Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Draft Thread Day 1 (Final Discussions, Predictions, Rumors, etc…). ****NO SPOILERS****

this commentary from Bellichick is good stuff. 

when you play in a dome, and especially get ahead, that crowd noise with explosive players on defense is hard to block. No disrespect to the secondary but when a qb can’t get the ball out, you don’t have to cover for very long… 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Sell me on Worthy… I think he’s too small

I think we've seen that small WRs can be successful if they're used properly. He has a lot more technical refinement than he gets credit for and Steichen is an offensive mind that could make use of his explosiveness while minimizing the issues his size could present. I think he's way closer to TY than John Ross.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

The reality is folks, we’re not set long term in having a dominant Edge player. Ebukam is a solid stop gap, Dayo is a swing DE/DT, and Paye hasn’t played well enough for the Colts to pick up his 5th year.

With QB and LT sorted long term, it makes sense to now aim to get a top Edge rusher. There is still capital to improve our WR and CB rooms too.

By far, the best post of this thread so far.  Congratulations.

For the first time in 7 years, we appear to have the top three most important positions secured......and under rookie contracts.  That's the way you build an NFL team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is NFL Fan overhomer simpson episode 10 GIF the next 2 days lol.

I'm too much of an NFL fan to miss the draft! I did schedule something for Saturday afternoon; so, I will miss some picks then.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is NFL Fan overhomer simpson episode 10 GIF the next 2 days lol.

I'm too much of an NFL fan to miss the draft! I did schedule something for Saturday afternoon; so, I will miss some picks then.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Same here. I can live with it. I don't know how to feel right now because he wasn't on my radar either. 

Interested in knowing as I don’t follow college, was it because you didn’t think he was going to be available or you didn’t think he was healthy and would drop further in the draft 

1 minute ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

Interested in knowing as I don’t follow college, was it because you didn’t think he was going to be available or you didn’t think he was healthy and would drop further in the draft 

I expected us to take a WR or a Corner. Also because of his injury, I thought he may fall late 1st round. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

By far, the best post of this thread so far.  Congratulations.

For the first time in 7 years, we appear to have the top three most important positions secured......and under rookie contracts.  That's the way you build an NFL team.

Problem is there is a team in our division with all 3 spots secured with proven talent. We still have some question marks but it’s progress I guess

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Problem is there is a team in our division with all 3 spots secured with proven talent. We still have some question marks but it’s progress I guess

Which is why we are a few seasons behind them.  They had their LT for a while, and got immediate results from picks 2 and 3...QB and EDGE.  That's hard for any team to keep pace with.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

With the Raiders taking Bowers wonder if they would move Mayers.. send them a 4th!

I don't see them doing that. Mayers is an inline Y and Bowers is more of a big slot. They're really complimentary of eachother.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

I was going to say that I remember seeing Coach Ed post a picture with Latu and Turner, which told me he was working with them. Also works with Dayo and Paye.

Whelp, now I have to hope BTJ doesn't play well now..

• Like 2

Just now, NFLfan said:

Brian Thomas Jr. looks like Antonio Brown.

Yeah I haven’t been a fan of Thomas, thought he was more of a 2nd rounder than a 1st. I think the Jags reached for him. 

In the words of bill bellichick, no disrespect to the secondary, but if the qb can’t get the ball out, you don’t have to cover as long… 

Bring. the. heat. 

many on here said the pressure from the d-line wasn’t good enough in spite of a record breaking sack year… said it wouldn’t sustain without the pressure. Well, we will find out…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

In the words of bill bellichick, no disrespect to the secondary, but if the qb can’t get the ball out, you don’t have to cover as long… 

Bring. the. heat. 

many on here said the pressure from the d-line wasn’t good enough in spite of a record breaking sack year… said it wouldn’t sustain without the pressure. Well, we will find out…

What would you find out?

That was said about the current pass rushers. Which Ballard seems to agree

3 minutes ago, IndyEV said:

Latu doesnt look very big!? Doesnt look like he will Bull rush any OT!? Lets hope he’s not another edge that will overrun the qb by a mile every play!

He's 6'4" 260 lbs, so he's not small, but he's way more of a technical pass rusher than brute strength. He does well transitioning speed to power though, which is important.

• Like 1