Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many games will AR miss in the 2024 season?

Myles

How many games will AR miss in the 2024 season?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will AR miss in the 2024 season?

These days, concussion protocol takes sometimes more than a week to clear the player to play. That, along with any extra niggles that happen even to pocket passers, you just gotta be prepared for the QB to miss a lower number of weeks, say 4. Very smart QBs tend to get lucky too, so Richardson needs to be smarter with those chance runs. 

I voted 4-8. After seeing the number of QBs hurt this season, and how careful they are with concussions (which I think AR might get one next season), and the way AR plays recklessly, I can see him missing 4-8 games next year. I hope we have a good backup QB and hope we sign a veteran like Jameis Winston or someone to that degree.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

What a terrible question, I don’t even want to consider missing any games next year.

Not a terrible question at all.  It is one that Ballard and other high ups in the Colts organization are asking themselves.  It has been raised in multiple threads on this forum, so I thought I would get an idea of how everyone feels.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Also just curious- how many QBs that started the season played all the games?

Has to be less than half the league, right?

Stroud missed 2 due to injury.

Levis missed 3 due to injury and only started in 9 games.

Lawrence missed 1.5 games due to injury, the half game was against Cincy.

-That is just in our division alone.

• Thanks 1

Going off the current results, I would estimate that the average is somewhere around 2-5 games missed.  That would tell me that we need a very good backup QB on the team.  The team will not win enough with AR to throw away 2-5 games and still make the playoffs.  I hope Minshew is willing to stay.

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

Going off the current results, I would estimate that the average is somewhere around 2-5 games missed.  That would tell me that we need a very good backup QB on the team.  The team will not win enough with AR to throw away 2-5 games and still make the playoffs.  I hope Minshew is willing to stay.

One season does not mean the same thing will happen next season.

52 minutes ago, runthepost said:

BO Nix is going round 1

I doubt it. Guys like him and Penix  will probably be round 3 guys.

44 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

But a team would be foolish to not be prepared.    Of course this is just a forum so we could all be wrong, but it seems the majority of people on here feel the odds are that AR will miss multiple games.  

• Like 1

If AR changes his playing style he should last the whole season.

On the injury that ended his season (designed run) he tried to deliver blows to the linebackers and run them over.  Those LB's then tackled him hard and threw him to the ground.

Perhaps on that designed run he should have simply run out of bounds.  If he had, he might have finished the game.

If he doesn't change his playing style, he might not last half the season.

So really it is up to AR how many games he plays.

Steichen needs to tell him to run out of bounds or slide.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I doubt it. Guys like him and Penix  will probably be round 3 guys.

There is no way either last to the third round.   Late first to middle of the second 

11 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

On the injury that ended his season (designed run) he tried to deliver blows to the linebackers and run them over.  Those LB's then tackled him hard and threw him to the ground.

Perhaps on that designed run he should have simply run out of bounds.  If he had, he might have finished the game.

Who was he trying to run over?    He had no chance making it to the sideline.   He could have slid I guess,  but not much opportunity to do that either

Its a terrible hypothetical question that no one knows the answer to. You can probably look at his history, body type, play style and make an educated guess that its likely he will miss some time. Heres hoping not though lol

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

There is no way either last to the third round.   Late first to middle of the second 

Come back to this after the draft. There are probably 3 for sure first rounders. Rarely do you see a QB go in the second. Levis was a a annomoly.  Once you get past top ten those teams most of the time don’t need a starter.

32 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Maybe  Ballard moves back and takes him late in the first or early in the second.

lol no. We are not taking a QB 

2 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

AR doesn’t need to change his playing style. 

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

lol no. We are not taking a QB 

AR doesn’t need to change his playing style. 

In your opinion 

In my opinion he needs to change by sliding and running out of bounds

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Maybe  Ballard moves back and takes him late in the first or early in the second.

What if we draft Nix and end up with a Trey Lance Brock Purdy situation ?

As long as the Colts are winning!

About a quarter of the voters said 0 games, huh? Only on a fanboys board. Given Steichen’s offense and picking a big target to run it, there is no way AR doesn’t miss time. Hopefully Steichen figures out a way to eliminate unnecessary hits by adjusting his offense or else both guys’ careers will be short.

48 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Come back to this after the draft. There are probably 3 for sure first rounders. Rarely do you see a QB go in the second. Levis was a a annomoly.  Once you get past top ten those teams most of the time don’t need a starter.

Kyle Trask

Jalen Hurts

Drew Lock

Deshone Kizer

Christian Hackenberg

Derek Carr

Jimmy G

Geno Smith.

That's just the last 10 years.  I've seen a lot of mocks having Nix go to the Rams in the first.   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Again,  when he was hurt,  explain how he could have ran oob or slid.  

I'm sorry but it says "video unavailable"

Can I go to youtube and search for something?

53 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

There's no chance we're drafting a QB day 1 or day 2 this season.

If Jayden Daniels were there with the 15th pick I would maybe consider it. Daniels could run Steichen's offense similar to how Hurts did. Richardson needs to show he can stay healthy before we know he's the guy longterm. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Who was he trying to run over?    He had no chance making it to the sideline.   He could have slid I guess,  but not much opportunity to do that either

I just watched it a couple of times.  Didn’t see him try to hit or run over any one.  Maybe my eyes are bad

• Thanks 1