Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 (Rounds 2 & 3) Discussion Thread ****NO SPOILERS****

Just now, Shive said:

If he's fallen this far, his medicals were most likely as big of a red flag as they were made out to be. I'd love to be wrong!

You could be right.    But there could be another dynamic in play.   In the summer of 23, Bucky Brooks had this juicy tidbit…

He surveyed all teams that run a 4-3 defense.  And he reported that HALF OF THEM now view LB as a deeply discounted position.   And half won’t take a LB until Day 3.   Not before R4.   Just like RB is for the offense.  

Just food for thought.  

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Wow….  We weren’t talking about OT as a possibility, were we?   

I thought about it, but thought Ballard would pass because of the run. Gonslaves is one of the last possible starters left.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

I love the player, but a round early to me.

Odds are our new DL coach who came from Pittsburgh has some insight into this guy.   ESPN is raving about him saying he was hurt early in the season.  (Foot/toe)

• Like 2

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Wow….  We weren’t talking about OT as a possibility, were we?   

No. I was looking at some guys with versatility across the line. They made it clear with this pick that they want better tackle depth. Guys are hyping him up on espn. Say if it weren’t for injury, they would have talked about him a lot sooner. Sounds like a good swing tackle. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

I do too. I also like to see players from small schools drafted by the NFL.

I do also love the small school picks like you do. 

I remember going to a Princeton football game when some rb had a career day. Indy ended up drafting him, I forget his name. Felt so proud for having seen him live.. Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Odds are our new DL coach who came from Pittsburgh has some insight into this guy.   ESPN is raving about him saying he was hurt early in the season.  (Foot/toe)

Great point! I completely overlooked this. Partridge may have had some insight on him. 

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Think we're moving him to OG? I'd think Freeland is still our swing tackle.

Brett Kolmann said he thought he could be a better G than T.

• Like 2