Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas Clark to be inducted into the ROH.

w87r

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Well deserved, Clark was like having another WR out there. This is Clark's day, but I have to bring up Bob Sanders. I am starting to wonder if Irsay has something against Bob, because IMO Bob belongs before Clark does, JMO.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

A good tight end made better by a great supporting cast. Had 3 really good seasons.

It can be said no doubt, but in the same breath you could say it held him back a little bit too. Only so many targets to go around 04-06(03 rookie season stopped short at 10 games). Then Marvin got hurt in 07 and Clark stepped into his increased role with ease. Marvin came back for one more year in 08, which explains the slight dip in production in 08, but went back at it in 09 when Marcin retired. Then got hurt in 10.

He was 1st round pick coming out, so the talent was present from the beginning.

His 3 really good years were when he had a big increase in opportunities. 

He had a solid career, good longevity, even though he had quite a few injuries over the years.

12th most rec TDs by a TE

25th most rec TDs 

Solid playoff production as well.

Averaged 5rec 80yds a game in 06 SB Championship run.

Colts all time TE leaders:

Screenshot_20240603-2102072.png.34063bc02818b117436919456e46b89d.png

Screenshot_20240603-210219.png.821fb4e376d5edd2b437ba75177ef437.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Let’s face it that third down catch against Baltimore in 2006 saved the game for us and loudest move on to play give me AFC championship game. He caught it in his elbow for a first down and we kick the subacute field goal which sealed the game. That is my favorite Dallas Clark moment, but watching him, catch the ball and run down the scene for chunk yards. It was amazing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Let’s face it that third down catch against Baltimore in 2006 saved the game for us and loudest move on to play give me AFC championship game. He caught it in his elbow for a first down and we kick the subacute field goal which sealed the game. That is my favorite Dallas Clark moment, but watching him, catch the ball and run down the scene for chunk yards. It was amazing.

Clark kind of started the trend with Hawkeye TEs on the pass catching front to an extent, and then came Kittle, Hockenson, Sam LaPorta etc.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2024 at 1:51 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well deserved, Clark was like having another WR out there. This is Clark's day, but I have to bring up Bob Sanders. I am starting to wonder if Irsay has something against Bob, because IMO Bob belongs before Clark does, JMO.

I love Bob Sanders, his highs were so incredibly high but he just wasn't on the field enough to be over Clark. He only had 2 season where he played more than half the season. If his highs weren't so damn high he would be looked at as a borderline bust due to health issues alone.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, twfish said:

I love Bob Sanders, his highs were so incredibly high but he just wasn't on the field enough to be over Clark. He only had 2 season where he played more than half the season. If his highs weren't so damn high he would be looked at as a borderline bust due to health issues alone.

Plus, the year he got defensive player of the year, both he and Bethea were healthy for the 2007 playoff loss vs the Chargers where Billy Volek for crying out loud, passed on us left and right. Sanders to me has the notoriety because of the SB run when everything clicked, but the pivotal part was also our run offense more than anything else that playoff run allowing our small but fast D to rest up and be efficient. The whole team was just hungry and relentless that run. I don't think he deserves ROH either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twfish said:

Can't argue with most of it but he is the only Colt in history to win DPOY which was in 2007, and without him I doubt we win the SB in 2006. 

• Thanks 1