Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Where would dolphins fall to if bills win Sunday. To the six seed?  Is there anyway colts can possibly still get the 3rd seed and play dolphins at home?

If Cleveland wins and Miami loses, pretty sure Miami drops to #6. Cleveland has better conference record and no H2H.

I think I heard the Chiefs were locked in the #3 seed?

Would go to common opponent, because we would have same conference record.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

If Cleveland wins and Miami loses, pretty sure Miami drops to #6. Cleveland has better conference record and no H2H.

I think I heard the Chiefs were locked in the #3 seed?

Would go to common opponent, because we would have same conference record.

Did I miss the posting of the pff scores from last week?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Steelers game has no impact on the Colts as the Colts own the head to head tie breaker with them.

But if Steelers lose(we'll know the result), all the Colts need is a tie to make the playoffs. Wont have to win to get in at that point. Not that we would be playing for a tie.

Nice information to have, if you're the Colts, in a tight close game late. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Did I miss the posting of the pff scores from last week?  

I was waiting for Solid to post, so I could post mine there.

It takes me a couple hours to get my post ready, afraid if I start it, he might post his during. Ahh, I guess at that point I will just merge them.

I will start working my portion.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

One thing going against the jags and bills. The Steelers need a win and either of them to lose. 

That could help the colts win the division if the jags lose. 

A Home playoff game would be nice for the local fans in indy.

And for those of us watching it on TV as well!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EasyE said:

This season reminds me of the going into Jacksonville.. I hate it!!!

Nothing about this is similar to Jacksonville. This team didn’t have high expectations as that team. Especially after AR went down. Rookie coach, Rookie QB and many people had this team with less than 7 wins lol.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Nothing about this is similar to Jacksonville. This team didn’t have high expectations as that team. Especially after AR went down. Rookie coach, Rookie QB and many people had this team with less than 7 wins lol.

Yep. We almost beat Bills with rivers in the playoffs that year. We had big expectations the following year.

14 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yep. We almost beat Bills with rivers in the playoffs that year. We had big expectations the following year.

It was the only time Philip ever lost in the Wild Card round, he was 4-0 prior to that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Steelers game has no impact on the Colts as the Colts own the head to head tie breaker with them.

it absolutely does if we tie and they/jags win as they would have 10 wins to our 9. 

if they lose, we make the playoffs with a tie. 

16 hours ago, w87r said:

But if Steelers lose(we'll know the result), all the Colts need is a tie to make the playoffs. Wont have to win to get in at that point. Not that we would be playing for a tie.

Nice information to have, if you're the Colts, in a tight close game late. 

We wouldn’t be playing for a tie… until we needed to not play for a win. Late overtime, work that clock and don’t force anything. 

1. If the Colts win they are in at #7 no matter what.

2. If the Colts lose they are out no matter what.

3. If the Colts win and Jags lose, we win the division and are in at #4.

4. If the Colts tie the Texans and Steelers lose, we are in at #7. Both the Texans and Colts would be 9-7-1 but we would have the tiebreaker head to head 1-0-1.

5. If the Colts tie the Texans and Jags lose, we win the division.

We own the tiebreaker over the Steelers which as of now was a critical win for us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

it absolutely does if we tie and they/jags win as they would have 10 wins to our 9. 

if they lose, we make the playoffs with a tie. 

Colts can’t make the playoffs with nine wins because the Texans would have beat them.  I think some of you are taking this tie thing a little too realistically.  I’ve watched just about every Colts game since 1991.  They have tied once in that time.  Also a tie doesn’t help the Texans unless the Jags lose.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

See above, yes they can. If they tie Houston and the Jags lose, we win the division. Tiebreaker over Houston 1-0-1 is why.

Yeah I am just going to say it they won’t tie.  If it happens I’ll have to eat my words but they have had one tie in over 30 years.  They are rare.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Colts can’t make the playoffs with nine wins because the Texans would have beat them.  I think some of you are taking this tie thing a little too realistically.  I’ve watched just about every Colts game since 1991.  They have tied once in that time.

A tie probably won't happen, I would rather just win to be assured we get in. We beat the Texans already, not the other way around. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I am just going to say it they won’t tie.  If it happens I’ll have to eat my words but they have had one tie in over 30 years.  They are rare.

I doubt a tie happens either (maybe a 1% chance), but it is just people laying out all the scenarios. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A tie probably won't happen, I would rather just win to be assured we get in. We beat the Texans already, not the other way around. 

I was saying the Texans would have beat them as in the Texans would have won Saturday night and would have a better record than the Colts.  I wasn’t talking about week two.

15 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

titans fans sure got quiet this year. 

If we win Saturday, I will be rooting for them bigtime on Sunday. Where the Titans screwed up is, they never got a good QB to compliment Henry from roughly 2019-2022 when they had chances of getting to the SB. Tannehill isn't a scrub, but he is basically above average. Mustache is playing similar to how Tannehill always played. Tannehill = Above average, respectable, but you are not winning a SB or getting there with him unless you have a dominant defense, their defense was good but not close to great. Henry's career was wasted basically regarding getting a ring.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we win Saturday, I will be rooting for them bigtime on Sunday. Where the Titans screwed up is, they never got a good QB to compliment Henry from roughly 2019-2022 when they had chances of getting to the SB. Tannehill isn't a scrub, but he is basically above average. Mustache is playing similar to how Tannehill always played. Tannehill = Above average, respectable, but you are not winning a SB or getting there with him unless you have a dominant defense, their defense was good but not close to great. Henry's career was wasted basically regarding getting a ring.

Easier said than done when it comes to improving your quarterback position when you have an excellent team otherwise imo.  Happens every year in the league.  Putting all the pieces together is hard.  If the Bills don’t do it this year they might have missed their chance with an elite quarterback.  Players move, coaches move it’s hard to win a championship.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

im fully aware of how rare they are. We were a 1 point favorite to open. Now a 1 point underdog. This could go down to the wire and into overtime. With the stakes on the line, it won’t be easy for either team. 

and that’s not what you said. You said the Steelers game had no impact. It does. Will it? Probably not. But if the game comes down to a multiple possession game in overtime, then the Colts strategy can and should change entirely, unless the Steelers win, which they would already know the outcome. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Easier said than done when it comes to improving your quarterback position when you have an excellent team otherwise imo.  Happens every year in the league.  Putting all the pieces together is hard.  If the Bills don’t do it this year they might have missed their chance with an elite quarterback.  Players move, coaches move it’s hard to win a championship.

True but once they signed Tannehill before the 2020 season to that huge contract, they had no other options. They rolled with him and had too paying him all that money. It got them 2 Division Titles but no SB appearance or SB win.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Funny thing about a tie Colts  would not know if a tie will get them in at that moment.  We would know Steelers outcome but not jags outcome. So they will be playing to win . It could be a different story if they knew the outcome of both games before they played.

No. If the Colts tie and Steelers lose they finish 9-8, Colts would still be in at #7. Steelers play before the Colts. Even if the Jags won, Jags would just win the division, it would be Houston and Pitt out. Not sure why some don't understand that. We would have the tiebreaker over both. 

I get it, the chances of a tie happening is like 1% but the Steelers lose, a tie would be a like a win for us.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don't even think there's been one tie this year so the tie talk has got me miffed also... Lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IinD said:

I don't even think there's been one tie this year so the tie talk has got me miffed also... Lol

Well, they did just tie the Texans last year, and would have tied them a few years ago, had Frank taken it.  

It's just something to keep in the back of your mind.  Don't do what Frank did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True but once they signed Tannehill before the 2020 season to that huge contract, they had no other options. They rolled with him and had too paying him all that money. It got them 2 Division Titles but no SB appearance or SB win.

They made the decision to sign him because they thought they could win it with him.  It apparently wasn’t the right decision.  Wrong decisions happen all the time.  

18 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They made the decision to sign him because they thought they could win it with him.  It apparently wasn’t the right decision.  Wrong decisions happen all the time.  

They won 2 division titles. Had the number one seed just a couple years ago. Seems like the right decision.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They won 2 division titles. Had the number one seed just a couple years ago. Seems like the right decision.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Correct but if someone is measuring success with a Super Bowl win then they feel it’s the wrong decision.

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Correct but if someone is measuring success with a Super Bowl win then they feel it’s the wrong decision.

When they signed Tannehill, their goal was to win a SB with a RB like Henry and a good defense so it was a fail. Vrabel would even say so. They had a couple of very good years, and it is hard to win a SB but many in here set us to the same standards. I have read many posts in here from some saying Ballard will never get us to a SB so he is a fail.