Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I respect Destin because he always puts his name and reputation on the line. 

And to be clear I am not including Destin when I say twitter insiders.  Destin has proven himself to be above that.  I think he’s a legit and upcoming reporter trying to make his way in today’s world.  

• Like 6

The Colts must be wanting to cover their bases regarding Sneed’s knee issues that happened on and off last year.

Then the agent starts compromising once he realizes there are fewer teams in the fold but doesn’t want to completely make it team friendly because it’s Sneed’s first real big contract.

Based on Ballard’s history, Sneed’s knee issues he managed last year, that’s the most logical conclusion that’s probably dragging contract negotiations out.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

The Colts must be wanting to cover their bases regarding Sneed’s knee issues that happened on and off. Then the agent starts compromising once he realizes there are fewer teams in the fold but doesn’t want to completely make it team friendly because it’s Sneed’s first real big contract.

Based on Ballard’s history, Sneed’s knee issues he managed last year, that’s the most logical conclusion that’s probably dragging contract negotiations out.

I wonder if he has to come to Indy to pass a physical before it’s official.

Ha ha 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Thank you. For the sake of discussion please continue, even those that "should" have been Pro Bowlers. Franklin? There are some really good 3 down LB's. He fails at that. 

We're talking 7 years here.

Name another of Ballard's defense draft picks that were here, are here now, that was a big loss, would be a big loss. 

I wish us a Lotta luck with our next couple drafts. And that Pierce, Woods, Cross, Juju all become SB caliber contributors. And of course Anthony must become superb.

Right so even the guys that made the pro bowl dont count unless they are perfect.

Nelson doesnt count because hes just a guard.

Taylor doesnt count because hes just a RB. 

Ive heard all this before.

Seems to be A LOT of Holder hate today. I’d like to add to this Holder conversation by saying the guy is an absolute *, and I wish he’d go down to Miami already. It’s beyond obvious he hates Indianapolis, so he may as well just go. I’m sure nobody would miss him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lifetime Colt said:

IF the Colts want to speed things up with Sneed, they should leak conversations ongoing with Xavian Howard and Justin Simmons, bring Sneed back to reality of going nowhere.

Sneed will go somewhere else or he'll stay, either way he'll get paid well. 

26 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

These damn Texans are like roaches. You think they’re gone. Then?….SURPRISE! There’s 10 more to kill. 

“When pressed later he said the 2 other teams that had interest in trading for him were the Jets & the #Texans. Sounds like he chose Chicago”

The Texans might be really good next year. I'm still a little upset that we lost Danielle Hunter to them. Most Vikings fans are disappointed that we lost Hunter despite having signed Greenard.

Hopefully the Colts get the trade for Sneed done.

5 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Instead, they ended the Colts season…

yu knw minshew a career backup was leading the colts all season lol get real colts played w house money all season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2024 at 8:20 AM, MFT5 said:

lol why do yu think that 😂 it’s gonna be BTJr & AMitchell will be there 

because no way the chargers go into next season without upgrading their WR room.  Mocks had them going OL but now without Williams or Allen, herbert needs someone to throw the ball to.

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Sneed will go somewhere else or he'll stay, either way he'll get paid well. 

Maybe, or maybe he stays with KC, has some health issue crop up, and his value go's down after next season, with no contract at all when the tag expires.

Just now, smittywerb said:

because no way the chargers go into next season without upgrading their WR room.  Mocks had them going OL but now without Williams or Allen, herbert needs someone to throw the ball to.

yea they might pick 1/5 potential wrs the colts would want … there’s more WR options to pick bruh lol 

I don't usually agree with one person here, but I agree that getting players through the draft is what is most ideal. However, if a team has the means to acquire a top player especially at a position of need, then go do it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

I don't usually agree with one person here, but I agree that getting players through the draft is what is most ideal. However, if a team has the means to acquire a top player especially at a position of need, then go do it.

Proven that with Buckner.

• Like 1

Just now, Lifetime Colt said:

Maybe, or maybe he stays with KC, has some health issue crop up, and his value go's down after next season, with no contract at all when the tag expires.

I'd not wish injury on any player, but that's always a possibility. That's why players try to lock up next big contracts, and for Colts, there's no report suggesting Sneed's demands are too much for Colts. It was just speculative talk here, one scenario among many. Sneed camp will surely go back and forth, just like teams, they will eventually find middle ground. If not Colts, someone else. KC may sign him into a new contract to move cap around, if he stays. 

• Like 1

Just now, MFT5 said:

yea they might pick 1/5 potential wrs the colts would want … there’s more WR options to pick bruh lol 

hence why I said we may trade back.  Nabers, MHJ, Odunze, and BTJ will be gone by 15 most likely.  If our other highly rated prospects are gone then a trade back is more than likely.  I was high on BTJ and that’s why I’m bummed.  But I’m ok with trading back.  I’ve said in other threads I’d be ok with getting Arnold or bowers and grabbing someone like leggette if he’s there in the second so I’m not opposed to grabbing a WR later.  I’m not one of these “end of the world” posters.  Just really bummed that we had the chance to grab a certified dog at WR, if we were going to get him.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

agreed, there’s no one way to do it.  FA and the draft has to work hand in hand.  Doesn’t mean winning the FA trophy every year, but grabbing those proven elite players that can immediately fill a need is key. 

• Like 2

hence why I said we may trade back.  Nabers, MHJ, Odunze, and BTJ will be gone by 15 most likely.  If our other highly rated prospects are gone then a trade back is more than likely.  I was high on BTJ and that’s why I’m bummed.  But I’m ok with trading back.  I’ve said in other threads I’d be ok with getting Arnold or bowers and grabbing someone like leggette if he’s there in the second so I’m not opposed to grabbing a WR later.  I’m not one of these “end of the world” posters.  Just really bummed that we had the chance to grab a certified dog at WR, if we were going to get him.

Players slide every year.   No one knows who will be available at 15, except for the obvious 6 or 7

• Like 1

Ballard is correct wanting to build through the draft. However there are misses and have to use other means to fill those holes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

I think Brian Thomas Jr will be there at 15 if the Saints don't take him right before us. That's literally the only team I'm worried about.

• Like 2

agreed, there’s no one way to do it.  FA and the draft has to work hand in hand.  Doesn’t mean winning the FA trophy every year, but grabbing those proven elite players that can immediately fill a need is key. 

I'm not a fan of free agency. I prefer trading for players or drafting them. But if I have a lot of cap space, I would sign a top free agent here and there if my team is in a position to win.

• Like 2

if true, sure like the sound of the Colts retaining their 1st and 2nd picks , and surrendering a 3rd+ for Sneed.  Great opportunity to land  potentially 3 high talent level starters to the beginning of the AR era. Would inject the off season with a great deal of optimism.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I'm not a fan of free agency. I prefer trading for players or drafting them. But if I have a lot of cap space, I would sign a top free agent here and there if my team is in a position to win.

I prefer signing a few young mid-20s guys with upside and maybe one elite player to fill needs before the draft. Getting a veteran QB is also good IMO before the draft if you have a young QB. So if we get Sneed, I'll be happy with FA.

16 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

The reason it's taking this much time is because Colts PR are taking video series of signing Sneed and the negotiations involved.

It will be titled, "Need for Sneed". 

You Sir, win the internet today!

17 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

The reason it's taking this much time is because Colts PR are taking video series of signing Sneed and the negotiations involved.

It will be titled, "Need for Sneed". 

As the WWF wrestler Funaki would say, INDEED!

• Like 1

Ballard so far had been getting QBs from free agency only, between Luck and Richardson.

Free Agency will always have to be part of the strategy, great GMs find the right mix every year and when the time is right, they'd try to bring as much talent to go for a run. 

It just cannot be done through draft alone. Hitting right on many draft prospects is tough as well, and involves luck, timing, players' effort and good deal of not suffering injuries. 

• Like 1