Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Colts Draft Pick is Your Favorite - and - WHY?

My favorite is Adonai Mitchell because I think he will be a significant part of our new offense under Shane Steichen.

It should be noted that I was really hoping that TE Brock Bowers would slide to us at 15.

• Like 1

For me it is Latu. Not because he was the first round pick, but in this division especially, you’re going to need to hit the QBs as often as possible. Plus seems like the kid will be a great locker room/community guy.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

From this draft, Latu.  Hoping he brings the heat!

All time, Bert Jones.  One of the best pure passers the game has ever seen.

I was thinking about Bert Jones the other day (I was at his first game in Cleveland and recognized the talent).  He could have been one of the greats.  Big, strong, great arm.

Kind of reminded me of Luck, who could have been one of the greats.  Big, strong, great arm.

Now we have AR...big, strong, great arm.

Let's hope the third time is the charm.

• Like 1

Just now, Smonroe said:

I was thinking about Bert Jones the other day (I was at his first game in Cleveland and recognized the talent).  He could have been one of the greats.  Big, strong, great arm.

Kind of reminded me of Luck, who could have been one of the greats.  Big, strong, great arm.

That must have been something to see him play live!  I agree with you, the paralells with Luck are freaky.  Let's hope AR is the charm!

• Like 1

Just now, TheNewGuy said:

That must have been something to see him play live!  I agree with you, the paralells with Luck are freaky.  Let's hope AR is the charm!

When I was a kid , I saw Bert ,Lydell and company trample the Bills in Buffalo....loved it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

When I was a kid , I saw Bert ,Lydell and company trample the Bills in Buffalo....loved it.

Nice!  Lydell was special as well!  Those years are when I first really started understanding the game.  Too bad they faced the great Steeler and Raider teams in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

Nice!  Lydell was special as well!  Those years are when I first really started understanding the game.  Too bad they fced the great Steeler and Raider teams in the playoffs.

I know ..I remember seeing that small plane that crashed into the upper deck at War Memorial Stadium after the Steelers playoff loss.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

The two funny things I remember from that game - it was a hot day in Cleveland, first game of the season.  We were in the end zone and we watched these two young guys dragging their totally intoxicated friend to where we were. 

They yelled at the guys in back of us that they were in their seats.  The guys said they weren't, and when the drunks looked at their tickets they realized they were in the other end zone.  We watched them drag their buddy all the way there.  We weren't sure if he was alive or if it was a foreshadow of Weekend at Bernies.

The other memorable thing was the guys sitting in back of us, obviously Browns fans, told me that Jones would never amount to anything.  I think the Colts lost, but it was a fun day for me and my friends.

• Like 2

Mitchell, he is a man with a chip on his shoulder. Choosing the number 10 seemed a bit immature on first glance however his road post draft was filled with unnamed reports of behavior issues caused him to be “pisssd” at his draft status so I see a player that is happy to be here and prove it on the field and I look forward to seeing that 

AD, not even because of what he can possibly do for this offense, but because of who he is. 

hes going to bring attitude to this team.  Going to bring character.  We don’t really have any fiery guys on offense.  Maybe Nelson, but he’s on the OL.  The attitude that AD can bring to this offense could be infectious in a good way.  

As a fan, I was getting tired of the “nice wholesome guys”.  Let’s start getting some guys in here who want to beat the snot out of their opponent.  Who will embarrass their assignment and talk trash to him.

• Like 1

Latu for me. Mostly cause of his mannerisms and talent. If healthy, this guy could be great

Just now, smittywerb said:

AD, not even because of what he can possibly do for this offense, but because of who he is. 

hes going to bring attitude to this team.  Going to bring character.  We don’t really have any fiery guys on offense.  Maybe Nelson, but he’s on the OL.  The attitude that AD can bring to this offense could be infectious in a good way.  

As a fan, I was getting tired of the “nice wholesome guys”.  Let’s start getting some guys in here who want to beat the snot out of their opponent.  Who will embarrass their assignment and talk trash to him.

Pittman is pretty intense. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Pittman is pretty intense. 

In what way?  As I said above, I’m not speaking about on the field.  I’m speaking about in the locker room.  The players personality, attitude, etc.

i don’t even think he showboats lol.  That’s not a slight btw.  

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

In what way?  As I said above, I’m not speaking about on the field.  I’m speaking about in the locker room.  The players personality, attitude, etc.

i don’t even think he showboats lol.  That’s not a slight btw.  

Show boating doesn’t equal intensity. Nor does it equal greatness. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

I just hope he isn't a cancer like Diggs or AB.

• Like 2

I'm rooting for all the guys but I'll be pulling for the Marshall cornerback Micah Abraham from the sixth round.

You could see there wasn't much draft day action going on at his house probably because he didn't even know if he'd get drafted.

I laughed because Im assuming it was his mom 'shusshing' his little brother or someone in the background when he got the call from us if you get a chance to see it again.

Rooting for the underdog to make it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Show boating doesn’t equal intensity. Nor does it equal greatness. 

I don’t think my post implied that.  I said that my opinion was not in regard to anything on the field.  What I’m trying to get at is that AD is bringing a different type of energy into the locker room and that’s why he’s my favorite pick.  Of course there has been mild-mannered players who have had HOF careers.  But in regards to what I was saying, is that on the offensive side of the ball I’ve felt that we have lacked a certain type of player who can bring some fire and attitude in the locker room.  The talking pundits call it “moxxy” (sp?), swag, aura, etc.  Reason why I even brought up showboating is to show that MPJ isn’t the “loud” type and as I said above that isn’t a bad thing or a slight.  Not sure where you got that I think players with attitudes or showboating tendencies are the only great players.   And no, I’m not saying showboating is the only way a player can show fire.

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I just hope he isn't a cancer like Diggs or AB.

I hope he’s not also.  I do trust our locker room and leadership that they won’t let him get to that point.  

I literally yelled in joy for Mitchell like we just scored a game winning TD. If we would have traded back to 25 and picked him after Brian Thomas I would have been happy. That being said I think Latu is going to be my favorite. His whole attitude and how greatful he is has won me over.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Man The Ruston Rifle had one of the most perfect spirals ever. 

• Like 5

Latu. I REALLY liked this pick on draft day and absolutely love it now. I've felt for some time the Dline needed more pass rush help and I think Latu is excatly what we needed. STEAL at 15.

Mitchell is a close 2nd though. We needed to get more explosive on offense and AD is a 1st round talent. STEAL at 52.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, IinD said:

I'm rooting for all the guys but I'll be pulling for the Marshall cornerback Micah Abraham from the sixth round.

I was going to say the same.

He's fast, very instinctive, looks like football is in his blood...55 passes defended. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Latu. I REALLY liked this pick on draft day and absolutely love it now. I've felt for some time the Dline needed more pass rush help and I think Latu is excatly what we needed. STEAL at 15.

Mitchell is a close 2nd though. We needed to get more explosive on offense and AD is a 1st round talent. STEAL at 52.

All Your research on pass rush rate by Colts DL seems to have reached the front office eyes :thmup:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I know ..I remember seeing that small plane that crashed into the upper deck at War Memorial Stadium after the Steelers playoff loss.

War Memorial Stadium was in Buffalo. You probably got the name wrong because of where you live?

Baltimore had Memorial Stadium. I still have a brick from Memorial Stadium after it was torn down. The Colts moved to Baltimore in 1953. The Orioles moved to Baltimore in 1954 (the Original Baltimore Orioles are now the NY Yankees). I was born in Baltimore in 1954. Moved to Indiana in 1980, but got the Baltimore and York, Pa sports pages sent to me by my Mom.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Creekside said:

I was going to say the same.

He's fast, very instinctive, looks like football is in his blood...55 passes defended. 

Football IS in his blood. His Dad is Donnie Abraham- NFL Veteran, and UFL coach.

• Like 2