Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dose any one else have that feeling

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on everyone take the blinders off. I know everyone here bleeds blue but be realistic, even with Peyton at the helm we would barely win our division. Luck will be great but he is a rookie, rookies qbs do not go to the playoffs. Anyhow, it would not benefit us to do it anyway i do not want to be mediocre i want sb rings. IM as big a fan as anyone here so those of you that will say differently with my following statement will not bother me. I hope Luck struggles a bit and gets better nas the season goes along just like PM 26 tds 28 ints and we get the #1 pick again. Then we trade it for 3 future #1s to Cleveland, then we build a team with those future #1s and the cap money we will have next year to build a dynasty for the next 12 years. Sorry but that sounds alot better to me than barely making the playoffs and getting knocked out in the first round. I want the Colts to replace the Steelers with the most rings, if you can say i am not a true fan for wanting to tank 1 season to be great i will argue back that your not a true fan either for wanting mediocrity instead of being the best franchise in the NFL.

I'd like to introduce you to a few people:

YATES111120120107_TexansPlayoffs_KAW_31-306x289.jpg

Andy+Dalton+Wild+Card+Playoffs+Cincinnati+xiq0JlCd3ANl.jpg

image.jpg

p1.matt-ryan.icon.jpg

104672_crop_340x234.jpg

nfl_u_roethlisberger01_576.jpg

Also, you don't need #1 draft picks to win Super Bowls.

I'd like to introduce you to a few people:

YATES111120120107_TexansPlayoffs_KAW_31-306x289.jpg

Andy+Dalton+Wild+Card+Playoffs+Cincinnati+xiq0JlCd3ANl.jpg

image.jpg

p1.matt-ryan.icon.jpg

104672_crop_340x234.jpg

nfl_u_roethlisberger01_576.jpg

Also, you don't need #1 draft picks to win Super Bowls.

notice the last rookie hehe superbowl his rookie year. so according to this list rookies dont do well first year? looks to me like there are rookies that do awesome first year. unlike the panthers we have still some great players on this team. the ones let go really didnt play that many snaps last season. everyone we pretty much kept played the entire season. i can see us making the playoffs and end up shocking the world heheh

As has been said in so many words...the Colts have the potential to be something huge. Will it be this season? Odds say 'no', but that doesn't mean that it won't happen. In true Mora-esque style, "Playoffs?!" I'm following the ponies one game at a time, and looking forward to what the new staff and new crew can put together. It's sad that we've become so uber-accustomed to the Peyton Colts and winning a lot, and that era has come to an end; however, we hope for a new era with Luck, et al. Separately, they're all hard-working, scrappy players. The acid test will come during pre-season when we wait to see if they can bring it together. Perhaps this pre-season, more than any, will actually be worth watching when the Horse is on the field. There will be a lot of eyes on that field--mine included.

I'm just ready for the season to start. Let's get this party started!

I think we will win games, but not enough games for the playoffs.

Finally a realist! I always say expect the worst when a team is rebuilding. (I know, this is a no no word with the coaching staff) This way you aren't dissapointed when they do get a few wins, which is realistic. Any win looks good when your expectations aren't set too high. In the words of Jim Mora: Playoffs?

notice the last rookie hehe superbowl his rookie year. so according to this list rookies dont do well first year? looks to me like there are rookies that do awesome first year. unlike the panthers we have still some great players on this team. the ones let go really didnt play that many snaps last season. everyone we pretty much kept played the entire season. i can see us making the playoffs and end up shocking the world heheh

Steelers actually made the Super Bowl in Ben's second year. They lost to the Patriots in the AFCCG in 2004.

By the way, except for Matt Ryan and Andy Dalton, all those rookie quarterbacks actually won playoff games.

y'all know we open the season against the Bears..in Chicago

,,and finish with 2 games against Houston in 3 weeks?

you know that, right??

Yup. We'll lose to Chicago, but we NEVER lose both games to Houston. We'll probably go 1-3 against the NFC North although I could see a W over Detroit, but the only AFC team we play that I'm counting on a loss against is NE. Jacksonville x2, Cleveland, Miami, Minnesota.....cake schedule. Somewhere between 7-9 and 10-6.

Yup. We'll lose to Chicago, but we NEVER lose both games to Houston. We'll probably go 1-3 against the NFC North although I could see a W over Detroit, but the only AFC team we play that I'm counting on a loss against is NE. Jacksonville x2, Cleveland, Miami, Minnesota.....cake schedule. Somewhere between 7-9 and 10-6.

Fluffy clouds lovely rainbows a soft and snuggly place fluffy clouds lovely rainbows a soft and snuggly place fluffy clouds lovely rainbows a soft and snuggly place fluffy clouds lovely rainbows a soft and snuggly place fluffy clouds lovely rainbows a soft and snuggly place fluffy clouds lovely rainbows a soft and snuggly place fluffy clouds lovely

Fluffy clouds lovely rainbows a soft and snuggly place fluffy clouds lovely rainbows a soft and snuggly place fluffy clouds lovely rainbows a soft and snuggly place fluffy clouds lovely rainbows a soft and snuggly place fluffy clouds lovely rainbows a soft and snuggly place fluffy clouds lovely rainbows a soft and snuggly place fluffy clouds lovely

History shows that the Texans beating the Colts twice in a year is the stuff of rainbows, snuggle bears, and lollipops.

Hey when's the last time the Texans beat the Colts twice in a year?!

Hey when's the last time the Texans beat the Colts twice in a year?!

When's the last time the Texans made the playoffs for the first time? Last year, if I'm not mistaken. History is made every year my friend. Even though I would rather play the Colts at the beginning of the year...I have grown accustomed to the surprisingly pleasant trend.

Finally a realist! I always say expect the worst when a team is rebuilding. (I know, this is a no no word with the coaching staff) This way you aren't dissapointed when they do get a few wins, which is realistic. Any win looks good when your expectations aren't set too high. In the words of Jim Mora: Playoffs?

Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs??? I just hope we can win a game!

When's the last time the Texans made the playoffs for the first time? Last year, if I'm not mistaken. History is made every year my friend. Even though I would rather play the Colts at the beginning of the year...I have grown accustomed to the surprisingly pleasant trend.

Oh it is. But you Texan fans get the largest of heads because you've won the division ONCE over the past like 14 years. The Titans have won it more than you guys. When you consistently win the division for more than 2 years, that's when you can call it a trend.

Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs??? I just hope we can win a game!

Love your signature. You must have been SO PROUD typing that up. If you want to go on another teams message board and wind up their members, have something worthwhile to flaunt. Well, that's what our good friends from New England do on here....

You fly back to school now little starling, fly fly fly...

The surpisingly pleasant trend of not being able to beat a team twice that went 1-13 collectively against teams not named the Houston Texans?

Good luck with your future franchise quarterback, TJ Yates......LOL

Oh it is. But you Texan fans get the largest of heads because you've won the division ONCE over the past like 14 years. The Titans have won it more than you guys. When you consistently win the division for more than 2 years, that's when you can call it a trend.

Somebody still sounds a little butthurt about us winning. Think about this realistically, dude: Luck is not going to be good for the next four years. Your team is in disarray, the only thing you did to get better this offseason is draft Luck and Fleener. And by the way, we won the division in dramatic fashion...Ravaged by injuries, with a rookie quarterback...while you, however, lost in dramatic fashion...

2-14 has never been so funny. Your team is pathetic, at least we kept winning when our FIRST TWO quarterbacks went down.

Love your signature. You must have been SO PROUD typing that up. If you want to go on another teams message board and wind up their members, have something worthwhile to flaunt. Well, that's what our good friends from New England do on here....

You fly back to school now little starling, fly fly fly...

The reference to being a child or schoolboy is quite original buddy. Even though I do believe it has been used by cyberbullies who would get their butts kicked in real life. :lol: And just so you know, yes, I am proud. We won, you didn't, get over it. I actually came here to interact with the classy Colts fans everyone has been talking about. You, however, are not one of them.

The surpisingly pleasant trend of not being able to beat a team twice that went 1-13 collectively against teams not named the Houston Texans?

Good luck with your future franchise quarterback, TJ Yates......LOL

Dude...what do you not understand about being ravaged by injuries? Do you think that loss meant anything to us? We went to the playoffs and won, while the Colts...well, they didn't really do anything. If the pride of your season was beating us, then I feel sad for you. It's quite a shame. And Yates, a fifth-round, third-stringer, did much better than THREE of your quarterbacks. Good luck with Luck...He's going to be getting crushed by Cushing, Barwin, and Reed for quite some time until you guys get that line in order. Even then, he's toast.

The reference to being a child or schoolboy is quite original buddy. Even though I do believe it has been used by cyberbullies who would get their butts kicked in real life. :lol: And just so you know, yes, I am proud. We won, you didn't, get over it. I actually came here to interact with the classy Colts fans everyone has been talking about. You, however, are not one of them.

Welcome to the boards

Somebody still sounds a little butthurt about us winning.. Luck is not going to be good for the next four years. Your team is in disarray, the only thing you did to get better this offseason is draft Luck and Fleener...2-14 has never been so funny. Your team is pathetic...

The reference to being a child or schoolboy is quite original buddy. Even though I do believe it has been used by cyberbullies who would get their butts kicked in real life...We won, you didn't, get over it. I actually came here to interact with the classy Colts fans everyone has been talking about. You, however, are not one of them.

Do you think that loss meant anything to us? We went to the playoffs and won, while the Colts...well, they didn't really do anything. If the pride of your season was beating us, then I feel sad for you. It's quite a shame. Good luck with Luck...He's going to be getting crushed by Cushing, Barwin, and Reed for quite some time until you guys get that line in order. Even then, he's toast.

If this is representative of your interaction...we can do without.

If this is representative of your interaction...we can do without.

Sorry for standing up for myself and my team...It's only something an abomination would do.

I guess you're another classless fan.

Your team is pathetic

This board is more than welcoming of other teams fans. However coming here and making statements like "You team is pathetic" isn't going to work out for you. Let's just be nice and talk football.

This board is more than welcoming of other teams fans. However coming here and making statements like "You team is pathetic" isn't going to work out for you. Let's just be nice and talk football.

" But you Texan fans get the largest of heads because you've won the division ONCE over the past like 14 years" Yeah, and this is so much better?

" But you Texan fans get the largest of heads because you've won the division ONCE over the past like 14 years" Yeah, and this is so much better?

No, it's not. Just argue stats, facts and such in more even tempered manner would be my advice. We are well aware that our team sucked last year. Many of us here love talking football with some good spirited jabbing, as we've done so with several Pats fans (long time members, one is even a mod) for years.

The imagery of our most beloved ex-colt, Manning, in your avatar is probably going to indicate to others that you're looking for trouble. Personally, I would love to have more Texans fans here to talk game with. Just be chill, brother, and maybe we can do this in the upcoming 2012 season.

I think five wins this year is realistic and after that it is all up to the organization as to how they staff and how good the coaching staff is. They should be a force offensively but defense must be there and going from fast to big will take three years at least.

No, it's not. Just argue stats, facts and such in more even tempered manner would be my advice. We are well aware that our team sucked last year. Many of us here love talking football with some good spirited jabbing, as we've done so with several Pats fans (long time members, one is even a mod) for years.

The imagery of our most beloved ex-colt, Manning, as a donkey in your avatar is probably going to indicate to others that you're looking for trouble. Personally, I would love to have more Texans fans here to talk game with. Just be chill, brother, and maybe we can do this in the upcoming 2012 season.

Alright, alright, I'll tone down the testosterone lol. And he is not a donkey...he's a bronco, if that helps. :P

I think really when it comes down to it, its harmless banter between opposing teams fans, I have seen some personal shots on here however but dont believe the above to be the case, we must all remember that these forums are just as open as other teams forums

thereby inviting the chance that fans from other teams may browse a rivals forum to see whats going on there, I think shots at a person are unecessary but banter between fans about teams is ok

Alright, alright, I'll tone down the testosterone lol. And he is not a donkey...he's a bronco, if that helps. :P

Apparently Manning loves horses.....Can't be a Colt, be a Bronco. Hopefully that'll work out for him because there are no more horse teams in the NFL.

Both of our teams kinda got the shaft last year with QB issues, only, the Texans were better poised to deal with it. The Colts weren't prepared for the inevitable, at all.

I'll never forget game 1 of the 2011 season. Watching my Colts fall on their face @ Houston was a sad precursor to what was a terrible sequence of events. .

Apparently Manning loves horses.....Can't be a Colt, be a Bronco. Hopefully that'll work out for him because there are no more horse teams in the NFL.

Both of our teams kinda got the shaft last year with QB issues, only, the Texans were better poised to deal with it. The Colts weren't prepared for the inevitable, at all.

I'll never forget game 1 of the 2011 season. Watching my Colts fall on their face @ Houston was a sad precursor to what was a terrible sequence of events. .

Ah but it made us look at other issues as well and begin to build the whole team as a unit and not just around one player

Ah but it made us look at other issues as well and begin to build the whole team as a unit and not just around one player

I'm hoping that we can look back 5 years from now and be happy about 2011. It could well be a blessing in disguise.

Hey, there is some good about this...While we have Yates, you guys did get a pretty good guy that is very similar to Manning. So I guess it's like the phoenix rising from the ashes ha. In a way it's like we picked our own poison...I expect a much better showing between these two towards the end of the season. Luck will have at least some experience by then so it should be exciting.

Oh dear. You certainly miss a lot. Others have quoted your mistakes if you want to learn and engage in decent banter on here. Check out Vance 87. He's got a little more class (for a Moo Cow). You might want to tag onto his coat tails for a while. Unless you just want to troll.

Have fun.

Hey, there is some good about this...While we have Yates, you guys did get a pretty good guy that is very similar to Manning. So I guess it's like the phoenix rising from the ashes ha. In a way it's like we picked our own poison...I expect a much better showing between these two towards the end of the season. Luck will have at least some experience by then so it should be exciting.

About the best I can realistically hope for, is for us to make things difficult for the Texans by taking a game from them.....kinda like last year, aye?

About the best I can realistically hope for, is for us to make things difficult for the Texans by taking a game from them.....kinda like last year, aye?

Hahaha so true. Maybe both if he's polished enough by then. But, for Texan's sakes, let's hope not.

Dude...what do you not understand about being ravaged by injuries? Do you think that loss meant anything to us? We went to the playoffs and won, while the Colts...well, they didn't really do anything. If the pride of your season was beating us, then I feel sad for you. It's quite a shame. And Yates, a fifth-round, third-stringer, did much better than THREE of your quarterbacks. Good luck with Luck...He's going to be getting crushed by Cushing, Barwin, and Reed for quite some time until you guys get that line in order. Even then, he's toast.

I have been a Colt fan since 1957 and lived here in Houston since 1979. So let's talk Houston sports since 79.. I loved the Oilers even though they never "Kicked the son of a $#%#$ down" as Bum said of the Steelers, a team they could just not beat. So they leave town and later the Texans are born and a guy named Davis Carr was sacked more than any QB in NFL history while the Texans management did squat. Finally, they have come to the dance and I hope next to the Colts they win it all but this is the NFL and despite how good you are there are no guarantees. We don't want to talk baseball or basketbal in Houston now do we? Houston is my home and the Colts are my guys but in 2012 I pull for the Texans to go to the super bowl and win it. God knows this town needs a winner of some kind. If you think the Colts are done, write back in 2015 and we'll see where the Texans are and the Colts are in the standings.