of each Round. I think our 1st 5 picks are PLAYERS. 2 or 3 after that could be solid depth in a year or two. NICE!

This will be a fun year with all these talented young players.

I bet we DON`T Pray for our Kickoff returner to just Kneel down PLEASE! ;- ) Gawd that was Awful last season.

Removed it for a spelling error.

Excuse me? Removed a tweet for a spelling error?

Twitter is NOTHING BUT SPELLING ERRORS. That's what 140 characters will do to you. You misspell everything.

Either way.... it's now done. It's official.

And a very small, short and to the point write-up from the Colts front office. After a much bigger and longer write-up for Allen earlier in the day.

Guess everyone was tired and wanted to go home...

Mookie again?.....OUCH havent we learned by now the guy has no business starting or playing in the NFL in all honesty for that matter.How is he going to swallow up blocks when 1 guy can handle him in the 4-3, ya need more then strength at Nose Tackle ya need some explosiveness, he has a slow first step, I'm looking forward to seeing Anunoby and Mckinney

Mookie's done a lot more in this league then McKinney. I know, McKinney was behind Ngata.....not even true as he was behind Cody. The fact remains, Mookie has been a starter for a few years, and McKinney's been sitting his fat self on the bench eating burgers since he's been in the league. Also, I think playing a 2 gap system fits Mook better anyway. He's not the kind of 1 gap penetrator we've asked him to be. He's more of a hold your ground against double teams kind of player.

Mookie again?.....OUCH havent we learned by now the guy has no business starting or playing in the NFL in all honesty for that matter.How is he going to swallow up

blocks when 1 guy can handle him in the 4-3, ya need more then strength at Nose Tackle ya need some explosiveness, he has a slow first step, I'm looking forward to seeing Anunoby and Mckinney

Your love for Anunoby, Chism, and Hicks is starting to get funny. And the fact that you're inserting them into the starting lineup based off their highlights is even funnier..

Mookie's done a lot more in this league then McKinney. I know, McKinney was behind Ngata.....not even true as he was behind Cody. The fact remains, Mookie has been a starter for a few years, and McKinney's been sitting his fat self on the bench eating burgers since he's been in the league. Also, I think playing a 2 gap system fits Mook better anyway. He's not the kind of 1 gap penetrator we've asked him to be. He's more of a hold your ground against double teams kind of player.

Mookie was the biggest lineman we had, he wasnt a starter because he had skill lol, he filled a hole thats all. Maybe he will do better in this new scheme but I wont be surprised if he dont, he barely produced in college so not surprised he hasnt in the pros, dude is a bust, dont believe me just check out our rushing yards allowed since we brought him over from the Titans, yes we were bad before that but havent gotten any better with him manning the middle http://www.hailstate...9&Q_SEASON=2006

Your love for Anunoby, Chism, and Hicks is starting to get funny. And the fact that you're inserting them into the starting lineup based off their highlights is even funnier..

Not any funnier then the lame excuses for tackles and Corners we have had over the Manning era, how many of our Corners have produced and done it consistently over the Manning era? how about how many, defensive tackles? Im not saying Chism or Anunoby would be better but they cant be any worse and Anunoby is more explosive then Johnson by a long shot, by the way what players did in college is a small factor in where they go in the draft and where teams draft them and part of that is highlights that coaches and scouts watch, highlights are a useful tool, just as much as Combines, the only difference is you get to see the player in game action. I find it even more funny that some want to hang on to a guy like Johnson who hasnt produced, apparently coaches dont feel the same way or they wouldnt have brought in or drafted 3 other Nose Tackles

McKinney played plenty last season.

I find it even more funny that some want to hang on to a guy like Johnson who hasnt produced, apparently coaches dont feel the same way or they wouldnt have brought in or drafted 3 other Nose Tackles

This is highly specious reasoning. First of all, if the coaches didn't feel that Johnson should be retained, he'd have been cut. He hasn't been.

Secondly, you bring in the best players you can, mostly without regard for their position. No one was raving about the nose tackles we had, but suggesting that the team doesn't think Johnson is capable because we brought in other players at his position is very weak.

Also, applying that reasoning to the corner position would suggest that the fact that the front office didn't break their backs bringing in corners means that they're confident in the corners we have. I don't think you would subscribe to that reasoning.

Moreover, undrafted free agents have a tough road to hoe when it comes to making a final roster in the NFL. It's very obvious that you like some of our guys and that you don't like others, but the fact that Johnson has been playing in the NFL for several seasons and made it through the offseason weighs heavily in his favor, especially in comparison with someone like Anunoby or Shirley.

This is highly specious reasoning. First of all, if the coaches didn't feel that Johnson should be retained, he'd have been cut. He hasn't been.

Secondly, you bring in the best players you can, mostly without regard for their position. No one was raving about the nose tackles we had, but suggesting that the team doesn't think Johnson is capable because we brought in other players at his position is very weak.

Also, applying that reasoning to the corner position would suggest that the fact that the front office didn't break their backs bringing in corners means that they're confident in the corners we have. I don't think you would subscribe to that reasoning.

Moreover, undrafted free agents have a tough road to hoe when it comes to making a final roster in the NFL. It's very obvious that you like some of our guys and that you don't like others, but the fact that Johnson has been playing in the NFL for several seasons and made it through the offseason weighs heavily in his favor, especially in comparison with someone like Anunoby or Shirley.

Im thinking Chapman was brought in to start but wont do to recovering from injury, What I meant was Johnson couldnt hold his ground or produce enough pressure to draw double teams in a 4-3 I certainly dont see it in the 3-4, I dont see how he will ever hold his ground or beat two O Linemen, also he has had 5 years to be that dominant interior lineman and it just hasn't happened, your right I do like some players over others, we all do, I want ones that will produce and that hasn't been Johnson