Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Draft Thread Day 1 (Final Discussions, Predictions, Rumors, etc…). ****NO SPOILERS****

39 minutes ago, Shive said:

I think we've seen that small WRs can be successful if they're used properly. He has a lot more technical refinement than he gets credit for and Steichen is an offensive mind that could make use of his explosiveness while minimizing the issues his size could present. I think he's way closer to TY than John Ross.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Josh Downs does with a full year of NFL experience under his belt.

• Like 3

Just now, NFLfan said:

I think the entire nfl world is. But let’s face it, it’s still Kirk’s team. They just want the kid to ride behind him to learn. Kirk likely retires in two years, this kid takes over and the Falcons have the potential to be good for a long while if either of them or both pan out

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Why did everyone believe that Dejean would be drafted by Green Bay?

They apparently have a thing for Iowa guys and I think experts were lining up to mock DeJean to them, lol.

• Like 3

Just now, NFLfan said:

Brett Kollmann was saying he's heard someone mention that with the possible Cousins tampering, they could expect to lose their 1st round pick next year, so they made the QB move this year while they still could.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I think the entire nfl world is. But let’s face it, it’s still Kirk’s team. They just want the kid to ride behind him to learn. Kirk likely retires in two years, this kid takes over and the Falcons have the potential to be good for a long while if either of them or both pan out

I don't get why they drafted him. It seemed like a reach. It was not a need. They could have drafted Odunze or any number of defensive players. I don't get it.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Brett Kollmann was saying he's heard someone mention that with the possible Cousins tampering, they could expect to lose their 1st round pick next year, so they made the QB move this year while they still could.

I did not think of that.

(Posts merged :( )

Just now, NFLfan said:

I don't get why they drafted him. It seemed like a reach. It was not a need. They could have drafted Odunze or any number of defensive players. I don't get it.

Because Kirk only has 2 or 3 years left. It is like Rodgers and Love. I get it, also Penix was the best pure passer in this draft. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I don’t either 

17 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

What would you find out?

That was said about the current pass rushers. Which Ballard seems to agree

If it can’t sustain… I think that concern was just addressed. With a new and revered d-line coach and a high level pass rusher that will be on the field often from the start, this defensive line will bring pressure. If the back end improves (and it should just from an offseason growth standpoint, let alone any further additions from here) the defensive line could elevate big time from a pressure standpoint. 

Just now, Solid84 said:

The Cardinals taking Darius Robinson. I would've liked CB, IOL or DT here, but there's been a run on DEs, so I guess they felt they needed to get in on it.

I think they get the benefit of the inside/outside versatility with Robinson.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Many QBs drafted in the 1st round have had to ride the bench and back up a veteran before getting their own chance to run the offense - Philip Rivers definitely didn't like it but in the end, I think overall he was better for the experience.

Just now, Shive said:

I think they get the benefit of the inside/outside versatility with Robinson.

True. They are moving from 3-4 to 4-3 as well, so they really need to revamp almost all of that Dline.

Not too brag or anything but I told everyone in here that Penix should go in the top 10 in the draft. I had him in my mock going to the Giants at 6. People actually told me no way he goes top 10 and some laughed. I was like ok, watch and see. 

My original mock was:

1. Caleb Williams to the Bears

2. Jayden Daniels to the Commanders

3. Drake Maye to the Pats

4. Marvin Harrison Jr to the Cards

5. Malik Nabors to the Chargers (I was wrong there)

6. Michael Penix Jr to the Giants

7. Joe Alt to the Titans

8. Dallas Turner to the Falcons

-that was my top 8.

• Like 2