Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CJ Stroud

King Colt

Hope you fellow Colts fans are watching what the Texans rookie QB is doing this year because there is a good chance his name is going to cause much grief in the future. At least Brady was not in the AFC South. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Hope you fellow Colts fans are watching what the Texans rookie QB is doing this year because there is a good chance his name is going to cause much grief in the future. At least Brady was not in the AFC South. 

lol it was a home game chill..AR still better

30 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Hopefully ar can stay healthy and take the next step as a passer .  Stroud right now looks elite and the best Qb in the draft by far .

Add to his skill package he is a man of integrity and a team man..  I wish his uninform was blue & white.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

You are dreaming not even close.

I Agree!!

Here's the real deal:

Stroud, Collins, Dell, Brown, and Schultz vs. AR, Pittman(Maybe), Downs, Pierce, and a TE trio of Meh.

Yea. Sorry Colt's fans it's not close. Texans are legit.

• Like 1

Couldn’t sake that was a beating today. They destroyed the Browns. I bet Carolina is just kicking themselves now for taking Bryce. That was going to be probably the stupidest trades of all time you had all summer to pick and you chose the wrong one. I bet Minshew would do a better job than him. 

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

As much grief as AR will cause them.  Resting starters has never been a smart move.  We know from experience.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

I Agree!!

Here's the real deal:

Stroud, Collins, Dell, Brown, and Schultz vs. AR, Pittman(Maybe), Downs, Pierce, and a TE trio of Meh.

Based on what?  This season?  The fact that AR was injured?  Don’t talk in nonsensical absolutes.  No reason for us to not think the Colts are a better team and would have won this division.  Colts have work to do but Houston isn’t world beaters.  We proved it twice already this year.  

• Like 3

Tbh I remember thinking back to the draft and if it would have come down to us picking between AR and Stroud I wanted us to go with Stroud. But I was fine with the AR pick once Stroud was off the board and it's not like I was banging the drum to trade up for him......if I was the Panthers fan base on the other hand I'd probably be just a little downbeat in particular if the rumours were true that it was the owner wanted Young and internally they wanted Stroud. And they gave up Moore and draft capital to be in that position.....I'd be gutted tbh! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

lol it was a home game chill..AR still better

AR is better than Stroud to what exactly? 

Im afraid Stroud is the real deal, and that he will only get better next season and going forward Texans will dominate the AFC South.

Anthony Richardson har shown flashes of his potential, but so far he´s been a bust. And yes, that's due to injury, but he needs to play to help us.

This Texans team could very well go through to the AFC Championship game, and honestly, their setup with a great young coach in DeMeco and a franchise QB in Stroud, a solid D# and lot's of cap space, they will be a huge factor in the AFC going forward.

Again, we honestly don't know what we have in AR.

What we do know, is that Stroud has just as many playoff wins as Ballard and the colts have since Ballard came to the colts.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves here. I wanted Stroud as much as any one on here did last year, but Richardson is the real deal anyways so it doesn't matter as long as both stay healthy there will be some epic battles between the 2 going forward. What outstanding stellar play did the texan make last week that prevented the 4 and one play from working????? I don't recall one, I saw a dropped pass by a WIDE OPEN Colt that would have been a first down and the drive would have continued. One other thing for comparison, people on here blab about the powerful Bengal team- you know Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Mixon, blah, blah, blah. Well in retrospect, the 3rd worst roster in the nfl(steelers) is in the same division as the Bengals and they have made the playoffs 3 times since Burrow entered the league to the bengals 2. Last nights game was more a testament to how bad the Browns are, with a qb signed off the street in November, than how good the texans are. Remember folks, we actually beat the browns, ravens, and steelers this past season, not bad with a back up qb for all 3 games. (yes, we did beat the browns, the refs suck).

• Like 1

CJ Stroud is the real deal, SO FAR, let's get the pom poms out. He is good but this prisoner in the moment crap needs to stop. Almost everyone does it. After last season, many in here said Trevor Lawrence was the real deal and the Jags would dominate the division for the next decade. How did that age. Everyone in here does realize we were 1 play away from beating them and IMO we played poorly, that was with Minshew at QB. Let's see how next season goes and give AR a chance for cry and out loud. If Stroud and Houston win the division next year and Stroud is clearly better than AR than I will buy into it. 

Anyone in here want to bet me on the Houston at Baltimore game? If Stroud is so great like a few in here are saying they should beat Baltimore then chuckling homer simpson GIF.

By the way we didn't pass on Stroud either, he was gone before we picked. 

There were people in here saying Levis was great after he played 1 game. That aged horribly. He had 1 great game, then the rest were either average or bad, and he missed the last 3 games due to injury. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ArmchairQB said:

Based on what?  This season?  The fact that AR was injured?  Don’t talk in nonsensical absolutes.  No reason for us to not think the Colts are a better team and would have won this division.  Colts have work to do but Houston isn’t world beaters.  We proved it twice already this year.  

Based on my eyes. I swear, it's like most of you can't see. 

From a skill position point, they are proving to be miles above us, other than possibly RB.

Nico Collins and Tank Dell are far superior to Pittman and Pierce. More dynamic. Playmakers.

If you argue that you are just a homer who really can't see the obvious and if you think that AR would've made Pittman and Pierce the equivalent of Collins and Dell, you are delusional.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

CJ Stroud is the real deal, SO FAR, let's get the pom poms out. He is good but this prisoner in the moment crap needs to stop. Almost everyone does it. After last season, many in here said Trevor Lawrence was the real deal and the Jags would dominate the division for the next decade. How did that age. Everyone in here does realize we were 1 play away from beating them and IMO we played poorly, that was with Minshew at QB. Let's see how next season goes and give AR a chance for cry and out loud. If Stroud and Houston win the division next year and Stroud is clearly better than AR than I will buy into it. 

Anyone in here want to bet me on the Houston at Baltimore game? If Stroud is so great like a few in here are saying they should beat Baltimore then chuckling homer simpson GIF.

By the way we didn't pass on Stroud either, he was gone before we picked. 

There were people in here saying Levis was great after he played 1 game. That aged horribly. He had 1 great game, then the rest were either average or bad, and he missed the last 3 games due to injury. 

the sky is falling can’t you see? 

Anyone in here want to bet me on the Houston at Baltimore game? If Stroud is so great like a few in here are saying they should beat Baltimore then 

That is not fair. You can't expect a rookie to beat the Ravens to show that he is good. Stroud has already shown what he can do. What bothers me is that fans can't appreciate one player without putting down another. (I am referring to those putting down AR.)

I think both Stroud and AR will have successful careers and win a lot of games for their teams. The AFC South is looking good! Trevor is an excellent QB in his own right. Levis may be good too but I have not seen enough to say. Levis is already 24, right?

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

So, then, give him some time to show what the Colts have in him.

Stroud has had a good rookie season but I am not ready to crown him as being great for a long period of years. I have seen many QBs have 1 or even 2 good or great years, then fall off. Why some in here don't even want to give AR a chance, tells me 1 thing, that is the poster didn't want to us to draft him.  

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is not fair. You can't expect a rookie to beat the Ravens to show that he is good. Stroud has already shown what he can do. What bothers me is that fans can't appreciate one player without putting down another. (I am referring to those putting down AR.)

I think both Stroud and AR will have successful careers and win a lot of games for their teams. The AFC South is looking good! Trevor is an excellent QB in his own right. Levis may be good too but I have not seen enough to say. Levis is already 24, right?

The people that didn't want AR would say the same thing. Let's see him beat a real team. Trevor and Stroud both are good, but people need to quit the AR hate is my point.

17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It really isn't fair but I hope you understand my point. Stroud should win rookie of the year imo.

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The people that didn't want AR would say the same thing. Let's see him beat a real team. Trevor and Stroud both are good, but people need to quit the AR hate is my point.

But he has beaten a real team. The Browns were the fifth-seeded team and had been playing really well, especially on defense. Most thought the Browns would win because they thought the Browns' highly rated defense would stop a rookie QB.

Stroud has shown more than enough. Had he lost yesterday, it would not have diminished how well he has played this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why some in here don't even want to give AR a chance, tells me 1 thing, that is the poster didn't want us to draft him.

I agree.

taters GIF

(You know what I mean)

Remember, C.J. Stroud lost to Bryce Young and the Panthers earlier in the season. He will have good games and bad. Yesterday was impressive, and he made a case for OROY. I think Stroud can do well in the Divisional round but the game could be closer. Not every one will be a shootout. 

3 hours ago, Two_pound said:

I think you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves here. I wanted Stroud as much as any one on here did last year, but Richardson is the real deal anyways so it doesn't matter as long as both stay healthy there will be some epic battles between the 2 going forward. What outstanding stellar play did the texan make last week that prevented the 4 and one play from working????? I don't recall one, I saw a dropped pass by a WIDE OPEN Colt that would have been a first down and the drive would have continued. One other thing for comparison, people on here blab about the powerful Bengal team- you know Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Mixon, blah, blah, blah. Well in retrospect, the 3rd worst roster in the nfl(steelers) is in the same division as the Bengals and they have made the playoffs 3 times since Burrow entered the league to the bengals 2. Last nights game was more a testament to how bad the Browns are, with a qb signed off the street in November, than how good the texans are. Remember folks, we actually beat the browns, ravens, and steelers this past season, not bad with a back up qb for all 3 games. (yes, we did beat the browns, the refs suck).

Um…the Texans made several stellar plays throughout that game, actually, which is why the Colts needed to make the 4th and 1 (and to score, too) in the first place. We can nitpick plays and play what if, but Stroud and the Texans did what had to all game to win. 
 And let’s not be revisionist about this Browns team. Most thought the Texans stood no chance against Flacco Reborn and the number one vaunted Browns defense. But now that we made them look silly, they’re bad all of a sudden? Nah. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

But he has beaten a real team. The Browns were the fifth-seeded team and had been playing really well, especially on defense. Most thought the Browns would win because they thought the Browns' highly rated defense would stop a rookie QB.

Stroud has shown more than enough. Had he lost yesterday, it would not have diminished how well he has played this year.

This. No one thought the Texans could pull it off, that the Browns were going to demolish us again. So much for that. Stroud is the OROY and has played damn good throughout the year. His poise and maturity is enough for me to believe he will continue to get better going forward and not randomly fall off a cliff like some people seem to think. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

This. No one thought the Texans could pull it off, that the Browns were going to demolish us again. So much for that. Stroud is the OROY and has played damn good throughout the year. His poise and maturity is enough for me to believe he will continue to get better going forward and not randomly fall off a cliff like some people seem to think. 

congrats on the win and finding your QB. Don’t mind all the Colts fans who are losing their minds. I for one want the AFC South to be successful, iron sharpens iron, and I’m sick of the rest of the league calling our division trash. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, King Colt said:

You love posting about the Texans here dont you?  Clearly you are a fan of that team, might as well post it on their forum instead

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

congrats on the win and finding your QB. Don’t mind all the Colts fans who are losing their minds. I for one want the AFC South to be successful, iron sharpens iron, and I’m sick of the rest of the league calling our division trash. 

Thanks! And you’re right, iron sharpens iron. Playing against good, familiar competition multiple times a year can help make a team better. Like the days of the Steelers/Ravens/Bengals during the Roethlisberger and Reed years….

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Indeee said:

I Agree!!

Here's the real deal:

If they were that legit they wouldn't have barely beat the colts with miss-shew at QB.

56 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Um…the Texans made several stellar plays throughout that game, actually, which is why the Colts needed to make the 4th and 1 (and to score, too) in the first place. We can nitpick plays and play what if, but Stroud and the Texans did what had to all game to win. 
 And let’s not be revisionist about this Browns team. Most thought the Texans stood no chance against Flacco Reborn and the number one vaunted Browns defense. But now that we made them look silly, they’re bad all of a sudden? Nah. 

You should smile or laugh at the criticism. There is a reason people are talking about Stroud. It isn't because he is not a good player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

If AR turns out to be good, just wait and see how many people post stuff like, he hasn't accomplished anything until he wins in the Divisional Round. That is what I meant by beating a real team. People said that about Luck in his 1st 2 years = 2012 and 2013. Then when Luck beat the Broncos in the Divisional Round, there were some in here making excuses for the Broncos to why they lost, and they were even favored with Peyton and Von Miller both playing. Browns are a good team, but they aren't the Ravens. Luck got bashed in here by the same 10 posters over and over because he couldn't beat the Patriots. Which is mindboggling, wow losing to the greatest QB and arguably the greatest Coach of all-time is not acceptable (sarcasm).

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You should smile or laugh at the criticism. There is a reason people are talking about Stroud. It isn't because he is not a good player.

Who is criticizing Stroud? Everyone in here is saying he is real deal. I said he was good and deserves Rookie of the Year, but I am not ready to say the guy is going to dominate the division for the next decade.

If AR turns out to be good, just wait and see how many people post stuff like, he hasn't accomplished anything until he wins in the Divisional Round.

Those who speak that way may never be satisfied. Instead of imagining what great things AR can potentially do, they try to find why he will not be successful. They look for what other teams' players are better. It is hard to help people like that.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who is criticizing Stroud? Everyone in here is saying he is real deal. I said he was good and deserves Rookie of the Year, but I am not ready to say the guy is going to dominate the division for the next decade.

I was not referring to you. He quoted someone else.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It’s a losing battle friend. It was a slobber fest yesterday in the Super Wild Card Weekend Games Thread. Plenty of folks putting down AR while crowning  CJ as the next coming of Christ. I for one think CJ can ball. I also feel we got a guy with AR. Both things can be true. 

The crux of the conversation however is that folks don’t like to rely on hope. Hope isn’t tangible. Hope isn’t NOW. It only gets exacerbated by the fact people have doubt in Ballard to get us where we need to go after 7 years and an oft injured QB (so far) People are itching for success. 

All these conversations and a dedicated thread to CJ (while pushing down AR) are a reflection being unsure about our own team. 

Silver lining is that this should add some fuel for Ballard and especially AR to do some serious cooking for improvement to not let the Texans or the Jags to run away with the division. The competition will be no joke. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Indeee said:

Based on my eyes. I swear, it's like most of you can't see. 

From a skill position point, they are proving to be miles above us, other than possibly RB.

Nico Collins and Tank Dell are far superior to Pittman and Pierce. More dynamic. Playmakers.

If you argue that you are just a homer who really can't see the obvious and if you think that AR would've made Pittman and Pierce the equivalent of Collins and Dell, you are delusional.

the thing is a elite QB makes wrs look way better and the whole team way better then they are .   its almost the same team that won two games last year .  they added tank dell and a average tight end from the cowboys .  its mostly cj that makes the team look great when cj was out against the browns the browns beat the brakes off them . 

it was the same thing with the colts the same roster that went 14-2 and went to the super bowl went 2-14 without manning .   the colts went 9-8  with horrible QB play and having two rookies at corner and taylor missing so many games .   put cj stroud on the colts this year i think we have 12 wins , this tells me the colts roster is better than the texans .

• Like 1

its weird how some  fans here  act like stroud still has something to prove even though he is the offensive rookie of the year and dominated a good team in the playoffs .    these same fans think after two and a half games richardson is proven to be great when he only averaged 220 yards passing a game and 1 passing touchdown a game .     richardson showed huge flashes in the rams game but you cant crown someone over flashes .  justin fields showed huge flashes in all three seasons but still isnt proven and cant win games .  richardson is 0-2 in the only games he started and finished i need to see more before i crown him anything .   i have faith because he seems like he loves the game and wants to get better and shows flashes .  richardson still needs to improve his accuracy by a lot he over throws  wide open wrs which was his same problem in college .

44 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

its weird how some  fans here  act like stroud still has something to prove even though he is the offensive rookie of the year and dominated a good team in the playoffs .    these same fans think after two and a half games richardson is proven to be great when he only averaged 220 yards passing a game and 1 passing touchdown a game .     richardson showed huge flashes in the rams game but you cant crown someone over flashes .  justin fields showed huge flashes in all three seasons but still isnt proven and cant win games .  richardson is 0-2 in the only games he started and finished i need to see more before i crown him anything .   i have faith because he seems like he loves the game and wants to get better and shows flashes .  richardson still needs to improve his accuracy by a lot he over throws  wide open wrs which was his same problem in college .

I don't think that is what is happening. Those who dislike AR are overly critical of the pick and of AR.  So, those who support AR are being equally as defensive of what they support. Some are saying, "Wait, it is only a small sample size."

You're basically doing the same thing. You are using limited information on AR to say that others are off the wall for supporting him. Can't folks appreciate both players?

As an outsider, I can appreciate both. I would love both to be Vikings QBs.

• Like 3