Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Patriots post game reaction

GoColts8818

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Vea against French in two weeks if Kelly isn’t healthy could be really bad. 

I wonder if Kelly is thinking of retirement. So many concussions this year and two new baby boys at home.

I would and I bet his wife will be pushing him.  I think he has one year left.  Maybe he plays a final year.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was unbelievable wasn't it, even Rich Eisen was pro Patriots. The PA Announcer was too, man it was nauseating. 

Somebody posted in one of the pregame threads that most of the German fans were pats fans. Looks like they were right.

BTW I watched the game and they won so I guess I'm not the cursehaha

- Minshew was way too skittish in the pocket today.  He is not Patrick Mahomes.  The more throws he makes where his feet are not set, lower body mechanics are off, the more chances there are for INTs, misfires, etc.  I know he did complete some throws this way including the big throw downfield to Downs after the Mac Jones INT, but I think he is going to be more effective if just plays within himself, focuses on his fundamentals when making throws not trying to make hero plays every time he drops back.    The INT he threw on the 1st drive of the 2nd half was a good example of this.   If he had just been decisive there, tucked the ball, ran and slide for a few yards, it is possible a 1st down or at the very least and very manageable 3rd and short.  

- Defense (especially pass rush) was outstanding today, but its the 5th week in a row now where the opponent has averaged over 4.5 yrds/attempt.  Pretty clear they miss Stewart in this area.  The team is fortunate to have faced two QBs the last two weeks who are probably two of the worst starters in league.  

- Overall, gotta give the team, Steichen and the players their credit for being .500 after 10 games.  I think a realistic ceiling for this year was to be competitive (and possible get) one of the lower Wild card spots and it looks like we are going to get that so personally, I can't get too upset with how this season has turned out from a results prespective.   

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Did Shaq tip this ball?

Possible, still don’t think the ball gets to the receiver either way.

The spiral still looks pretty intact. Either way, that was a good effort by Leonard.

Edit* Looks like the ball was already coming down in its trajectory. Of anything there was a graze that helped it go directly into Blackmon’s bread basket but still don’t think that ball was going near the receiver.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Had to watch the NFL Network broadcast and it was so sickening to have to listen to pro pats announcing

In watched it there as well, but I was able to listen to the Colts play-by-play on my computer, that made it at least tolerable

• Like 1

bluebombers87 2006Coltsbestever King Colt Stephen coltsblue1844 FanFromtheWasteland Hark IinD J@son BlackTiger TigerColt

chad72 w87r Restinpeacesweetchloe craigerb Tsarquise IndySouthsider cjwhiskers Old Man and the COLTS Lancer1 Drewp1 SR711

Dobbinblitz Gyworks Pigskin Shive Solid84 RollerColt onthebubble Powerslave JlynRN OregonapolisColtsFan SSColts NewColtsFan

Nesjan3 Mr. Irrelevant Fluke_33 richard pallo JediXMan Indeee Jonmal7 1959Colts coming on strong Jared Cisneros Trace Pyott

ParrotheadXLI newb767 Fourstar40 IrsaysArmy HOZER MikeCurtis Dingus McGirt bellevuecolt #12. colts52761 runthepost Gramz

Hoose lester New Zealands #1 Colts Fan Nate!

The fans are out in force!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, craigerb said:

bluebombers87 2006Coltsbestever King Colt Stephen coltsblue1844 FanFromtheWasteland Hark IinD J@son BlackTiger TigerColt

chad72 w87r Restinpeacesweetchloe craigerb Tsarquise IndySouthsider cjwhiskers Old Man and the COLTS Lancer1 Drewp1 SR711

Dobbinblitz Gyworks Pigskin Shive Solid84 RollerColt onthebubble Powerslave JlynRN OregonapolisColtsFan SSColts NewColtsFan

Nesjan3 Mr. Irrelevant Fluke_33 richard pallo JediXMan Indeee Jonmal7 1959Colts coming on strong Jared Cisneros Trace Pyott

ParrotheadXLI newb767 Fourstar40 IrsaysArmy HOZER MikeCurtis Dingus McGirt bellevuecolt #12. colts52761 runthepost Gramz

Hoose lester New Zealands #1 Colts Fan Nate!

The fans are out in force!

Winning is the ultimate feeling. Before the season started if someone told me, would you take 5-5 before the season, I would have taken it but with AR healthy is the only downer. Still so far, love the way the guys compete every week. We don't stink and are pretty much in every game. For the most part, we have won the close games too with the exception of the Browns game which we got cheated in. The Ravens win sort of offsets that game I guess.

It was uuuugly, but regardless of that, any win over the evil empire is a good win. :)

I find myself concerned about so many unimaginative running plays that reminded me of the horror that was Frank Reich’s running play calling. I just don’t know why the Colts post Manning years seem so opposed to stretch running plays and getting the ball into their playmakers hands in space.  

7 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

It was uuuugly, but regardless of that, any win over the evil empire is a good win. :)

I find myself concerned about so many unimaginative running plays that reminded me of the horror that was Frank Reich’s. I just don’t know why the Colts post Manning years seem so opposed to stretch running plays and getting the ball into their playmakers hands in space.  

I have been wondering the same thing

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Might be short lived if the Pats get Caleb or Bo

3 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Yes there is that unfortunately. I guess we need to savor the moment just in case

No highly drafted QB is a sure thing, most recently evidenced by Bryce Young.

14 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Past couple of games it was good to see that Pierce is hanging on to contested catches. He does not seem to create much separation and may need to make a living with this type of reception.

Even on that big catch, it was kind of a cruddy route where he rounded his cut rather than being sudden in his cut or giving a bit of a fake the other way.  Good that he made the catch, but I am so far still disappointed in him.

• Like 1