Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 draft hot takes

Marshawn Kneeland will be the best EDGE rusher in the class.

Xavier Worthy is the next Tyreek Hill on the Chiefs at 32

Marvin Harrison Jr is NOT the first WR off the board

Brock Bowers makes it to the Colts pick at 15

6 QBs go in the first round

• Like 2

The Colts miss out on drafting Brock Bowers. 

Colts make a trade with the Browns for David Njoku sending our R3P82 to Cleveland for Njoku and their R6P208.  Njoku will cost the Browns 24M as a cap hit if he is still on the roster in 2026 but that would be erased if traded or cut prior.  

Colts trade back in R2 with the Bills for their R2P plus R3P99 and R6P198.

image.png

6 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Marshawn Kneeland will be the best EDGE rusher in the class.

Xavier Worthy is the next Tyreek Hill on the Chiefs at 32

Marvin Harrison Jr is NOT the first WR off the board

Brock Bowers makes it to the Colts pick at 15

6 QBs go in the first round

I hope Kneeland makes it to our second. I doubt it but still hopeful.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Penix Jr will be a better NFL QB than any other QB in this draft.   Caleb williams won't get a second contract with the team that drafts him. 

This definitely qualifies as a hot take.

• Like 2

More of a conspiracy than a hot take but Marvin Harrison Jr. is purposely avoiding testing and trying to drop down in the draft so that the Colts can trade up to him and he can go to his dads team

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zoltan said:

More of a conspiracy than a hot take but Marvin Harrison Jr. is purposely avoiding testing and trying to drop down in the draft so that the Colts can trade up to him and he can go to his dads team

I also wondered if this was a possibility.  With NIL deals we know these young athletes are getting paid and surely would make up what they would lose being draft later.  If your MPJ know the fanbase has been wanting MHJ which might be the reason MPJ hasn't signed a long-term deal.

8 hours ago, OhioColt said:

The Rams appear to have 12 draft picks.

See the Colts trading back in Round 1 with the Rams R1P19 and get LAR R3P83

They have needs at CB, edge rusher, receiver, o line and TE according to the google machine. The first three spots should have a good prospect available to draw them in.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:01 AM, stitches said:

My hot take is too hot for the forum's eyes right now. I will be mulling it over for a bit more before sharing.... 

Can't wait.

On 3/7/2024 at 1:06 PM, stitches said:

Brock Bowers is overrated and I think he's more like... a day 2 pick than a top 10-15 pick. :dunno:

4f52099fe83641bdcec23ba6fa5df88c.gif

That will take years to confirm. Any immediate ones like "Nabers is drafted before Marvin Harrison Jr."?