Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Weather has notbbrrn bad anywhere this year. It’s been mild so far.

That’s for sure.  No snow to speak of.  Usually my driveway has been plowed a number of times by now.  Buffalo gets it worse than we do though.  Like I said.  I like our chances in Buffalo.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Buffalo here we come. That could be the worst matchup for colts.

Not really. In a cold weather game if Taylor and Moss are healthy, running the ball is key. Also the Bills barely beat the Chargers and Pats. They are real beatable. Remember a team like the Dolphins has a putrid defense at times too, and we already beat Baltimore at Baltimore, KC even looks mortal. There is not 1 team I don't think we can beat on any given Sunday this year. It isn't like years past, where you had a loaded Pats team with Tom or a team like the Chiefs had in 2019 years ago with Hill when they won it, or even what we had with Peyton.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts and Texans might end up Saturday night because it would have no bearing on jags game. They would still need to win.

I think they will it wouldn’t shock me if they put the Jags on Saturday afternoon and put the Colts and Texans on in prime.  There are no other real playoff games minus Miami and Buffalo which I am sure will be the Sunday night game.  All the other games depend on what happens in other games unless you want to put the Bucs and Panthers on in prime and just no.  Other options would be bears and Packers if the Packers win tonight or Lions and Vikings if the Vikings win tonight.  They could always go with the Cowboys game because ESPN loves their Cowboys.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts and Texans might end up Saturday night because it would have no bearing on jags game. They would still need to win.

I’m thinking Jags play at 1pm Sunday we play at 4pm and Dolphins and Bills play at night.

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

Makes no sense to me to make them play on a short week for such an important game.

We will see. Usually the Saturday games the  last week are ones that don’t have much meaning.  If anything jags will play after colts or at the same time. We will know after the game tonight.  

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

I imagine we will know pretty soon.

Said time slots will be released tonight.

They normally announce them in the post game or the Sunday night game, especially since the Packers and Vikings winner will probably be in some kind of featured game next week.

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just one of many, many reasons why I rarely gamble!    Perhaps a half dozen times I my lifetime!    

I don't think this line will go any higher and I wouldn't be surprised if it went to a pick.

Other than the Ravens I think that the team with the best momentum going into the playoffs is the Browns. Not counting the Colts because they aren't officially in.  The Browns are on a roll. 

In the NFC I would say the 49ers have the momentum. 

2 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Other than the Ravens I think that the team with the best momentum going into the playoffs is the Browns. Not counting the Colts because they aren't officially in.  The Browns are on a roll. 

In the NFC I would say the 49ers have the momentum. 

The Bills are pretty hot and so are the Rams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bills are the most dangerous team.  That would be the worst matchup. 

Steichen might be the better coach long term, but we would probably have a better chance against the Bills with Frank as head coach.  Frank would pound Taylor and try to make the game as ugly as possible.  It worked numerous times against the Chiefs, Bills and more talented teams.  Steichen, on the other hand, will try to out-Allen the Bills... with Minshew.  Hell, he acted like he was playing Allen or Mahomes when we were playing P.J. Walker, a dude off the street.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

If the Colts beat the Texans any playoff matchup is a bonus far beyond what most thought would happen this season.

It’s already a bonus. I didn’t think we’d win 3 games 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Unless the Jags lose, then we could potentially still make it in.

but bottom line, if we win next week, then we be in no matter what

That’s why he said browns are possible. Colts will play browns bills or chiefs with a win next week. Dolphins are not possible unless bills and dolphins tie.