Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Wild Card Weekend Games Thread

Happy2BeHere

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Basically my buddy busting my chops saying Stroud is definitely the better QB in the division and we picked the wrong guy .

AR will be really good. I can't wait to see it. He reminds me of a better Daunte Culpepper. He needs a Randy Moss type player. Could Pierce be that guy. I think Ballard should draft a top WR.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

How many first round picks do the Texans have next year?

Watson trade treasure is over by this upcoming draft for Texans.

Houston's first round draft pick goes to Arizona in 24, but Texans have Browns pick so they'd still end up picking up before their actual pick with Cardinals. 

• Like 3

Just now, krunk said:

Colts will be fine with AR as long as we prioritize upgrading his WR corps. Hopefully the injuries don't return in year 2

If they do its time to look for a new QB. This year just needs to be used to build around the QB as much as possible.

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

Colts didn’t have a chance unless they had moved up with the Bears. 

Totally get it, he's just messing with me. I think it's more along the lines of 'you guys should've moved up'...

4 minutes ago, #12. said:

Colts fans(and Ballard) became too infatuated with the whole Hurts/Eagles thing and may regret it for the next 15 years.  Throwing the ball from the pocket like Peyton did was no longer cool.

I like AR a lot. He will surprise many. He showed me a lot in his short time this season.

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Colts didnt pass on Stroud for AR thoughhe was off the board. NOW Panthers yeah many werent sold on Young too small and Im sure they are regretting it already.

Exactly in order to get Stroud they would have had to go up to number one and either pay what Carolina paid or paid even more to trade with Carolina and I don’t really buy Carolina was willing to trade back unless someone just gave them an insane offer.  

So getting Stroud wasn’t a real option.  Instead they gave up nothing got the guy they liked best and who looked like the second best of these QBs in limited action this year and the only one who might be able to give Stroud a run for his money.

• Like 1

Just now, krunk said:

I haven't looked at any stats but it looks like the thing about Stroud not being able to handle blitz and pocket pressure wasn't accurate either

He’s got several release speeds and throws with touch staying calm even when blitzed.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, #12. said:

Colts fans(and Ballard) became too infatuated with the whole Hurts/Eagles thing and may regret it for the next 15 years.  Throwing the ball from the pocket like Peyton did was no longer cool.

I think that Stroud coming out of Ohio State was another problem too. OSU quarterbacks generally have not played well in the NFL.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Exactly in order to get Stroud they would have had to go up to number one and either pay what Carolina paid or paid even more to trade with Carolina and I don’t really buy Carolina was willing to trade back unless someone just gave them an insane offer.  

So getting Stroud wasn’t a real option.  Instead they gave up nothing got the guy they liked best and who looked like the second best of these QBs in limited action this year and the only one who might be able to give Stroud a run for his money.

How do you Colt fans think you will do with Richardson healthy next year?

Just now, NFLfan said:

I think that Stroud coming out of Ohio State was another problem too. OSU quarterbacks generally have not played well in the NFL.

Air raid QBs hadn’t done well till Mahomes either. Like @Superman said, scout the player, not the school. Have to take swings till you get it right.

• Like 2

Just now, Arodgers12 said:

Not sure because it will probably be like a rookie year for Richardson and people will adjust to Richardson at some point and it will be a harder schedule but I am excited to find out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not sure because it will probably be like a rookie year for Richardson and people will adjust to Richardson at some point and it will be a harder schedule but I am excited to find out.

You guys have a easy schedule. You play our division LOL.

1 minute ago, Arodgers12 said:

Depends on what Ballard does this offseason and how AR improves. 

Our schedule gets more difficult, so I’m guessing 8-10 wins next season. 

Does anyone want to see the Texans go all the way? I'm impressed with Stroud and the whole team. I wouldn't mind to see them go to the Super Bowl, even though they won week 18.  If necessary, could they match the Ravens? i think they can. 

• Like 3

Just now, Arodgers12 said:

You guys have a easy schedule. You play our division LOL.

We typically do well vs Vikings. Bears, Fields or year 1 of Caleb Williams, I like our chances.

I don’t like our matchup vs Packers or Lions.

3 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Does anyone want to see the Texans go all the way? 

Absolutely not.  If they get the first one early, like the Pats did with Brady, who knows what type of run they might go on.

• Thanks 2

I don't think Houston was better than us anywhere except QB really. But I had said previously we would eventually fall at some point bc of our limitations at QB and WR. Minshew was good but not good enough.

• Like 3

Just now, krunk said:

I don't think Houston was better than us anywhere except QB really. But I had said previously we would eventually fall at some point bc of our limitations at QB and WR. Minshew was good but not good enough.

Secondary was much more an issue than WR. The WR issue was directly related to QB.

6 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Does anyone want to see the Texans go all the way? I'm impressed with Stroud and the whole team. I wouldn't mind to see them go to the Super Bowl, even though they won week 18.  If necessary, could they match the Ravens? i think they can. 

Heck no! I'll cheer for them if it comes down to Texans vs bills

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Umm the secondary?

Secondary was very young with 2 rookie corners, a 2nd year safety with very few rookie snaps. They should all be improved and ascending as opposed to wr were Pierce did not improve. Now if Gus doesnt change schemes improvement may not matter a ton.