Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Steelers at Colts plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course they weren't going to keep him out, it is the Steelers and they are fighting for a playoff spot.

It isn't up to the Steelers though. He had to get cleared through an independent neurologist.

• Like 3

The Steelers fans are feeling pretty confident about beating us. I guess that's warranted considering how we played on Sunday. No Buckner is going to be a problem. 

TJ Watt just needs to get a little bit of pressure on Minshew and it'll be happy feet city all game. I'm expecting both offenses to feature a lot of turnovers and punts... So I guess the real question will be: who will screw up less to win the game? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Steelers fans are feeling pretty confident about beating us. I guess that's warranted considering how we played on Sunday. No Buckner is going to be a problem. 

TJ Watt just needs to get a little bit of pressure on Minshew and it'll be happy feet city all game. I'm expecting both offenses to feature a lot of turnovers and punts... So I guess the real question will be: who will screw up less to win the game? 

Buckner will probably play. We will see if he is limited. Steelers defense matched up well with this colts offense. I expect colts to have a couple turnovers.

38 minutes ago, Superman said:

Lots. In fact, for the first couple months of the season, almost every player who entered protocol during a Sunday game was held out of the following game. That's league wide. For most of the season, it's been rare for a player to clear protocol in just seven days.

The TJ Watt situation probably was a violation of protocol, or exposes a blind spot in the protocol. Or maybe he didn't report symptoms, and was trying the tinted visor because it was a night game. They're investigating the situation.

I am trying to figure out how he got cleared then nobody said anything when he asked for a tinted  visor. 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am trying to figure out how he got cleared then nobody said anything when he asked for a times visor. 

It's reasonable to assume that someone would question why he wanted a tinted visor, and maybe that would trigger an evaluation for symptoms. 

But if he said the lights were creating a glare and he wanted to try a darker visor, maybe the equipment crew just switches it and no one else realizes it. Maybe he switches his visor more often than we realize. I've never even thought about it, but there are lots of things to consider. I think that's what the investigation will look into. But just asking for a tinted visor isn't necessarily enough to put a player in protocol.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Going to be interesting. I imagine Freeland will start but making he has a short leash. Jared hasn’t played in 3 years.

You’re probably right but I would feel better with Jared out there.  I know it’s been 3 years but he’s very experienced and only 36 years old.  These games are big the rest of the way.  I would lean on experience here assuming he’s in shape.  

53 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seems like Taylor is nearing a return next week.

That doesn’t suggest he’s nearing a return.  That just says he’s entering the window where he could return (which based on three to five week injury is correct).  I hope he does but that is definitely NOT what Rapport is reporting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

You’re probably right but I would feel better with Jared out there.  I know it’s been 3 years but he’s very experienced and only 36 years old.  These games are big the rest of the way.  I would lean on experience here assuming he’s in shape.  

He's " only" 36...lol

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That doesn’t suggest he’s nearing a return.  That just says he’s entering the window where he could return (which based on three to five week injury is correct).  I hope he does but that is definitely NOT what Rapport is reporting.

Steichen has said we will see when asked in the past. He had a different tone this week.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I never said it was. But we now have Steichen being way more optimistic today  and the rap tweet. Seems he is close. I said nearing never said for sure next week.

The rap tweet doesn’t suggest a return at all.  That’s you reading into it based on what Shane said which you left out of your post with the Rap tweet.  The rap tweet just pretty much says he’s entering the window his return was expected from the start.  It says nothing to if he’s going to hit or miss that window.  

Shane being optimistic is more news worthy.

40 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The rap tweet doesn’t suggest a return at all.  That’s you reading into it based on what Shane said which you left out of your post with the Rap tweet.  The rap tweet just pretty much says he’s entering the window his return was expected from the start.  It says nothing to if he’s going to hit or miss that window.  

Shane being optimistic is more news worthy.

I didn’t leave of Shane. It’s right there in Kevin’s post about  steichens presser today.

• Like 1

Colts need another titans performance from Minshew. Stay patient and take a few shots. Apparently from what I am hearing Steelers are vulnerable in the middle of the field. Pittman feasts on those slant/crossers and hopefully downs gets more involved. The key is not to get behind the sticks where Steelers pass rush can pin their ears back and get to Minshew.

• Like 1