Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CJ Stroud


King Colt

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

its weird how some  fans here  act like stroud still has something to prove even though he is the offensive rookie of the year and dominated a good team in the playoffs .    these same fans think after two and a half games richardson is proven to be great when he only averaged 220 yards passing a game and 1 passing touchdown a game .     richardson showed huge flashes in the rams game but you cant crown someone over flashes .  justin fields showed huge flashes in all three seasons but still isnt proven and cant win games .  richardson is 0-2 in the only games he started and finished i need to see more before i crown him anything .   i have faith because he seems like he loves the game and wants to get better and shows flashes .  richardson still needs to improve his accuracy by a lot he over throws  wide open wrs which was his same problem in college .

Its Colts bias. Blue colored glasses whatever you want to call it. Not saying its a bad thing but many peoples views of the league are skewed by their fandom and devotion to one team. Happens in all sports and I dont think anyone is totally immune to it.

 

Colts fans are having a hard time admitting that Stroud is an assassin and is probably going to be  good for a really long time. Really only because we hate the Texans and want them to be terrible forever lol.

 

I think anyone with a completely neutral outlook on the situation at this point in time would say Stroud looks like the best QB pick since Burrow A+, Young looks like a huge bust D- and AR has an incomplete grade because he played in 4 games and only finished 2 of them, nobody has any idea lol.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I don't think that is what is happening. Those who dislike AR are overly critical of the pick and of AR.  So, those who support AR are being equally as defensive of what they support. Some are saying, "Wait, it is only a small sample size."

 

You're basically doing the same thing. You are using limited information on AR to say that others are off the wall for supporting him. Can't folks appreciate both players?

 

As an outsider, I can appreciate both. I would love both to be Vikings QBs.

i think i have a balanced take i never said AR is bad or will be bad .   my take has always been AR has shown flashes of being good and flashes of being a raw passer .   he needs time to develop but i wont crown him as the next great QB until i see more of him . now with stroud i think he has proven he  is a good QB .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

CJ Stroud is the real deal, SO FAR, let's get the pom poms out. He is good but this prisoner in the moment crap needs to stop. Almost everyone does it. After last season, many in here said Trevor Lawrence was the real deal and the Jags would dominate the division for the next decade. How did that age. Everyone in here does realize we were 1 play away from beating them and IMO we played poorly, that was with Minshew at QB. Let's see how next season goes and give AR a chance for cry and out loud. If Stroud and Houston win the division next year and Stroud is clearly better than AR than I will buy into it. 

 

Anyone in here want to bet me on the Houston at Baltimore game? If Stroud is so great like a few in here are saying they should beat Baltimore then chuckling homer simpson GIF.

 

By the way we didn't pass on Stroud either, he was gone before we picked. 

 

There were people in here saying Levis was great after he played 1 game. That aged horribly. He had 1 great game, then the rest were either average or bad, and he missed the last 3 games due to injury. 

You nailed it here! It’s annoying

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Indeee said:

Based on my eyes. I swear, it's like most of you can't see. 

 

From a skill position point, they are proving to be miles above us, other than possibly RB.

 

Nico Collins and Tank Dell are far superior to Pittman and Pierce. More dynamic. Playmakers.

 

If you argue that you are just a homer who really can't see the obvious and if you think that AR would've made Pittman and Pierce the equivalent of Collins and Dell, you are delusional.

 

 

 

 

Well then with your eyes you can surely see that it matters who is throwing the ball.  Nico Collin’s has been on the Texans for 3 years and most thought he was a bust until this year.  The quarterback matters!  Anyone could see this!  
 

As was said earlier it seems a bunch here are prone to panic based on recency biases.  Do you know what Strouds numbers were if you take away 1 outstanding game this season?  3800 yards, 18 TD’s and 5 INT’s with losses to both the Panthers and Jets.  Not world beating numbers.  
 

AR accounted for 7 TD’s in 10 quarters. No reason to not be hopeful.  I bet you thought Carson Wentz was a world beater too when he had similar numbers to Stroud his rookie year and the Eagles were winning?  How did that turn out?  
 

So go gaslight somewhere else with this nonsense.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

 

I don't think that is what is happening. Those who dislike AR are overly critical of the pick and of AR.  So, those who support AR are being equally as defensive of what they support. Some are saying, "Wait, it is only a small sample size."

 

You're basically doing the same thing. You are using limited information on AR to say that others are off the wall for supporting him. Can't folks appreciate both players?

 

As an outsider, I can appreciate both. I would love both to be Vikings QBs.

I'm a supporter of AR. However, through a year, Stroud has won the division, made the playoffs, and won a playoff game already. There's a great chance he'll win rookie of the year (if Puka doesn't win it). The people who dislike AR have a lot of ammo to go off of right now. The AR defenders can only defend him off of a small sample size and hope. Right now, through one year, Stroud is better unfortunately, and he is in our division. That is a fact. AR looks good, but it's all hope at this moment. I'm hoping he is our franchise QB, but there is no definite evidence this is the case yet. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i think i have a balanced take i never said AR is bad or will be bad .   my take has always been AR has shown flashes of being good and flashes of being a raw passer .   he needs time to develop but i wont crown him as the next great QB until i see more of him . now with stroud i think he has proven he  is a good QB .

 

That is balanced. Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

CJ Stroud is the real deal, SO FAR, let's get the pom poms out. He is good but this prisoner in the moment crap needs to stop. Almost everyone does it. After last season, many in here said Trevor Lawrence was the real deal and the Jags would dominate the division for the next decade. How did that age. Everyone in here does realize we were 1 play away from beating them and IMO we played poorly, that was with Minshew at QB. Let's see how next season goes and give AR a chance for cry and out loud. If Stroud and Houston win the division next year and Stroud is clearly better than AR than I will buy into it. 

 

Anyone in here want to bet me on the Houston at Baltimore game? If Stroud is so great like a few in here are saying they should beat Baltimore then chuckling homer simpson GIF.

 

By the way we didn't pass on Stroud either, he was gone before we picked. 

 

There were people in here saying Levis was great after he played 1 game. That aged horribly. He had 1 great game, then the rest were either average or bad, and he missed the last 3 games due to injury. 

I agree with most of this except the Lawrence thing. The Jags were 8-4, well on their way to winning the division easily, Lawrence was a top 10 QB in the league then he got injured, injured again and again. Then the defense imploded as well. Things like this happen. Doesn't automatically mean Lawrence is not good and they are not a good team. I think its safe to say Stroud and Lawrence are both good and AR is unknown at this point in time. The AFC South is not a cake walk anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

Well then with your eyes you can surely see that it matters who is throwing the ball.  Nico Collin’s has been on the Texans for 3 years and most thought he was a bust until this year.  The quarterback matters!  Anyone could see this!  
 

As was said earlier it seems a bunch here are prone to panic based on recency biases.  Do you know what Strouds numbers were if you take away 1 outstanding game this season?  3800 yards, 18 TD’s and 5 INT’s with losses to both the Panthers and Jets.  Not world beating numbers.  
 

AR accounted for 7 TD’s in 10 quarters. No reason to not be hopeful.  I bet you thought Carson Wentz was a world beater too when he had similar numbers to Stroud his rookie year and the Eagles were winning?  How did that turn out?  
 

So go gaslight somewhere else with this nonsense.  

Again... It is you who is not seeing, nor are you listening either. 

 

I gave you both lineups from a skill position view.

 

If you believe that Richardson will elevate Pittman (if he is here), Pierce, Downs, and whatever TE we currently have that we throw out there, to a dynamic playmaking position that Collins, Dell, and Schultz currently possess, you are the nonsense here.

 

There is no secret here that I cannot stand our WR's. Downs might be okay but as far as I'm concerned Pittman can walk and Pierce flat out sucks. 

 

I have hated the WR picks from Ballard as well as his FA signings. <<Again this is no secret. 

 

Stroud is very good, but I can't stand watching the league hit on these WR's like Dell and Puca and we keep drafting Smells and Puke-A... 

 

And Collins? He is a WR1. Dude has speed and route running. Dynamic Playmaker. Last I looked every QB here since Pittman arrived is better than Davis Mills and Pittman has NEVER been the playmaker Collins has been this year. So, you're whole Collins has been there 3 years bull doesn't jibe. 

 

The entire wideout room, sans Downs, needs to be overhauled majorly.

 

Who would you rather have? Pittman or Tee Higgins?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I'm a supporter of AR. However, through a year, Stroud has won the division, made the playoffs, and won a playoff game already. There's a great chance he'll win rookie of the year (if Puka doesn't win it). The people who dislike AR have a lot of ammo to go off of right now. The AR defenders can only defend him off of a small sample size and hope. Right now, through one year, Stroud is better unfortunately, and he is in our division. That is a fact. AR looks good, but it's all hope at this moment. I'm hoping he is our franchise QB, but there is no definite evidence this is the case yet. 

 

But liking Stroud and liking AR are not mutually exclusive. Both can do well.

 

What is most annoying is that the Colts did not have a chance to select Stroud. If these were Panthers fans criticizing their front office after seeing how well Stroud has played, that would be understandable, as the Panthers had the chance to select Stroud. The Colts did not.

 

Btw, hindsight is 20/20. Many here were down on Stroud after he failed that S2 Cognitive Test. People took him off their board. That test is clearly flawed because Stroud has shown that he has the cognitive skills to react/respond well to visual stimuli. That is what that test was supposed to show.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

But liking Stroud and liking AR are not mutually exclusive. Both can do well.

 

What is most annoying is that the Colts did not have a chance to select Stroud. If these were Panthers fans criticizing their front office after seeing how well Stroud has played, that would be understandable, as the Panthers had the chance to select Stroud. The Colts did not.

 

Btw, hindsight is 20/20. Many here were down on Stroud after he failed that S2 Cognitive Test. People took him off their board. That test is clearly flawed because Stroud has shown that he has the cognitive skills to react/respond well to visual stimuli. That is what that test was supposed to show.

Whats most annoying is anyone acting like they know what AR is or what he is going to be when that is simply impossible. Nobody, even the best pro scouts can foresee what he will become off of 12 quarters at the NFL level and 13 games in college.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Whats most annoying is anyone acting like they know what AR is or what he is going to be when that is simply impossible. Nobody, even the best pro scouts can foresee what he will become off of 12 quarters at the NFL level and 13 games in college.

 

Well, then, I guess you are saying that talking about any prospect is ludicrous as it is simply impossible to know who they are or what they are going to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NFLfan said:

 

Well, then, I guess you are saying that talking about any prospect is ludicrous as it is simply impossible to know who they are or what they are going to be.

When it comes to QB pretty much yes. There are far more busts for 1st round Qb's then hits. By a mile. Nobody knows until the NFL film and proof is present. The scouts do their best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

When it comes to QB pretty much yes. There are far more busts for 1st round Qb's then hits. By a mile. Nobody knows until the NFL film and proof is present. The scouts do their best.

 

That is the case with any player. It is hit or miss but they need time to know. 

 

How many thought Puka Nacua would be an All Pro in his first year? How many people thought Purdy would be any good? A few years ago I asked a Vikings fan who is an Iowa St fan what he thought of the Vikes drafting Purdy in the 5th, 6th or 7th round. He told me he would not be more than a practice squad guy. Btw, he liked Purdy a lot but not as an NFL QB. Heck, how many fans have been down on Lamar Jackson, calling him a "running QB". SMH

 

AR is only 21. Give him time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NFLfan said:

 

That is the case with any player. It is hit or miss but they need time. How many thought Puka Nacua would be an All Pro in his first year? How many people thought Purdy would be any good? A few years ago I asked a Vikings fan who is an Iowa St fan what he thought of the Vikes drafting Purdy in the 5th, 6th or 7th round. He told me he would not be more than a practice squad guy. Btw, he liked Purdy a lot but not as an NFL QB. Heck, how many fans have been down on Lamar Jackson, calling him a "running QB". SMH

 

AR is only 21. Give him time.

Lol give him time is exactly what I am saying. We dont know what he is. He needs NFL snaps. I think we are arguing the same thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

Lol give him time is exactly what I am saying. We dont know what he is. He needs NFL snaps. I think we are arguing the same thing.

 

Okay. I guess I should re-read your posts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Whats most annoying is anyone acting like they know what AR is or what he is going to be when that is simply impossible. Nobody, even the best pro scouts can foresee what he will become off of 12 quarters at the NFL level and 13 games in college.

 

 AR ran the hurry up offense in the first quarter of game one.

What I can know is that he is highly intelligent.

He was accurate with good touch in short range, when many said he wasn't and would struggle to ever be.

He hit guys downfield in tight widows, leading the NFL in explosive plays.

We know he can throw the ball with enough speed to attack any place Steichen dials up.

This injury hasn't set him back at all. He will be so much more in tune with how we attack defenses, and respecting the speed of our opponents.

 Will he ever be as good as Stroud is already? It's going to take that to beat them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

So, then, give him some time to show what the Colts have in him.

Of course he needs time to show the colts and us fans, what he can do for the Colts.

 

And hopefully he can bounce back next season and show us what he's capable of in 17 games.

 

But again, so far, he's been a bust, which is due to injury. 

 

Regarding my high praise for CJ Stroud, I just think he looks different and that he is the real deal.

 

Jennifer Lawrence from the Jaguars looked very good last season, and when they were 8-3 he looked both better and more more mature than last season. Then he got injured and the jags fell of the cliff.

 

CJ Stroud and the Texans are just on another level.

 

1. They have a franchise QB, that in his first playoff game played like a veteran. (Reminded me of Andrew Luck, when we had him)

2. They have a very talented HC in DeMeco Ryans and a very promising OC in Bob Slowik, which are the perfect match for CJ Stroud.

3. They have $71 million dollars in cap space, (2nd most in the NFL in 2024) so they can attract some of the best free agents and things off the field just seems to be in order.

4. Overall, this Texans team, coaching staff, Roster and setup just click in so many ways, that it's hard for me to say that the colts are right up there with them.

 

Im deff not a Texans fan, but sometimes you just have to respect and realize that other teams are better and ahead of us.

 

Next season can of course look very different, and it prob will be, but as of right now... the Texans are clearly ahead of the colts, and that's mainly due to the fact the we honestly don't know what we have in Anthony Richardson.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

 AR ran the hurry up offense in the first quarter of game one.

What I can know is that he is highly intelligent.

He was accurate with good touch in short range, when many said he wasn't and would struggle to ever be.

He hit guys downfield in tight widows, leading the NFL in explosive plays.

We know he can throw the ball with enough speed to attack any place Steichen dials up.

This injury hasn't set him back at all. He will be so much more in tune with how we attack defenses, and respecting the speed of our opponents.

 Will he ever be as good as Stroud is already? It's going to take that to beat them.

 

Sure, but doing it for 12 quarters doesn't mean jack. Will those things translate to a good NFL QB once there is 5+ games of film on the guy? Dont think anyone can say for sure. Zack Wilson looked good his first 4 games as well. Jordan Love looked like a high school QB in his first couple of starts. Those two situations turned on a dime. Its a complete crap shoot. 

 

Also for the record I am a Colts fan I want AR to be good. I just try to have a neutral unbiased opinion at all times, and believe its beyond silly to put AR anywhere besides the unknown category right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

 

 

Anyone in here want to bet me on the Houston at Baltimore game? If Stroud is so great like a few in here are saying they should beat Baltimore then.

Im tempted to make a bet with you on that game, if thats the next game for the texans.

 

I do live in Denmark though, so not sure how we can make a bet.

 

But let's say we did make a bet.

 

Then I would give you Baltimore with a 2,5 lead, so the texans should win with 3 point or more. 

Baltimore and lamar has all the pressure in the world on their shoulders, while Stroud and the texans are playing with house money 😉 

And of course the number 1# are favorites at home, it's outside, probably cold and snowy weather, maybe rain, so the Texans are the clear underdog.

 

But if we can make the bet, im game 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Of course he needs time to show the colts and us fans, what he can do for the Colts.

 

And hopefully he can bounce back next season and show us what he's capable of in 17 games.

 

But again, so far, he's been a bust, which is due to injury. 

 

Regarding my high praise for CJ Stroud, I just think he looks different and that he is the real deal.

 

Jennifer Lawrence from the Jaguars looked very good last season, and when they were 8-3 he looked both better and more more mature than last season. Then he got injured and the jags fell of the cliff.

 

CJ Stroud and the Texans are just on another level.

 

1. They have a franchise QB, that in his first playoff game played like a veteran. (Reminded me of Andrew Luck, when we had him)

2. They have a very talented HC in DeMeco Ryans and a very promising OC in Bob Slowik, which are the perfect match for CJ Stroud.

3. They have $71 million dollars in cap space, (2nd most in the NFL in 2024) so they can attract some of the best free agents and things off the field just seems to be in order.

4. Overall, this Texans team, coaching staff, Roster and setup just click in so many ways, that it's hard for me to say that the colts are right up there with them.

 

Im deff not a Texans fan, but sometimes you just have to respect and realize that other teams are better and ahead of us.

 

Next season can of course look very different, and it prob will be, but as of right now... the Texans are clearly ahead of the colts, and that's mainly due to the fact the we honestly don't know what we have in Anthony Richardson.   

Odd.  In your eyes the Texans are on "another level " from the Colts,  yet we're 1-1 against them .  They beat the Colts by 4 points in week 18.  The Colts had their backup qb.  You would think a team on another level would have blown their doors off.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

availability for this season... only 4 games is for me = a bust.

 

Im not saying he will be that going forward, but regarding this season, he was a non factor. 

 

Oh well. I give a player at least three years before calling them a bust. But I am not as critical of players as many are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Im tempted to make a bet with you on that game, if thats the next game for the texans.

 

I do live in Denmark though, so not sure how we can make a bet.

 

But let's say we did make a bet.

 

Then I would give you Baltimore with a 2,5 lead, so the texans should win with 3 point or more. 

Baltimore and lamar has all the pressure in the world on their shoulders, while Stroud and the texans are playing with house money 😉 

And of course the number 1# are favorites at home, it's outside, probably cold and snowy weather, maybe rain, so the Texans are the clear underdog.

 

But if we can make the bet, im game 😉

With you living in Denmark that is kind of tough haha . I guess on this one we will have to pass and just see what happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, coming on strong said:

its weird how some  fans here  act like stroud still has something to prove even though he is the offensive rookie of the year and dominated a good team in the playoffs .    these same fans think after two and a half games richardson is proven to be great when he only averaged 220 yards passing a game and 1 passing touchdown a game .     richardson showed huge flashes in the rams game but you cant crown someone over flashes .  justin fields showed huge flashes in all three seasons but still isnt proven and cant win games .  richardson is 0-2 in the only games he started and finished i need to see more before i crown him anything .   i have faith because he seems like he loves the game and wants to get better and shows flashes .  richardson still needs to improve his accuracy by a lot he over throws  wide open wrs which was his same problem in college .

Strange, name 1 person that has said Richardson is great. Many think he has the potential to be. With me, all I have said is give him a chance before saying he is a bust. I have also said he has looked good in his short time which is true. I have seen some in here calling Richardson a bust and injury prone. Someone even called him "Glass Richardson" . I can dig those posts up if you like chuckling homer simpson GIF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Strange, name 1 person that has said Richardson is great. Many think he has the potential to be. With me, all I have said is give him a chance before saying he is a bust. I have also said he has looked good in his short time which is true. I have seen some in here calling Richardson a bust and injury prone. Someone even called him "Glass Richardson" . I can dig those posts up if you like chuckling homer simpson GIF.

i never said he was a bust at all   i think his ceiling is josh allen with lamar speed which is amazing .   i just didnt see enough to say without a doubt he is the future for the colts .  i grew up watching watching peyton manning as a child ,my QB standards are very high so i might be bias but i need to see more from richardson .   i saw some raw passing that richardson needs to clean up .  how good richardson will be will depend on his love of the game and work ethic to be great .   if he has the work ethic of peyton manning i have no doubt he will be great .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Indeee said:

Again... It is you who is not seeing, nor are you listening either. 

 

I gave you both lineups from a skill position view.

 

If you believe that Richardson will elevate Pittman (if he is here), Pierce, Downs, and whatever TE we currently have that we throw out there, to a dynamic playmaking position that Collins, Dell, and Schultz currently possess, you are the nonsense here.

 

There is no secret here that I cannot stand our WR's. Downs might be okay but as far as I'm concerned Pittman can walk and Pierce flat out sucks. 

 

I have hated the WR picks from Ballard as well as his FA signings. <<Again this is no secret. 

 

Stroud is very good, but I can't stand watching the league hit on these WR's like Dell and Puca and we keep drafting Smells and Puke-A... 

 

And Collins? He is a WR1. Dude has speed and route running. Dynamic Playmaker. Last I looked every QB here since Pittman arrived is better than Davis Mills and Pittman has NEVER been the playmaker Collins has been this year. So, you're whole Collins has been there 3 years bull doesn't jibe. 

 

The entire wideout room, sans Downs, needs to be overhauled majorly.

 

Who would you rather have? Pittman or Tee Higgins?

 

 

 

Well I appreciate you acknowledging you’re coming at this with some bias.  I think Higgins and Pittman are essentially the same.  
 

I’m not saying Stroud is not good obviously he is.  I’m simply saying there is no reason to think that we can’t compete in this division with AR.  If he turns out to be made of glass than the calculus changes.  But I think we can compete.  
 

Agree to disagree on the skill position players.  We have some guys that can play too.  We have to see what can happen when we have a QB capable of throwing down the field accurately.    
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Qwiz said:

Um…the Texans made several stellar plays throughout that game, actually, which is why the Colts needed to make the 4th and 1 (and to score, too) in the first place. We can nitpick plays and play what if, but Stroud and the Texans did what had to all game to win. 
 And let’s not be revisionist about this Browns team. Most thought the Texans stood no chance against Flacco Reborn and the number one vaunted Browns defense. But now that we made them look silly, they’re bad all of a sudden? Nah. 

Good luck next week. With that said we have no reason to think that we can’t beat the Texans.  Nothing revisionist about resting your starters yielding horrible results. It happens every year.  Yes,  Stroud did look relieved.  You won’t be able to back into a division title next year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Of course he needs time to show the colts and us fans, what he can do for the Colts.

 

And hopefully he can bounce back next season and show us what he's capable of in 17 games.

 

But again, so far, he's been a bust, which is due to injury. 

 

Regarding my high praise for CJ Stroud, I just think he looks different and that he is the real deal.

 

Jennifer Lawrence from the Jaguars looked very good last season, and when they were 8-3 he looked both better and more more mature than last season. Then he got injured and the jags fell of the cliff.

 

CJ Stroud and the Texans are just on another level.

 

1. They have a franchise QB, that in his first playoff game played like a veteran. (Reminded me of Andrew Luck, when we had him)

2. They have a very talented HC in DeMeco Ryans and a very promising OC in Bob Slowik, which are the perfect match for CJ Stroud.

3. They have $71 million dollars in cap space, (2nd most in the NFL in 2024) so they can attract some of the best free agents and things off the field just seems to be in order.

4. Overall, this Texans team, coaching staff, Roster and setup just click in so many ways, that it's hard for me to say that the colts are right up there with them.

 

Im deff not a Texans fan, but sometimes you just have to respect and realize that other teams are better and ahead of us.

 

Next season can of course look very different, and it prob will be, but as of right now... the Texans are clearly ahead of the colts, and that's mainly due to the fact the we honestly don't know what we have in Anthony Richardson.   

Agree to disagree.  I actually think the Colts have the better GM, coach and overall team.  But Houston has CJ Stroud,  which makes everything else look alor rosier.  
 

the Texans fans roaming this thread should know what I am about to say is true.  Before this year Caserio was widely regarded as a joke.  Ryan Grigson drafted Luck and looked like a genius too,  until he wasn’t.  
 

Ryans is fine as a head coach but he really struggled in the two games Stroud missed.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

Good luck next week. With that said we have no reason to think that we can’t beat the Texans.  Nothing revisionist about resting your starters yielding horrible results. It happens every year.  Yes,  Stroud did look relieved.  You won’t be able to back into a division title next year.  

Thanks, I’m sure the boys will be up to the challenge. I’m not saying that the Colts can’t beat us; I’m just saying give credit where credit is due. What starters did this incredible Cleveland Browns team with their terrifying defense and Cool Joe Flacco rest? We beat them fair and square, quite handily, after everyone and their mom said (and hoped and prayed) that we wouldn’t stand a chance. 
 Hey, we won the important games and earned a playoff spot. Jacksonville losing was just a Cherry on top. You’re right, strange things happen every year. Wouldn’t be the first time a team imploded the last game of the year with the playoffs on the line…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Thanks, I’m sure the boys will be up to the challenge. I’m not saying that the Colts can’t beat us; I’m just saying give credit where credit is due. What starters did this incredible Cleveland Browns team with their terrifying defense and Cool Joe Flacco rest? We beat them fair and square, quite handily, after everyone and their mom said (and hoped and prayed) that we wouldn’t stand a chance. 
 Hey, we won the important games and earned a playoff spot. Jacksonville losing was just a Cherry on top. You’re right, strange things happen every year. Wouldn’t be the first time a team imploded the last game of the year with the playoffs on the line…

Congrats on winning the division and winning a playoff game so far. Stroud looks great. Used him in fantasy bestball and he won me a decent amount of money. You have a great GM in Caserio, and your team looks miles ahead of what it was three years ago. Wish you the best of luck in your playoff journey! :thmup:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Congrats on winning the division and winning a playoff game so far. Stroud looks great. Used him in fantasy bestball and he won me a decent amount of money. You have a great GM in Caserio, and your team looks miles ahead of what it was three years ago. Wish you the best of luck in your playoff journey! :thmup:

It is amazing what 1 play does. We get a 4th and 1 and whole narrative is 100% different. Oh well, that is football. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is amazing what 1 play does. We get a 4th and 1 and whole narrative is 100% different. Oh well, that is football. 

It would be different that we win the division and are in the playoffs. It wouldn't be different that everyone would be praising Richardson though as we'd have been using Minshew Vs the Browns yesterday. However, I'd have loved to have won the division for the first time since 2014. Unfortunately, we are chokers, and it sucks. I still can't be happy about this season. Never watched Ballard's press conference as it's just words at this point. No GM gets praised for accomplishing as little as Chris Ballard. As of now, the Texans drafted Stroud and won the division and a playoff game. Richardson hasn't done anything yet. All we can do is hope Richardson is our franchise QB starting next year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

troll GIF

 I see you and other "fans" that cannot accept any positive comments about other players and or teams do when your teams can't get the job done. How many teams are there in the NFL and of those teams are there ANY good players or are you just tired of losing? But then how can your team ever lose a single game when all the owners, GMs, coaches, staff members and players are the best in the league? 

Aunt Marg Avatar.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, King Colt said:

 I see you and other "fans" that cannot accept any positive comments about other players and or teams do when your teams can't get the job done. How many teams are there in the NFL and of those teams are there ANY good players or are you just tired of losing? But then how can your team ever lose a single game when all the owners, GMs, coaches, staff members and players are the best in the league? 

Aunt Marg Avatar.jpg

To your first sentence, plenty of people can accept it. Problem is, usually when people boast and prop up someone from another team, they bash our team or players. People can say Stroud is great all they want but leave the Colts and AR out of it and everything would be fine. Most don't, most throw AR and our GM under the bus at the same time. On a Colts website, Homey don't play that Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yoshinator said:

Congrats on winning the division and winning a playoff game so far. Stroud looks great. Used him in fantasy bestball and he won me a decent amount of money. You have a great GM in Caserio, and your team looks miles ahead of what it was three years ago. Wish you the best of luck in your playoff journey! :thmup:

If only I would’ve had the confidence early in the year to try and grab him to be my starter in fantasy 😂 Thanks for the good wishes, the AFC is loaded but hey, we’ll see how things go! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Qwiz said:

If only I would’ve had the confidence early in the year to try and grab him to be my starter in fantasy 😂 Thanks for the good wishes, the AFC is loaded but hey, we’ll see how things go! 

I'm a Braves fan in baseball, and I remember in 2021 the Braves had the worst record of any team in baseball that made the playoffs and they won the World Series. Anything can happen. Of course the next 2 years we have the best record in baseball and lose to the Phillies in the divisional round both years. Sports are weird in the playoffs. You have a shot. Enjoy the moment!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Qwiz said:

If only I would’ve had the confidence early in the year to try and grab him to be my starter in fantasy 😂 Thanks for the good wishes, the AFC is loaded but hey, we’ll see how things go! 

Great win yesterday by the way. If you guys beat the Ravens (assuming you play them), I will be really impressed and call your season a very good one at that point. I am fair about things as you know.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...