Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Rivals + Steelers Heartbreak (brought over from Colts news thread)

jvan1973

Just now, RollerColt said:

I hope it fails miserably for the Steelers, but I’m biased and evil like that. 

I hate the Steelers as well.   My hate rank all time. 

Patriots

Steelers 

Chargers

Any afc south team

1 minute ago, coltsfanej said:

Nice move by Steelers IMO. They got two QBs with possible upside and giving up diddly-squat 

What did they give up?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Patriots

Steelers 

Chargers

Any afc south team

What did they give up?  

I actually have them above the Patriots, but that’s due to my Cincinnati proximity. 

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Patriots

Steelers 

Chargers

Any afc south team

What did they give up?  

funions & a capri sun 

32 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Patriots

Steelers 

Chargers

Any afc south team

What did they give up?  

Youre not the first Colts fan to proclaim their hate for the Steelers.   2006CBE is another.   

I just don’t know why?   I always thought of them as a classy well run organization.  What am I not understanding from a Colts perspective?    

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Youre not the first Colts fan to proclaim their hate for the Steelers.   2006CBE is another.   

I just don’t know why?   I always thought of them as a classy well run organization.  What am I not understanding from a Colts perspective?    

@Nadineis another one.

To make it clear: I respect the hell out of the franchise. 

It’s the fact that some of the most heartbreaking losses in my lifetime between being a Colts and Bengals fan have come at the hands of Pittsburgh. And their fan base… is not very classy from my personal experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

@Nadineis another one.

It’s the fact that some of the most heartbreaking losses in my lifetime between being a Colts and Bengals fan have come at the hands of Pittsburgh. And their fan base… is not very classy from my personal experience. 

Perhaps my favorite Pittsburgh stat is this….   Isn’t it Noll, Cowher and Tomlin are the only Steeler HC’s for the last roughly 55 years?   I think that’s an unbelievable stat worthy of highest praise.  

• Like 6

11 hours ago, RollerColt said:

@Nadineis another one.

True story

I just want revenge for the 1995  AFC championship is all :dunno:

• Like 6

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

1995 AFCCG…. Nuff said

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, csmopar said:

1995 AFCCG…. Nuff said

Which game was that? Who was the head coach of the Colts then? Who was the QB? Anyone I may remember? I think I remember the Colts back to Ted Marchibroda and L. Infante (Lindy?). I became a fan of the NFL in the early 90s but I do not remember the Colts/Steelers game of 1995.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Which game was that? Who was the head coach of the Colts then? Who was the QB? Anyone I may remember? I think I remember the Colts back to Ted Marchibroda and L. Infante (Lindy?). I became a fan of the NFL in the early 90s but I do not remember the Colts/Steelers game of 1995.

Jim Harbaugh and Ted nearly had us in the Super Bowl. We lost a last minute heartbreaker to them…

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You can watch it on YouTube...It was a magical season, but the AFCCG was an all-time devastating loss for us seasoned Colts fan.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Jim Harbaugh and Ted nearly had us in the Super Bowl. We lost a last minute heartbreaker to them…

That was THE moment, the final pluck at my heart strings that made me a Colt Fan!!! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

This was the game that  started my colts fandom.  Too many bad memories with Steelers. From this game to the one where Nick Harper’s wife stabbed him in the leg and he got shoe stringed tackled by Big Ben.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Is that the year that Jim Harbaugh beat a Marty Schottenheimer coached team? If so, I remember it well. Like @2006Coltsbestever 's mom, I liked the QB. Lol. I was rooting for that QB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Surely you jest, sir.  I will never forget it.  I was an Army helicopter pilot.  We had flown from Honduras to Belize for a mission, OTW back to Honduras we landed near a small beach resort and went into their lounge to eat and watch that game.  I was the ONLY Colts fan in the vicinity.  Crushing loss, sad and quiet flight from there back to our base in Hondo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I have caught up on reading the latest posts. 

@NFLfan, Jim Harbaugh was the QB in 1995, Marchibroda was the Coach. We beat KC at KC who was the #1 seed that season to advance to the AFC Title Game. Steelers barely beat us in a game that we outplayed them but got screwed by the REFS bigtime.

@NewColtsFan - I hate the Steelers because in almost every big game when they were great, they got every borderline call. Vs the Cowboys in SB 13, Vs the Colts in the 1995 AFC Title Game, and SB 40 was so bad, it looked fixed for them to beat the Seahawks. That was the worse REF'd SB of all-time. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Yep. We were fire that year all the way until that last play. 

I remember that. That was upsetting. You guys upset the Chiefs, I think. I think I still remember the look on Schottenheimer's face. Wow, that was in 1995?? Time flies.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Surely you jest, sir.  I will never forget it.  I was an Army helicopter pilot.  We had flown from Honduras to Belize for a mission, OTW back to Honduras we landed near a small beach resort and went into their lounge to eat and watch that game.  I was the ONLY Colts fan in the vicinity.  Crushing loss, sad and quiet flight from there back to our base in Hondo.

Man… I know how the drive following a hard loss is from Indianapolis in the car. I can’t imagine it flying a helicopter back to base in a different country. What a story. 

• Thanks 1

One reason why I don't hate the Cowboys as much as many do in here is because I wanted them to beat the brakes off of the Steelers in 1995, and they won. I knew against the Cowboys, the game would be called fairly because it was the Cowboys. I also liked Emmitt Smith.

18 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

What a memory! I'm glad you experienced the joy from the 2006 Super Bowl win.

indianapolis-colts-owner-jim-irsay-hold-

Back to free agency 2024.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Crunked said:

Oh yes another Steeler heartbreak moment.....you guys are bringing me down LOL

Sorry.  Don't get down. You have a new year of football to look forward to.

Any free agents you want? Any positions you want to address before the draft?

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I remember that. That was upsetting. You guys upset the Chiefs, I think. I think I still remember the look on Schottenheimer's face. Wow, that was in 1995?? Time flies.

Sure was. To make matters worse for me personally?

I’ve been in person for each playoff loss the Colts and Bengals have suffered to the Steelers. 2015 was the final straw in Cincy. I no longer attend any Steelers playoff games lol…

• Like 1

You guys actually remember where you were in 1995 for the Colts Steelers AFC title game? The Packers got beat earlier that day 38-27 by the Cowboys. Us Packer fans were heartbroken cause we played Dallas tough.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What a memory! I'm glad you experienced the joy from the 2006 Super Bowl win.

indianapolis-colts-owner-jim-irsay-hold-

Back to free agency 2024.

After losing in 2003, 2004, and 2005 I felt like the Football Gods owed us in 2006. We were just too great to at least not win 1 SB. Had we not won a SB, all those wins that decade would've been for nothing. Winning that SB justified our greatness. I feel bad for teams like the Bills of the 90's, 4 straight AFC Championships but no Ring! People always remember them as the team that lost 4 SB's in a row.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After losing in 2003, 2004, and 2005 I felt like the Football Gods owed us in 2006. We were just too great to at least not win 1 SB. Had we not won a SB, all those wins that decade would've been for nothing. Winning that SB justified our greatness. I feel bad for teams like the Bills of the 90's, 4 straight AFC Championships but no Ring! People always remember them as the team that lost 4 SB's in a row.

I remember the Packers kept up with you guys in 2004 until the 2nd half then you guys pulled away. Remember the Manning vs Farve battle? 

• Like 2

How in the world did we get on that depressing 1995 AFC championship game?!?  Btw, I was 12 and watched it with both my brothers in the living room. When they called the Hail Mary incomplete we erupted and were yelling at the TV. My dad thought we were fighting and came in yelling at us and shut off the TV and sent us to our rooms. We were grounded and the Colts lost. It was a terrible moment of our childhood lol. We still poke at the old man for that here and there. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, that was an offensive battle. Fun game to watch. 

I was at the Packers Colts game in 2000 In Lambeau. The Packers won 26-24, we almost gagged a 19-0 halftime lead though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin said:

How in the world did we get on that depressing 1995 AFC championship game?!?  Btw, I was 12 and watched it with both my brothers in the living room. When they called the Hail Mary incomplete we erupted and were yelling at the TV. My dad thought we were fighting and came in yelling at us and shut off the TV and sent us to our rooms. We were grounded and the Colts lost. It was a terrible moment of our childhood lol. We still poke at the old man for that here and there. 

Trust me we felt your pain that day. My Packers lost to Dallas 38-27. We were the 1:00 game that day. You guys were the 4:30 game. I remember how we had lots of snow that year. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

You guys actually remember where you were in 1995 for the Colts Steelers AFC title game? The Packers got beat earlier that day 38-27 by the Cowboys. Us Packer fans were heartbroken cause we played Dallas tough.

Had a get together with family and friends 2 feet of snow the day or so before Cousin a packer fan and I had gone through the newspaper (actual paper) and found ticket packages to Super Bowl in hopes of Packers Colts 

very quiet night after that lose 

some things that anyone remembering the game

shoe string tackle 

missed INT

dropped Hail Mary

he stepped out of end zone 

hoping my memory is correct lol

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

...I was an Army helicopter pilot.  We had flown from Honduras to Belize for a mission...

I was deployed to Soto Cano a little before that time; in 1992 and again in 1993. I suspect you liked to park there sometimes?