Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game

GoColts8818

6 minutes ago, AKB said:

We need a youth movement. And honestly IDC if Ballard is here next year or not. We desperately need some young hungry players. Guys like Cross, Womack, Latu, you can see the hunger. Easier to root for a guy learning rather than unmotivated vets. 

Surprisingly, we’re actually one of the younger teams in the league. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Matt Stafford

Wowzer, one guy. If I recall, Stafford was injured on some pretty bad hits. He was known for staying with the play and playing like a warrior. AR is getting hurt in the open  field and taking hits from db's. It's not a good comparison. Stafford's injuries were not because he was injury prone, I would argue. He was getting injured because he was getting served up on a platter by his team. 

21 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Same. Just so disheartening as a fan. Again Josh Allen's head bounces off the turf he goes into the blue tent and misses not a single snap. I don't understand what's in the water in Indy.... Why the heck is Ryan Kelly injured every month?

What is wrong with our DBS?

Why can't we have a healthy QB? 

It's way frustrating. And I just turn to sarcasm. I can wait to cheer for our back ups next week too! Levis will throw for 75% completion rate and over 300 yards. 

The other issue is, if his teammates deem him soft he faces the potential of losing the lockeroom before he ever gets his footing. Hopefully he remains healthy for the duration of the season and progresses.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

0-2 now for division play. And the Texans beat the Bills… 

Texans have this division locked up anyways they improved in multiple key areas this offseason and is taking advantage of CJ rookie contract.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Fans need to reset their thinking. Let’s just watch AR develop and not have playoff expectations. Get some players back and see where we are at.

You know me Chloe, and you know how I feel about this season. I was never truly expecting a division title this year. 

But I did think scoring 34 points would’ve been enough to win in Jax. 

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah he wasn't performing at a high level as you suggested.    Oof indeed

You’re right. His rookie season he wasn’t good. Then he proceeded to ball out stats wise from that point on. Hence, my saying he produced at a high level. But you knew that of course. Keep digging!

19 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Let's be clear on AR and him thinking he is a big guy and can run over people. This maybe true. However, if u look at all of his injuries and review those hits. They were not crushing blows. They were simple football hits. So far in his career, he is made of glass. I love the kid, however have u ever seen a player in any sport hurt this much in early in their career?  Then,  have that  that player go on to play mostly injury free for their career? I have not. Injury prone players sadly carry that through out their career. The sad thing with AR is that he probably has only this year to prove he can stay healthy. If not, the Colts will most likely look else where in 2025.

No I totally agree.  In fact I have said this in this thread and others.  His hits have been very mild compared to other NFL hits where players are knocked out.  I just think he has a body that is made of glass, and his ability to withstand pain seems to be almost non existent.

Not to mention today I saw him out pre game throwing passes and he looked totally fine.   Remember the last time we saw that?  Andrew Luck before the game that he retired.  Looked fine,  Just didn't have anymore drive to compete.  Which I don't know if he ever really had.  But I give him his due....he could take pain. 

AR for lack of a better word is a whimp when it comes to pain.   It is pretty obvious by now.  I remember seeing him last year in his first preseason game, on like the first or second time he got hit.  He started limping.  I thought it was strange because the hit was nothing. 

Now?  After playing what....maybe 5 total games in 2 years out of 22?   It isn't so strange. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Texans have this division locked up anyways they improved in multiple key areas this offseason and is taking advantage of CJ rookie contract.

ballard  brought in Raekwon Davis  if that doesnt mean we are all in I dont know what to tell you .

• Like 1

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

You’re right. His rookie season he wasn’t good. Then he proceeded to ball out stats wise from that point on. Hence, my saying he produced at a high level. But you knew that of course. Keep digging sport!

He played in 3 games his second season.   Keep not knowing what you're talking about

21 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

The thing is this defense has given up 363 yards to Williams, 312 yards to Fields and 371 yards to Lawrence. 1,046 yards total to a rookie, a jag and a QB having the worst season of his career.

Now, giving up yards won't necessarily lose you the game, but it does keep our offense off the field and let's their offense move into (at least) FG range more regularly. It's just an outdated approach to football especially when the rules favor offenses now.

This has been a recurring theme for years around here.  Basically since Ballard.  Every QB the Colts play against seems to throw at an 80% completion rate and have an all career game.

At some point we need to realize that it is not the DC, but Ballard telling the DC how to coach/play the players.

He is the weak point in all of this. 

20 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

Very well written. If and when the team wins a game or two, All the Ballard fans will say See See.  If I had heard AR saying if the fans don't like what I'm doing, whatever. I  would clear out his locker today! We have another Vince Young here. If he gets booed he will hide his head and pout.

It for sure is not a good sign that a player who has been hurt so often refuses to see why he should change how he plays. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

You know me Chloe, and you know how I feel about this season. I was never truly expecting a division title this year. 

But I did think scoring 34 points would’ve been enough to win in Jax. 

Every team is going to have a game or two every season. Even jags gave up almost 500  yards. I don’t want to blame the offense after scoring 34 points but the 2nf and 3rd quarter were stagnant. Again it was enough to win the game for sure but we were down 14 points because the offense was stagnant for two quarters. They could have won in a shootout had we went downfield more often.

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think we are one of the youngest teams in the league 

yeah i suppose so.  maybe it's just a super injured team losing to a team in a situation we almost always lose to them in. maybe not as big of a deal as we are making it to be 

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah he wasn't performing at a high level as you suggested.    Oof indeed

Didn't you say AD was going to have more receiving yards than Pittman? Did you see him avoid a ball today so he wouldn't get hit? Whereas pittman blindly almost decapitated himself to catch a ball. AD doesn't even compare. 

Starting WRs going forward should be Pitt, Alec, and downs in the slot. AD should be competing with Dulin for the leftover snaps. 

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He played in 3 games his second season.   Keep not knowing what you're talking about

Oh so we’re talking about games played again? I thought it was touchdowns. Which he threw 6 to 1 INT. That is high production. Good try!

I grew up in MI.  Was never a Lions fan but I saw Stafford play all of the time.  He is as tough as tough can be.  Cannot stress that enough.  HUGE pain tolerance.  Some of the hits he took and continued playing were out of this world.  Especially his first few years in the NFL.   I can't think of the exact game but I remember one where he could not even walk, just hobbled on one leg, but led the team down the field for a winning TD.

AR would have been carted off the field and given IV's.    No comparison between Stafford and AR imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AKB said:

We need a youth movement. And honestly IDC if Ballard is here next year or not. We desperately need some young hungry players. Guys like Cross, Womack, Latu, you can see the hunger. Easier to root for a guy learning rather than unmotivated vets. 

If the Colts could get draft picks for players like Ryan Kelly at the trade deadline, I am all for it. Most of those veterans will not be around anyway, when the Colts are consistently winning again. Build around a young core.

.Remaining in a purgatory of mediocrity and drafting 16-18  is not the answer.; especially if the intention remains to only construct your team through the draft.

17 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

The other issue is, if his teammates deem him soft he faces the potential of losing the lockeroom before he ever gets his footing. Hopefully he remains healthy for the duration of the season and progresses.

I think that is already starting to happen to be honest.  I know I would be thinking that.  Especially after seeing AR out throwing before the game, looking fine, but not even dressing. 

I would be giving him the side eye. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKB said:

Didn't you say AD was going to have more receiving yards than Pittman? Did you see him avoid a ball today so he wouldn't get hit? Whereas pittman blindly almost decapitated himself to catch a ball. AD doesn't even compare. 

Starting WRs going forward should be Pitt, Alec, and downs in the slot. AD should be competing with Dulin for the leftover snaps. 

Love the talent AD has. However, he maybe best suited as a cheer leader because he sure don't like to take a hit.

2 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

I grew up in MI.  Was never a Lions fan but I saw Stafford play all of the time.  He is as tough as tough can be.  Cannot stress that enough.  HUGE pain tolerance.  Some of the hits he took and continued playing were out of this world.  Especially his first few years in the NFL.   I can't think of the exact game but I remember one where he could not even walk, just hobbled on one leg, but led the team down the field for a winning TD.

AR would have been carted off the field and given IV's.    No comparison between Stafford and AR imo. 

Amen!!

20 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Agree on losing the locker room. He will be viewed as a great athletic specimen. However, they will lose patience and want to move on.

4 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

It for sure is not a good sign that a player who has been hurt so often refuses to see why he should change how he plays. 

AR "injuries:

Banged up knee ( who would have thought, in football no less) missed 2 plays at the end of a game that didnt matter.

Concussion for slowing down from a TD run, learning moment, as he has said not to let up again, League is strict on concussions, not his choice.

Shoulder separation from a DE tackling and falling on him. Football play, force and angle basically his only real injury

Running for a first down and not avoiding contact, 1 game missed with a hard hit by DB. another learning moment. 

Aside from the shoulder, NFL stuff. Well worth making hysterical claims about.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

No I totally agree.  In fact I have said this in this thread and others.  His hits have been very mild compared to other NFL hits where players are knocked out.  I just think he has a body that is made of glass, and his ability to withstand pain seems to be almost non existent.

Not to mention today I saw him out pre game throwing passes and he looked totally fine.   Remember the last time we saw that?  Andrew Luck before the game that he retired.  Looked fine,  Just didn't have anymore drive to compete.  Which I don't know if he ever really had.  But I give him his due....he could take pain. 

AR for lack of a better word is a whimp when it comes to pain.   It is pretty obvious by now.  I remember seeing him last year in his first preseason game, on like the first or second time he got hit.  He started limping.  I thought it was strange because the hit was nothing. 

Now?  After playing what....maybe 5 total games in 2 years out of 22?   It isn't so strange. 

I truly beleive that AR maybe one more injury away from losing the owner, coaching staff and his team mates. He needs to get in their and play for a long stretch before getting injured again. He needs to prove to everyone, he is not made out of glass. If he goes in there again and shortly afterwards, he gets injured. That maybe it. Unless he can  prove he can stay healthy for a long stretch. Everyone will be out on him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Agree on losing the locker room. He will be viewed as a great athletic specimen. However, they will lose patience and want to move on.

Yep, rough situation if your crowned the face of the franchise and future highest paid player.

1 minute ago, Lifetime Colt said:

AR "injuries:

Banged up knee ( who would have thought, in football no less) missed 2 plays at the end of a game that didnt matter.

Concussion for slowing down from a TD run, learning moment, as he has said not to let up again, League is strict on concussions, not his choice.

Shoulder separation from a DE tackling and falling on him. Football play, force and angle basically his only real injury

Running for a first down and not avoiding contact, 1 game missed with a hard hit by DB. another learning moment. 

Aside from the shoulder, NFL stuff. Well worth making hysterical claims about.

I have never in my life seen an NFL player, or any player for that matter, injured at the frequency that AR gets hurt. 

Part of that is he is made of glass.

Part of that is he has a low pain tolerance.

Part of it is he does not know how to take and absorb a hit.  Or give a hit to a defender so that the force is given and not taken.

And a VERY large part of it is he does not know how to slide or run OB when needed.  In fact he may actually know how to?  But he just doesn't want to.  As he said this past week.

Sorry, I am an AR defender and I want him to do well.  But after watching Daniels today and how he avoids hits compared to AR?  I don't think AR will ever last in this league.  He is a smart guy, but seems football stupid. 

14 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Oh so we’re talking about games played again? I thought it was touchdowns. Which he threw 6 to 1 INT. That is high production. Good try!

AR has 5 tds vs 1 int last year.   Is that high production?

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I truly beleive that AR maybe one more injury away from losing the owner, coaching staff and his team mates. He needs to get in their and play for a long stretch before getting injured again. He needs to prove to everyone, he is not made out of glass. If he goes in there again and shortly afterwards, he gets injured. That maybe it. Unless he can  prove he can stay healthy for a long stretch. Everyone will be out on him.

What is your true belief based on?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Money talks. Had we offered more he would have stayed. Instead, we pay FG Kicker 10 mill a year or whatever it is and he misses anything outside of 50 now.

No he wasn't Bengals offered him something we couldn't a starting position. 

21 minutes ago, AKB said:

I have never said anything about AD .  You must be thinking of someone else

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What is your true belief based on?

Common sense. So let me ask u this. Let's say AR plays next week and gets injured again. What do u think will be the view of the owner, FO, coach and his players moving forward? I think it will reach critical mass if he is reinjured shortly after returning from injury. 

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Common sense. So let me ask u this. Let's say AR plays next week and gets injured again. What do u think will be the view of the owner, FO, coach and his players moving forward? I think it will reach critical mass if he is reinjured shortly after returning from injury. 

He is the number 4 overall pick.  Irsay was on board with that pick.  AR will be the qb for this year and the next 2 unless he can't play.  There is a reason an old vet is his backup.  They know they need insurance for AR.  But he is the future.....until he isn't

8 minutes ago, AKB said:

it was definitely you, don't lie. 

Find the post.