Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #8, Colts @ Texans, October 27, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Colts @Texans  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Colts have an over-500 record (4-3), are you playing to win or to develop players?

• You play to win the game!
    • Play the young guys to develop them, even if that results in not making the playoffs.
    • Why not both? (Play young guys and play to win.)
  2. 2. JT is expected back today after being out with injury. Will he break 100 yards rushing?

3. 3. Who wins?

4. 4. Bonus Question: Would you like the Colts to be buyers or sellers before the trade deadline?

• Buyers -- we need to upgrade this team to make a playoff run
    • Sellers -- we need draft capital to continue to build this team
    • Neither -- I like this team as currently constituted.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2024 at 06:14 PM

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the problem is richardson is throwing to guys who are fully covered or double covered all game . yes his passes are hitting guys in the hands today but there is a reason for  all the incompletions .  he is locking onto his first read and just throwing it

Okay, but he is not the worst. Maybe it is because I have been watching the NFL for over 30 years. I have seen terrible ones. Is he worse than Scott Tolzien? I'm just pointing out guys who played for the Colts. The Vikings have had very bad QBs.

Just now, ADnum1 said:

On every play Steichen calls there is a short route, an intermediate route and a deep route - Pierce.

It is AR that chooses to throw to the deep route every time.

Do you all think Steichen says "OK AR just throw it to the deep route this time !"

It doesn't work that way.

There are multiple options on every pass play

100% accurate.  Ultimately, it’s on the QB where the ball goes or of a throw is or isn’t made.  

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Okay, but he is not the worst. Maybe it is because I have been watching the NFL over 30 years. I have seen terrible one. Is he worse than Scott Tolzien? I'm just pointing out guys who played for the Colts. The Vikings have had very bad QBs.

richardson has way more talent than scott tolzien and many other terrible QBS .  He stats are probably just as bad or worse though

Just now, TigerColt said:

Right idea poor execution. The game too big for AR right now?

I will say he’s saying something’s that make me wonder if he truly gets the NFL is a different beast.  Namely when he down plays needing to get down by saying if I get one-on-one I like my chances.  Clearly the team (coaches) are trying to teach him to get down but he’s fighting it.

2 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Yeah, at the end of the day, you can’t start a QB (especially when there is a more effective option available) if the play calling has be so neutered to limit the offense.  

If he is that raw, then sit him and let him develop until a semi-complete offense can be run

Again, you have two backup quarterbacks who are performing better in the system than the guy who drafted to be the future. 

It's crazy to think that Joe Flacco is the best option for a QB in 2024 on this roster. Hell. The quarterback play with Matt Ryan under Jeff Saturday wasn't ever 13% completion in a half bad. 

• Like 2

As much as it sucks kind of hoping this is the beginning of the end for Ballard and co. 

Lets be real in 8 years with him constructing the team we have never been better than mid.

He put all his eggs in a very raw very inexperienced prospect that looks to be an epic fail unless we have a Josh Allen like turnaround which is pretty unlikely

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BlackTiger said:

He would seem awesome if you only looked at his best plays.  You would be cherry picking pretty hard to get there though lol

Year 2 has been a HUGE step backwards for AR, IMO. He gave more glimpses of not being a deer in the headlights last year 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Look at the original question.  It's not a deflection.

Every QB we’ve had since he was drafted has been better.

The point that was being made is that they would draft a QB to mentor him. Ballard decided to toss him in at starting right away.

None of this changes that if we want any hope of salvaging him we need to try something other than what we are currently doing. We have Flacco now. Ignore it all you’d like but it’s a valid point.

The Colts have to be the worst third down defense in the NFL and it always sparks a back breaking drive.  After our halftime discussion of is Richardson the guy or not we now return you to our regular programming of please fire Gus Bradley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

richardson has way more talent than scott tolzien and many other terrible QBS .  He stats are probably just as bad or worse though

He has tons of potential. I would love the Vikes to trade for him. Not every Vikes fan agrees. I think he can be great. I love having more than one starting-caliber QB on my team.

• Like 1