Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

20 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

How is 3-0 only 99%. Should be 100%. What’s the 1% scenerio they don’t make it going 3-0.

I don't know, I guess it is the case where Bengals win out, and both Dolphins and Bills finish 11-6?? That is the only scenario that keeps playing in my head. That would put all those teams at 11-6 and if the Browns also finish 11-6 with a loss to the Bengals but winning everything else, we might be out at 11-6 if the Jags beat the Bucs, Titans and Panthers and finish 11-6?? Let us not worry about that now.

@w87r @2006Coltsbestever is there a playoff machine we can put that in?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I don't know, I guess it is the case where Bengals win out, and both Dolphins and Bills finish 11-6?? That is the only scenario that keeps playing in my head. That would put all those teams at 11-6 and if the Browns also finish 11-6 with a loss to the Bengals but winning everything else, we might be out at 11-6 if the Jags beat the Bucs, Titans and Panthers and finish 11-6?? Let us not worry about that now.

I can see dolphins and Bills both having 6 losses. All it takes is dolphins to lose one more then lose to bills. Then Bills win the division. That is a really bad scenario for colts.

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I can see dolphins and Bills both having 6 losses. All it takes is dolphins to lose one more then lose to bills. Then Bills win the division. That is a really bad scenario for colts.

We need Bengals or Bills to lose a 7th game, most likely the Bengals to get out of the picture.

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Which means most likely 

Next week will be very interesting & clarify a lot. 

1.) Browns/Texans is an interesting one. I’m not so sure we shouldn’t be rooting for the Texans to win. We will need to win Week 18 anyways. Regardless, one team has to lose so it helps us somewhat. 

2.) I don’t think Jacksonville loses to Carolina or Tennessee (Levis may sit the rest of year too). With Lawrence possibly out (& Jags looking subpar), the Buccaneers have a legit shot to win next week. Our division hopes likely come down to next week IMO

3.) Steelers/Bengals is another interesting one. We should root for the Steelers to win. However, even if the Bengals win, it at least eliminates the Steelers from the conversation. 

• Like 1

We really just need to win out. If we lose even 1 game, we're then at the mercy of other teams faltering to get in. 

Right now, just going by the ESPN playoff machine it looks like. 

1. Ravens

2. Chiefs

3. Jags

4. Bills

5. Colts

6. Texans

7. Dolphins

That's if we win out and Kansas takes care of Cincy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, teganslaw said:

I can see the Bengals losing to the Browns. It's week 18, though, the playoffs might be determined by then. 

I have no words if we lose to the Falcons. If Carolina can beat them, then there is no excuse for the Colts to lose. 

The weather for that game was brutal yesterday. So there was a negating factor. Ridder had thrown for a lot of yards. Really confusing how they are have a losing record.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

This may be true but the chances of that happening, are like me hitting the lottery for 10 million dollars. Bengals still have to play at KC, no way they win that game. I also don't see the Bills beating the Dolphins either because of the game they had earlier in the season. Them sweeping the Dolphins is highly unlikely. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

We really just need to win out. If we lose even 1 game, we're then at the mercy of other teams faltering to get in. 

Right now, just going by the ESPN playoff machine it looks like. 

1. Ravens

2. Chiefs

3. Jags

4. Bills

5. Colts

6. Texans

7. Dolphins

That's if we win out and Kansas takes care of Cincy. 

Remember when we all thought that 10 wins gets you in?  If the Bills win the east at 11-6, a 10-7 team might be staying home.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

2.) I don’t think Jacksonville loses to Carolina or Tennessee (Levis may sit the rest of year too). With Lawrence possibly out (& Jags looking subpar), the Buccaneers have a legit shot to win next week. Our division hopes likely come down to next week IMO

Yeah, obviously the Colts need to win out (and if they do, at least the wild card is basically sealed). But the Bucs are good enough to beat the Jags even if Lawrence plays, and especially if he's out. So if the Jags lose next week, and the Colts win out, we would win the division.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah, obviously the Colts need to win out (and if they do, at least the wild card is basically sealed). But the Bucs are good enough to beat the Jags even if Lawrence plays, and especially if he's out. So if the Jags lose next week, and the Colts win out, we would win the division.

Something does not look right with jags. They seem lifeless.

9 minutes ago, #12. said:

Crazy things always happen these final few weeks.  See 2021 and our 98% chance of making the playoffs.

If we beat the Falcons, proceed to lose against the Raiders and Texans, and don't make the playoffs, then this forum blow up, liquor sales will skyrocket, thousands of Colt fans will lose their minds and mass hysteria will ensue...you know...end of the world stuff.

I obviously don't want it to happen, but if it does, it will make a great case study in behavioral psychology.    

56 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Lawrence looked somewhat out of it at the end of the game.  His concussion on a Sunday night pretty much means he won’t play this weekend.  He really looked starry eyes to me.

he didn’t look sharp at all, all his passes were off. The only damage he did was with his legs. 

every week you see teams playing better or worse than expected. Worrying about what other teams will do is a wast of time, just worry about winning the next game.

I may be in a minority here

I absolutely want the Colts to get into the playoffs and SB this year

But I am not worrying about it....... what happens, happens..... of course, we cant control what other teams do. 

Famous AL quote - Just Win Baby 

I was HOPING that this team MIGHT make it to 7 wins - Wow.... very encouraged 

I feel like we are playing with house money at this stage

This team needs to stretch in my opinion to  do something in the playoffs

Just think next year.....  if we fill a gap or two in FA or draft, AND our QB can develop (And stay healthy)   

WE Could be the team to beat in the AFC

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Here’s hoping the Chargers give us a Christmas present and act like the Raiders following McDaniels ousting. 

Bills, Texans, jags losses, and a big, colts win would be a beautiful Christmas. 

Was just thinking about this. If Herbert was able to play I would say it’s possible but not with Eason Stick.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

With Pittman’s concussion looming BR is recommending the Colts should sign WR Denzell Mimms off the Steelers practice squad for the stretch run.  Interesting.

Minshew said in his presser after the game that Montgomery has been lighting up practice since TC. I think they are ok. He had instant chemistry with him.

• Like 2

You  really want to have your mind blown????

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Colts host AFCCG 

1 Baltimore 

7 Buffalo over 2 KC.                       7 Buffalo over 1 Baltimore. 

6 Jax over 3 Miami                        4 Colts over 6 Jax                        AFCCG   at LOS.    4 Colts over 7 Buffalo.  

4 Colts over 5 Browns 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

You  really want to have your mind blown????

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Colts host AFCCG 

1 Baltimore 

7 Buffalo over 2 KC.                       7 Buffalo over 1 Baltimore. 

6 Jax over 3 Miami                        4 Colts over 6 Jax                        AFCCG   at LOS.    4 Colts over 7 Buffalo.  

4 Colts over 5 Browns 

Browns colts would be crazy. I would love to get revenge. I think if colts do win division this is very likely to happen.

4 hours ago, JediXMan said:

I hope they stay with Ridder lol.

Yeah, Heinecke is a gun slinger, you never know what you are going to get. He will have a lot of turnover worthy plays by throwing it out there and giving his skill position guys a chance to catch it, so we need to come down with a couple of those in the game to temper his enthusiasm to gun sling again. He beat us with Terry McLaurin posterizing Stephon Gilmore, at home as a member of Washington last year, if you remember. That is the X factor with Heinecke. With Ridder, you know what you are going to get.

Plus, Arthur Smith coaching for his job suggests it will be Heinecke.

7 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Next week will be very interesting & clarify a lot. 

1.) Browns/Texans is an interesting one. I’m not so sure we shouldn’t be rooting for the Texans to win. We will need to win Week 18 anyways. Regardless, one team has to lose so it helps us somewhat. 

3.) Steelers/Bengals is another interesting one. We should root for the Steelers to win. However, even if the Bengals win, it at least eliminates the Steelers from the conversation. 

Why do you think Levis would sit the rest of the year?

7 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I can see the Bengals losing to the Browns. It's week 18, though, the playoffs might be determined by then. 

I have no words if we lose to the Falcons. If Carolina can beat them, then there is no excuse for the Colts to lose. 

we cant afford to turnover the ball