Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

41 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yet he wasn’t a HoF QB in year two. Infact, for those of us old enough to remember, there were some calling Peyton a bust in 2001 when we went 3-13 and saying we should have gone Leaf…

No one was claiming we should have went Leaf after 98 either.  Before and just after the draft some people did.  But even in that 3-13 season,  it was clear Manning was much better than Leaf

It wouldn't shock me to see the Colts trade their 15th overall, a conditional 2025 pick, and Alec Pierce to the niners for their 31st selection overall and Aiyuk. 

I know Aiyuk wants an extension, but I think the Colts could do it. 

This is a pure guess and only contingent that the Colts could not find any trade partners to grab a wideout at 15.

I really don't care what Ballard's past has been or how he has operated in the past, but he needs to trade up to grab either Marvin, Nabors, or Rome. Being average is getting old, we need some excitement around here and need the weapons to compete against teams like KC, Baltimore when it counts, and even Houston. I would focus on putting the best offense possible around Richardson considering he is still under a learning curve going into year 2. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

It wouldn't shock me to see the Colts trade their 15th overall, a conditional 2025 pick, and Alec Pierce to the niners for their 31st selection overall and Aiyuk. 

This is a pure guess and only contingent that the Colts could not find any trade partners to grab a wideout at 15.

I’m thinking Aiyuk winds up with the Bills.  Allen needs veteran help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KB said:

I wonder what caused the big 3 to not grade so well on here

Might mean a lot of things, but IMO it's due to the volume of targets those top receivers get - meaning... others get targetted more when they are open, while those big time receivers get targetted all the time... both when they are open and when they are not... just my guess...  

IMO that graph is more useful to identify the extremes rather than to make any conclusions about the receivers in the middle... 

Extremes good - Jermaine Burton, Xavier Worthy, Ricky Pearsall, AD Mitchell...

Extreme bad - Keon Coleman, Brenden Rice... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

The majority of fans think if we trade up for a player it’s a WR.  It could also very well be for Dallas Turner.

I think that stat showed Turner is a guy Raheem Morris and the Falcons would want. They lack a pass rusher. If we move up to say 9-11 I think it’s for Nabers or Odunze. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, krunk said:

Same thing I've pointed out but you know how people are around draft time. They think everything needs to be replaced. Especially if the guys playing said position are low round draft picks or undrafted no matter how good a player they show to be.

Another guy who people are pretty dismissive of at safety is Daniel Scott.  I like his film and he's got all the measurables, awareness, ball take aways, speed, and just an excellent tackler.  If he doesnt get injured again I think people are going to see him on the field.  I don't care anything about where we drafted him.  In my estimation he is more than a special teams guy and Ballard has mentioned his name more than once. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

The majority of fans think if we trade up for a player it’s a WR.  It could also very well be for Dallas Turner.

That would be great.

Turner might be the best non-QB prospect in the draft. 

9 hours ago, Indeee said:

I don't  want to him

On 4/12/2024 at 10:23 AM, throwing BBZ said:

You have 10,500 posts but are worried how good a rookie is for what is likely a 3rd place team. Pure nonsense. There is no rush to develop our talent. 

If the rookie is great we may be a first place  team

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Where did you find this survey of colts fans?  If the Colts trade up I really doubt it's wr.  It's a deep wr draft.   Of course I'm usually wrong on what Ballard will do

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

No one was claiming we should have went Leaf after 98 either.  Before and just after the draft some people did.  But even in that 3-13 season,  it was clear Manning was much better than Leaf

Yep you’re right, I was thinking the 6-10 season. 

10 hours ago, Indeee said:

Not gonna happen 

3 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I know this probably the wrong place to ask - but what happened to the variety of reactions one could use?  I was out of the net for a bit, and likely missed the change.

That's not answered openly when asked, the understanding is that the other emojis are apparently used to troll users by constantly giving laugh emoji for their comments for example, and some users constantly reported that, made an issue of it. I guess the mods have had enough of bickering from both sides, so removing them probably make their life easy not having to hear about that at all. 

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't care what Ballard's past has been or how he has operated in the past, but he needs to trade up to grab either Marvin, Nabors, or Rome. Being average is getting old, we need some excitement around here and need the weapons to compete against teams like KC, Baltimore when it counts, and even Houston. I would focus on putting the best offense possible around Richardson considering he is still under a learning curve going into year 2. 

The closer it is to Draft Day, the more I want the Colts to give up whatever it takes to get MHJ. Hope that Irsay feels the same.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That's not answered openly when asked, the understanding is that the other emojis are apparently used to troll users by constantly giving laugh emoji for their comments for example, and some users constantly reported that, made an issue of it. I guess the mods have had enough of bickering from both sides, so removing them probably make their life easy not having to hear about that at all. 

Well that stinks.  Another example of not being able to have any fun.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

It was a great decision imo.  You could immediately see a change in the tone and quality of the comments and definitely less trolling and offensive bickering.  A big change for the better I would say.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 3:18 PM, krunk said:

I'm not sure over an 8 yr span if I've ever seen Ballard select a corner in RD 1. His corners are always Rd 2 or below that. I still maintain it will be an offensive player. And hopefully it's Bowers at 15 so we still have room to take a WR and CB between Rd 2 and 3. I haven't calculated what things look like if we trade up 5 spots. If it is defense at 15 I think it will likely be somebody who can push the pocket and edge rush. Especially since Q. Paye fifth year is uncertain.

If they want to two top pass rushers, they will have to move up. Turner will bw gone in the top 10. Verse will go soon after him.

11 hours ago, colts89 said:

The closer it is to Draft Day, the more I want the Colts to give up whatever it takes to get MHJ. Hope that Irsay feels the same.

U will have to go probably in the top 6. U would have to give a ton to move up for wr. No way, U give up that much draft capital for a wr. To man holes in this team.

32 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U will have to go probably in the top 6. U would have to give a ton to move up for wr. No way, U give up that much draft capital for a wr. To man holes in this team.

Yes you do only real holes are wr1 fs and cb and we have a cb and fs returning from injury.We honestly can get a play making cb later in the draft with our scheme. If we draft one of the big three our chances of winning  division  sky rocket

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Yes you do only real holes are wr1 fs and cb and we have a cb and fs returning from injury.We honestly can get a play making cb later in the draft with our scheme. If we draft one of the big three our chances of winning  division  sky rocket

It's easy to say a play making CB can be get later in the draft, but for that to happen, the draft selection has to be the right player who plays well in rookie year and doesn't get injured. That plan comes with all the risk associated with drafting, especially in rounds on draft days 2 or 3.

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

It's easy to say a play making CB can be get later in the draft, but for that to happen, the draft selection has to be the right player who plays well in rookie year and doesn't get injured. That plan comes with all the risk associated with drafting, especially in rounds on draft days 2 or 3.

One of our best cbs is un drafted. Injuries  are the key at any position. What I'd  like to see is a wr with tyreek hill like speed paired with Richardson  arm.That would be like a cheat code with him.

If the Colts are convinced they want to move up in the draft for a potential difference maker they should do it asap imo.  Just like when they traded back and took Nelson or knew they wanted Buckner and pulled the trigger on that trade before the draft.  That said I think the highest they would probably go is 8 or 9.  They must realize other teams will want to trade up.  Not just for quarterbacks either.  WR, ER, T, would be the main targets as well.  I would secure the pick now.  Picking inside the top 10 is going to secure an  🧨 playmaker.  Waiting can only jeopardize that goal and increase the price imo.  If the decision is when not if then do it before the pressure and stress ramp up.  I think they should do it this coming week.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 12:07 PM, richard pallo said:

Turner is locked and loaded to the Falcons at 8.

Unless the Colts want to trade up before 8 or trade with the Falcons 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He wants to play HERE. A man can dream yeah? 

• Like 3

On 4/13/2024 at 8:57 AM, jvan1973 said:

Any talk about going with Leaf ended in 99 when Manning lead the Colts to a 13-3 record and their first division title since 1987 and Ryan Leaf was bombing out of the NFL it became clear quickly Manning was special even if the team did regress in 2000 and 2001.   

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

If the Colts are convinced they want to move up in the draft for a potential difference maker they should do it asap imo.  Just like when they traded back and took Nelson or knew they wanted Buckner and pulled the trigger on that trade before the draft.  That said I think the highest they would probably go is 8 or 9.  They must realize other teams will want to trade up.  Not just for quarterbacks either.  WR, ER, T, would be the main targets as well.  I would secure the pick now.  Picking inside the top 10 is going to secure an  🧨 playmaker.  Waiting can only jeopardize that goal and increase the price imo.  If the decision is when not if then do it before the pressure and stress ramp up.  I think they should do it this coming week.

Tough to justify doing that until the early draft unfolds and they know the guy that they

want is still on the board at the targeted slot. 

Trade for (as an example) #9 pre-draft, watch the top-3 WRs go prior to that slot and 

you're left holding your you know what.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Turner is locked and loaded to the Falcons at 8.

Unless the Colts want to trade up before 8 or trade with the Falcons 

Hmmmm....  And you know that....how ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, indykmj said:

Tough to justify doing that until the early draft unfolds and they know the guy that they

want is still on the board at the targeted slot. 

Trade for (as an example) #9 pre-draft, watch the top-3 WRs go prior to that slot and 

you're left holding your you know what.

You wouldn’t do it early for one guy.  You’re not necessarily doing it for WR either although that could be the pick.  You’re doing it to secure a potentially elite playmaker that could help push the team to the top.  Since there is no consensus need on the team you pick the highest rated playmaker on your board.  That could be offense or defense.  With at least three quarterbacks going early moving up to 8 or 9 is going to get the Colts one of those players.  

4 hours ago, adubb84 said:

He wants to play HERE. A man can dream yeah? 

Screw it; let’s go all in and give whatever we gotta give to get him. The story writes itself. Don’t over think it ballard. He belongs here. Then In a few years let’s bring in arch manning and create the new colts dynasty lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trace Pyott said:

Screw it; let’s go all in and give whatever we gotta give to get him. The story writes itself. Don’t over think it ballard. He belongs here. Then In a few years let’s bring in arch manning and create the new colts dynasty lol. 

Name the last team to win the Superbowl with what u would call an elite receiver.

If that is what keeps Chris Ballard in the executive suite on 56th street for 4 more years, then I would move Heaven and Earth if I were him. Throw the principles aside for once. Bringing Peyton and company back to watch their buddies son play, paired with another good receiver across from him and a dynamic backfield, would be worth whatever picks it took... I doubt seriously it would happen, but it would be an insanely neat thing, and I have zero doubt that Jim Irsay would be opposed to it, as long as Chris, Shane, and the rest of the building were convicted in bringing MHJ here.

• Like 2