Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Draft Thread Day 1 (Final Discussions, Predictions, Rumors, etc…). ****NO SPOILERS****

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Improved pass rush is Improved secondary 

if they can just Brady us all day because we play different zip codes off of opposing receivers, it doesn't even matter.

Post-Draft Analysis

The Colts' base 4-3 defense needs another pass-rusher off the edge after missing on a few previous selections in the second round. Latu is pro-ready with an array of pass rush tools at his disposal. Indianapolis posted 51 sacks last season, the fifth best in the league, but finding a potential premier defensive end in a league where nearly every team is running a three-person rotation is smart team building. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TheEdgeis1 said:

To me, his tape is very meh!!

I wanted chop!!

Latu is far and away the most technically advanced pass rusher in this draft. He has more moves in his bag than a lot of pro pass rushers. Chop has an electric first step but that's it at this point. That was also the elite skill that Werner had and was otherwise raw. 

13 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Is this Werner 2.0?

Complete opposite.

12 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

His name scares me… anyone with a weird name never does that well in the NFL.. can’t think of many people with weird last names that are great lol

I'm not going to say what this comment made me think, but Latu is of pacific islander descent. It's not a weird name.

• Like 4

Wow, an EDGE at 15 after last year's QB at 4.  It seems that the Colts are starting to understand positional value.  Good pick.

I hope Latu has enough bend to turn the corner at the NFL level.  Technique isn't everything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh and now I'm finding out he was told to medically retire due to a neck injury. Fantastic. Surely that can't backfire.

I hope he's the exception to all the DE misses this front office has had at high spots during Ballards tenure. I remember when we were all high on Paye as well lol.

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

Latu is far and away the most technically advanced pass rusher in this draft. He has more moves in his bag than a lot of pro pass rushers. Chop has an electric first step but that's it at this point. That was also the elite skill that Werner had and was otherwise raw. 

Complete opposite.

I'm not going to say what this comment made me think, but Latu is of pacific islander descent. It's not a weird name.

He had an amazing snap at the Senior Bowl. He loses with a spin move to the OT, then immediately rips his arms away and passes him. Top level stuff.

• Like 1

We have an amazing rotation on DL with the addition of Latu, opposing OLs are gonna have to deal with a constant rotation of fresh rushers. We just need to add better coverage now, I would like Cooper LB in the second but maybe a CB.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Wow, an EDGE at 15 after last year's QB at 4.  It seems that the Colts are starting to understand positional value.  Good pick.

I hope Latu has enough bend to turn the corner at the NFL level.  Technique isn't everything.

Latu is the best technician since... Bosa probably? But I agree.. technique isn't everything. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

We traded with the Texans to get to #21, them we traded with the Jags to get to #17 to draft Turner. He is an expensive pick :)

I would say it is confusing why they are trading away so many picks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

We traded with the Texans to get to #21, them we traded with the Jags to get to #17 to draft Turner. He is an expensive pick :)

You needed some defense. I think he will be good if not great in a couple years. The Latu pick for us is good if he can stay healthy. Any kind of neck or back injury is bad though. 

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

Post-Draft Analysis

The Colts' base 4-3 defense needs another pass-rusher off the edge after missing on a few previous selections in the second round. Latu is pro-ready with an array of pass rush tools at his disposal. Indianapolis posted 51 sacks last season, the fifth best in the league, but finding a potential premier defensive end in a league where nearly every team is running a three-person rotation is smart team building. 

I like the fact that he could potentially be  DE or a LB, that versatility could prove very beneficial.

• Like 1

Just now, Yoshinator said:

Love the Latu pick. We got a great football player instead of a raw athlete. About time, this kid is great and the best EDGE rusher in the draft! Very happy!

He's somebody that can be effective immediately.  He doesn't need seasoning.  Give him a helmet, and let him play.

• Like 5