Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

Matt Waldman recently did a pre-draft interview with private QB Coach Will Hewlett who trains Caleb Williams. Hewitt also continues to train Anthony Richardson and Brock Purdy.

They got on the subject of Richardson.  Hewlett said besides raw athleticism. he is one the smartest QB;s he has ever worked and his memory and recall is off the charts. He mentions the long seam pass against the Rams as an example of Richardson already picking up on pro -style defense alignments due to his preparation and recall. Hewlett quipped "There needs to be a way to bottle his DNA" Waldman who annually scouts offensive skill positions says Richardson is his favorite QB of the last 8-9 years behind Mahomes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

I have mentioned it before and I can definitely see it happening.  I don’t think creating that cap space was coincidental.  I think the perfect scenario for the Colts is to trade up for Dallas Turner tomorrow night and then Friday morning trade for Aiyuk.  Ballard finally drafts the edge rusher he has always wanted and then he brings in a young accomplished WR to give AR another weapon.

• Like 2

In my 2024 draft, I was able to get Rome Odunze and Byron Murphy in the 1st round and later in the draft I still got Xavier Legette and Cam Hart.  if Ballard can't do the same he's a complete failure.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I have mentioned it before and I can definitely see it happening.  I don’t think creating that cap space was coincidental.  I think the perfect scenario for the Colts is to trade up for Dallas Turner tomorrow night and then Friday morning trade for Aiyuk.  Ballard finally drafts the edge rusher he has always wanted and then he brings in a young accomplished WR to give AR another weapon.

How does he trade for Aiyuk and trade up to 9-ish at the same time?

4 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Dream scenario for us. I’m praying Ballard stays put or moves up. 

This is a bit believable because last year was one of the worst years for QB injuries derailing seasons. Any team that has their “guy” but is shaky at OT needs to be looking hard at this draft. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stitches said:

One day before the draft mock from me:

b61gQJ7.png

I like your draft!

I also anticipate Ballard trading back

I would substitute G/C Zach Frazier at 82. I see OL depth as a bigger need for a long season and Frazier could very well start if needed. At 83  I would Take Utah S Cole Bishop.

Cooper would be a fantastic pick. Your draft is very well thought in terms of talent on the board and team impact for the coming season. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

SF wants a 1st pick for Aiyuk. Only way I would do it pick 15 for Aiyuk and a 3rd or 4th this year to recoup a pick. 

Texas’ Murphy, Mitchell, Worthy look to be selected in first round of NFL Draft

Texas Longhorns players Byron Murphy II, Xavier Worthy and Adonai Mitchell seem to be the three Longhorns most likely to be selected on the opening night.

Murphy, a defensive tackle, has been projected in top 20 in multiple NFL mock drafts. NFL Network’s Bucky Brooks had Murphy at No. 8 going to the Falcons in his latest mock draft.

However, Brooks did not have Mitchell or fellow wide receiver Worthy going in the first round while ESPN’s NFL Nation did with Worthy going No. 28 to the Buffalo Bills and Mitchell going No. 32 to the Chiefs.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/texas-murphy-mitchell-worthy-look-183931065.html

I forgot about Murphy.  I could see Ballard taking him at 15.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

This is a bit believable because last year was one of the worst years for QB injuries derailing seasons. Any team that has their “guy” but is shaky at OT needs to be looking hard at this draft. 

Does make u think that maybe Ballard is  going to grab one at 15.

25 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Dream scenario for us. I’m praying Ballard stays put or moves up. 

My bold prediction... Joe Alt goes 5 to the Chargers... this triggers avalanche of OT picks and trade ups for OTs... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

My bold prediction... Joe Alt goes 5 to the Chargers... this triggers avalanche of OT picks and trade ups for OTs... 

Push WRs down and stopping Joe Alt to the Titans would be awesome.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

My bold prediction ?

Colts fans are going to be very unhappy after pick 15 tomorrow night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

My bold prediction ?

No matter what the pick is

• Like 1

Just now, PRnum1 said:

My bold prediction ?

Who do you think that is? 

Second bold prediction - we trade back with another team coming up for an OT... :D 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Said it before. Look where Harbaugh has coached. He is taking an interior player. I would be shocked it he took a skill  player at 5. He wants to dominate teams. Agreed on Alt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Who do you think that is? 

Second bold prediction - we trade back with another team coming up for an OT... :D 

I agree and we  are not going wr. Even though it is deep, once u get past Nabors and Harrison there are a lot of 2nd round talent. I am not sure he trades back as he could pick an OT at 15.

• Like 1

It will be of great interest to see how all this expected 1st round movement will shake out and  if the Colts decide to sit steady at #15.

CBS La Confora on Penix

"I don't mess with this sort of payout very often, but I would here. The media made more of the medicals than any team I spoke to about him. I very easily could see him going to the Vikings, Broncos, Raiders or Seahawks in the first half of the first round, and frankly at this point would be surprised if he didn't land there."

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

:facepalm:So now we're trading up for Turner AND trading for Aiyuk too. We don't have the draft capital to make both moves.

49 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I think people do forget that AR coming off injury. This could be like the Nelson year. They may go OT to make sure Richardson is protected.  This maybe their greatest need

26 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

It will be of great interest to see how all this expected 1st round movement will shake out and  if the Colts decide to sit steady at #15.

CBS La Confora on Penix

"I don't mess with this sort of payout very often, but I would here. The media made more of the medicals than any team I spoke to about him. I very easily could see him going to the Vikings, Broncos, Raiders or Seahawks in the first half of the first round, and frankly at this point would be surprised if he didn't land there."

There always seems to be QB hype come draft time.

• Like 1

Matt Waldman who was dead on with his analysis of Josh Downs last year, listed

Xavier Worthy as the 4th best WR in this class and a franchise level receiver. 

• He Notes that Worthy can be a small slot because of his toughness. 
  • He also lists Worthy as having elite caliber elusiveness. So he is not just fast, he can make people miss and is very adept at avoiding contact.
  • He lists Comps as Isaac Bruce & Desean Jackson.

"Worthy makes a lot of difficult catches. His tracking with his back to the ball is up there with Rome Odunze. His weight falls in the range of Isaac Bruce and DeSean Jackson and like those, his toughness at the catch point belies his size. He’s fearless and wins targets that bigger receivers lose at the boundary, over the middle, and against hard contact."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Would be a stupid move to move up for a corner considering there’s aren’t any sure fire shut down corners in this draft. There’s no one who’s as good as prospect as Sauce Gardner and Patrick Surtain were. 

this is how I feel. Devin Witherspoon last year felt like a sure thing top ten pick, and he had a great rookie year. I don’t feel that way about anyone this draft. Mitchell would be the one of anyone, in my opinion. And maybe that’s who we are reportedly calling around about trading up for. But it doesn’t feel the same as with the guys you mentioned and Witherspoon.

23 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Matt Waldman who was dead on with his analysis of Josh Downs last year, listed

Xavier Worthy as the 4th best WR in this class and a franchise level receiver. 

• He Notes that Worthy can be a small slot because of his toughness. 
  • He also lists Worthy as having elite caliber elusiveness. So he is not just fast, he can make people miss and is very adept at avoiding contact.
  • He lists Comps as Isaac Bruce & Desean Jackson.

"Worthy makes a lot of difficult catches. His tracking with his back to the ball is up there with Rome Odunze. His weight falls in the range of Isaac Bruce and DeSean Jackson and like those, his toughness at the catch point belies his size. He’s fearless and wins targets that bigger receivers lose at the boundary, over the middle, and against hard contact."

Agree with a lot of this... Sometimes I even wish he would be less physical and make a few more business decisions, like TY used to make. Because Worthy would regularly try to run over people or gain extra yards with the knowledge he will suffer a hard hit and he still does it. There are some very ugly reps where he gets thrown around by defenders like a ragdoll, because he didn't slide down or go out of bounds and I can't help but think... he should probably have spared himself that one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

this is how I feel. Devin Witherspoon last year felt like a sure thing top ten pick, and he had a great rookie year. I don’t feel that way about anyone this draft. Mitchell would be the one of anyone, in my opinion. And maybe that’s who we are reportedly calling around about trading up for. But it doesn’t feel the same as with the guys you mentioned and Witherspoon.

The thing that gets me.   Who is the person reporting that we are calling about trading up getting their information.  We know it isn't from the Colts front office

54 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think people do forget that AR coming off injury. This could be like the Nelson year. They may go OT to make sure Richardson is protected.  This maybe their greatest need

I'm pretty sure zero colts fans are forgetting AR got hurt.   The o line had nothing to do with his injury 

4 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I want a move to get a possible playmaker with the 1st pick. Balard trades down and I don't see a playmaker on the defensive side. 

What about  the offensive  side. If he doesn't  trade up we have to get a playmaker  on one of the sides.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Richardson  getting  hurt had nothing  to do with the oline though so that makes 0 sense

22 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The thing that gets me.   Who is the person reporting that we are calling about trading up getting their information.  We know it isn't from the Colts front office

I don’t know. 

Jim from the rehab center probably. 😂