Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #7, Dolphins @ Colts, October 20, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Miami @ Colts  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Anthony Richardson is expected to play against the Dolphins. Keeping in mind that he is returning from injury, how many total yards passing and running do you expect from him?

• Less than 175
    • Between 175 and 250
    • over 250
  2. 2. Which statement best describes what you believe?

• Colts need to play the players that give them the best chance to win now.
    • The Colts should play their young players (Anthony Richardson, Alex Pierce, Latu, Mitchell, etc.) even if it is means losing games, as these players need to play to develop. (This is a year to develop players.)
  3. 3. Who wins?

• Colts
    • Dolphins
    • The game will end in a tie.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/20/2024 at 05:15 PM

Jimmy Johnson hit the nail on the head, Richardson is not a drop back passer right now.  The Colts keep trying to make him something he isn’t.  Let Richardson be Richardson.  That’s what he was doing vs the Steelers and it’s the only time he’s looked good.  Yes I know he’s going to expose himself to injury but you can’t fear that.  You have to teach him to get down like he did on his first scramble.  That’s why I keep saying the guy Richardson should be is Lamar Jackson.  It took him a while to learn to protect himself too but that’s worked out okay for the Ravens.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I get it, I hate watching the Colts implode and it's happened too often for far too long.

AR's play is an issue, don't get me wrong, but I think there are bigger issues with the Colts than our rookie QB playing bad:

• Steichen is not it. There, I said it. Steichen is not it. I thought we'd get a creative playcaller with him, but it's basically just Reich who takes a few more shots down-field and goes for it on more 4th downs. That's it.
  • Our DC is inept. How Bradley can keep being a DC ANYWHERE is a mystery.
  • Ballard can't build a team. Period.

I think I’m with on this!!

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Jimmy Johnson hit the nail on the head, Richardson is not a drop back passer right now.  The Colts keep trying to make him something he isn’t.  Let Richardson be Richardson.  That’s what he was doing vs the Steelers and it’s the only time he’s looked good.  Yes I know he’s going to expose himself to injury but you can’t fear that.  You have to teach him to get down like he did on his first scramble.  That’s why I keep saying the guy Richardson should be is Lamar Jackson.  It took him a while to learn to protect himself too but that’s worked out okay for the Ravens.

The Colts have been terrible at game-planning for AR.

• Like 1

In depth, detailed first half analysis:

Game planning and Offense has been crud, last 20 seconds excepted, and the defense has, typically, been mediocre to bad.

There’s a whole lot of redeeming that needs to come in the second half, to continue on a path to save the season.  I don’t have a good feeling about this. 

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

You act like the alternative with AR also won’t lead to more of a carousel

The Colts need a franchise QB. Period.

That's not Flacco. It may not be AR, but we don't know that yet. If AR busts, draft a new guy and try again. Late-30 to 40 year old QBs are not the answer.

• Like 2

Just now, Solid84 said:

That's not Flacco. It may not be AR, but we don't know that yet. If AR busts, draft a new guy and try again. Late-30 to 40 year old QBs are not the answer.

I agree they need a franchise QB. I never said it was Flacco but you act like we’re doomed if Flacco starts but we have a very high probability with AR of being in the same boat. We’ve got a lot of talent on this team that we are wasting by not being aggressive enough in finding our new QB either in the draft or via free agency.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Said that 5 minutes in…

12 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I get it, I hate watching the Colts implode and it's happened too often for far too long.

AR's play is an issue, don't get me wrong, but I think there are bigger issues with the Colts than our rookie QB playing bad:

• Steichen is not it. There, I said it. Steichen is not it. I thought we'd get a creative playcaller with him, but it's basically just Reich who takes a few more shots down-field and goes for it on more 4th downs. That's it.
  • Our DC is inept. How Bradley can keep being a DC ANYWHERE is a mystery.
  • Ballard can't build a team. Period.

It should be eye opening to colt fans when his play calling is causing Huntley out playing  the #4 overall selection PLUS a team that isn't going anywhere is completely out playing them. Fortunately, the Refs have kept this game close.

6 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

It’s been since Jeff George that the Colts had franchise QB not work out.  A lot of Colts fans have never seen it and don’t know how to handle it.  I am not saying Richardson won’t work but at this point we’ve established he’s not Manning or Luck who showed you they were going to be the answer from the word go.  I mean both guys first passes, all be it pre-season games, were touchdowns.

I will say the Colts coaches aren’t doing Richardson any favors by trying to make him something he’s not but you have to find out if he’s the guy or not.  If he’s not Ballard and Shane are going to get fired anyways so you might as well find out.  Flacco is a slightly better version of Minshew and we saw what happened when teams figured out how to attack Minshew last year and we saw the Titans starting to expose Flacco’s short comings last week.  It would be one thing if I thought Flacco could win you a Super Bowl but the best case scenario with Flacco is getting into the playoffs and probably getting waxed and then moving on at season’s end and you are back to is Richardson the guys or not?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

but Lamar was a more elusive and dangerous runner than AR is. cam Newton had a future Hall of Famer Steve Smith to catch passes in his rookie year. That is who AR compares to, that is why the passing has to be a part of AR growth.

The similarity stops at running quarterback, but Lamar had greater potential to avoid Contact than AR does. Still, Lamar could not sustain it at the NFL level.

Lamar also had far more starting experience coming out of college. It is almost like we are establishing one year of college starting experience in the NFL for AR. He is not going to show his full potential till year three or four. we resign ourselves to it and settle for not winning as many games