Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Steelers at Colts plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

1 hour ago, jemack said:

Hmm sincere question...

Today's "the 1st practice of the week".

Shouldn't they be practicing earlier in the week with the way the played Sunday?

Regardless of how they played on Sunday they still need to recover, especially at this time of the season. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Can’t Taylor carry the ball in his good hand and put a cast around the thumb. 

That happened a lot in the leagues early years.  Some players actually used the cast to their advantage.  Using it as a weapon in some instances.  Usually from the lineman.  Now there are soft casts and elastic wraps.  Anybody’s guess as to what the rules are now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

That where I feel the extra 3 days will help the Steelers allot.  Almost like a bye week.

Yup….   The Colts have 6 days, the Steelers have 9.    That’s a tremendous advantage.    

The Colts advantage us the game us at home.   That will help.   But is it enough?  

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yup….   The Colts have 6 days, the Steelers have 9.    That’s a tremendous advantage.    

The Colts advantage us the game us at home.   That will help.   But is it enough?  

Don't understand your math. 

Steelers played last game on 12/7, and now on 12/14, so 7 days.

Colts played last game on 12/10, and now on 12/14, so 4 days. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course they weren't going to keep him out, it is the Steelers and they are fighting for a playoff spot.

Really makes you wonder... how many guys have actually missed time for concussions this year? Beside our players of course lol. I genuinely would like to know, especially if Stroud plays. I can remember a couple weeks back Chris Olave exited a game with a concussion. didn't miss anytime. Amri Cooper.. Brock Purdy.. TJ Watt.. Derek Carr just to name a few.

How many of our guys have missed time with concussions? Whats going on?

• Like 1

With Watt playing and Smith being out this is going to be a serious issue. May have to keep a TE in to block and help. Ofcourse they have a solid front 7. This is one of those games where Minshew needs to put the game on his back and that does not provide a good feeling. Ill be there with Colts fans and thousands of terrible towels. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Can’t Taylor carry the ball in his good hand and put a cast around the thumb. 

One time, i had surgery on my finger and had 2 pins drilled in my finger to keep it straight and i played football with it on my carrying hand as a RB. Didn't effect me at all, just hurt a tad bit when it did get grabbed at. Adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

With Watt playing and Smith being out this is going to be a serious issue. May have to keep a TE in to block and help. Ofcourse they have a solid front 7. This is one of those games where Minshew needs to put the game on his back and that does not provide a good feeling. Ill be there with Colts fans and thousands of terrible towels. 

It’s a very bad matchup for Colts offense.

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Don't understand your math. 

Steelers played last game on 12/7, and now on 12/14, so 7 days.

Colts played last game on 12/10, and now on 12/14, so 4 days. 

The game is on the 16th, not the 14th.   

from 7 to 16 is 9.  

from 10 to 16 is 6.  

Hope that clarifies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Really makes you wonder... how many guys have actually missed time for concussions this year? Beside our players of course lol. I genuinely would like to know, especially if Stroud plays. I can remember a couple weeks back Chris Olave exited a game with a concussion. didn't miss anytime. Amri Cooper.. Brock Purdy.. TJ Watt.. Derek Carr just to name a few.

How many of our guys have missed time with concussions? Whats going on?

Lots. In fact, for the first couple months of the season, almost every player who entered protocol during a Sunday game was held out of the following game. That's league wide. For most of the season, it's been rare for a player to clear protocol in just seven days.

The TJ Watt situation probably was a violation of protocol, or exposes a blind spot in the protocol. Or maybe he didn't report symptoms, and was trying the tinted visor because it was a night game. They're investigating the situation.

• Like 4