Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Almost rather Trevor play at this point. Beathard probably gives them the best change to win with how banged up Lawrence is.

• Like 2

According to Vrabel, the Titans are not laying down. They will play tough and hope to be spoilers for the Jags. This could be good news for the Colts (provided the Colts win) as the Titans might succeed doing that. The team could be hot or cold, no idea which side of the Titans will show up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

At this point I think jags have a better chance to lose if they play Lawrence.

Not sure i agree with that, Beathard is 3-10 lifetime as a starter. Lawrence at 50% likely better then C.J. at 100%

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Trevor is having a hard time throwing the ball.

I know and i doubt he does play as he doesnt really like pain much as most down here in Florida can attest but C.J. is really bad

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is crazy. Ravens just signed Dalvin cook after he cleared waivers.

Ravens always seem to have bad luck with RB injuries. If he’s good the Jets would’ve kept him or used him for trade bait.

11 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Math for the AFCS.

Calculating Zach Galifianakis GIF by filmeditor

I almost posted this earlier with a gif of Rodney Dangerfield "no respect"

Got busy and never posted it.

• Like 2

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/tyler-huntley-aims-to-seize-the-moment-against-steelers

Tyler Huntley aims to “seize the moment” against Steelers

...Huntley started the final five games of the 2022 season for the Ravens, including their playoff loss to the Bengals, because Lamar Jackson was injured and unavailable. He’s starting Saturday because the Ravens have the top seed in the AFC and Jackson is resting ahead of their postseason run.

On Thursday, Huntley said that different circumstances aren’t going to lead to a different approach.

“I’m just going to seize the moment and do what I do,” Huntley said, via the team’s website. “The Steelers are a physical team, and it’s always a good game. We’ve just got to score points, and our defense is going to handle the rest.”

Beating the Steelers and keeping them out of the playoffs is always a good thing for a Ravens quarterback, but it’s not the only positive that could come out of Saturday’s game for Huntley. He’ll be a free agent after the season and a good outing could help him earn a better contract in Baltimore or elsewhere for the 2024 season.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• UDFA: QB - Kedon Slovis, BYU QB - Jason Bean, Kansas K - Spencer Shrader, Notre Dame WR - Xavier White, Texas Tech  RB - Trent Pennix, North Carolina State  OG - Dalton Tucker, Marshall  DT - Isaiah Coe, Oklahoma LB - Craig Young, Kansas   Tryout: DT - Jeblonski Green, South Carolina State  TE - Malcolm Epps, Pittsburgh OT - Jake Hornirook, Duke RB - Justin Strong, Southern Illinois  LS - Michael Vinson, Notre Dame  OC - Jake Kradel, Pittsburgh  OL - Aidan Hemphill, Texas Southern  DB - Brandon Bishop, Liberty  OT - Daniel Johnson, Purdue 
    • Oh no doubt about that. I absolutely value the fact that people like Brugler, Cosell, Jeremiah, etc. actually do the work and take their job seriously. And I also agree that others do very surface level stuff(more akin to what most of us here are doing here as a hoby. Except... they get paid for it).    My angle is not exactly "everyone is the same", they are not. That's why I value extremely highly the work some do and not so much others. And I agree that just because a player doesn't hit, it doesn't mean the evaluation was faulty... or just because a player hits unexpectedly, I don't think the evaluation was necessarily faulty either. It's important to see the reasoning behind the projections and it is important to recognize the uncertainty in any projection really. IMO the uncertainty covers for a lot of shoddy "work" and rankings because a lot of talking heads can just parrot hits and omit misses. So they are not all the same, but their results might be very close to each other. Just like in the NFL - the difference between good and bad GMs in hit rate is in single digit number over the long term. You won't get one GM that hits 80% and another that hits 20%(Although... Grigson probably was close to that one).   Part of it is because the ones that don't do the work, actually copy and plagiarize the work that the great ones do... example, they will take the Jeremiah and Brugler's big boards and will mash them together and just switch a few names around, or if they have a favorite they will bump him up while dropping a specific one they don't like, but in the grand scheme of things the results wouldn't be dramatically different. So the value for me is from the actual verifiable work those people do and the way they present information. WIth people like Brugler or Cosell you can actually tell that it's them that are doing the work. They give you detailed reports on why they think what they think about those prospects. And they are almost never extreme in their opinions - i.e. "this player is trash, he would never succeed in the league". You know they actually sit down and watch those guys play and actually do scouting reports from what they see on tape, rather than from what they've heard someone else say about those players. And with Brugler, even furthermore, you see a ton of background information about those players. He's pretty much doing what scouts for the teams are doing. He's digging about the childhood and adolescence of those players, he's digging up red flags, medical information(whatever is available), etc. And he's just one person. And he's doing it for 400+ players every year. You can only respect that. And I derive a ton of more value out of it than I do out of a random pundit's QB ranking for which I probably have watched more tape than he has. 
    • Agreed   By mid year, this offense might be special,    I wonder if our defense can at least get to 15, in points allowed   Having an offense that grinds it our, will help the defense stay fresh
    • You’re welcome! I agree, some really good information and worth a watch. 
    • Bortolini was very good at the Senior Bowl. Technically sound and quick. I would not be surprised at all if either him or Concalves starts right guard this year, and I like Fries, I'm one of the few on here who doesn't think he sucks. We may be so good running the ball this year Richardson won't have to throw much(20-25 times a game?) This offense is going to be fun to watch and we should win a lot of games as long as we aren't playing cb's 10 yards off the line and dropping linebackers 12 yards deep on 3rd and 3. Go Colts!
  • Members

• stitches

stitches 19,685

• erock

erock 3

• Creekside

Creekside 765

• Nadine

Nadine 8,133

Administrators
    • cdgacoltsfan

cdgacoltsfan 4,251