Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Saints post game reaction

GoColts8818

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

This is what an elite RB looks like.  Along with McCaffrey.  They can stay in the game all three downs and a DC is never going to be able to tell if the NO or SF is going to pass or run.  

With our one dimensional RBs we cherish, our offense makes it kind of easy for opposing Ds to keep run-based MILBs in the game.

Kamara and McCaffrey are both top RBs and used frequently by their teams. It wouldn't be unrealistic or even a bad idea to have a guy shadow them all game... if you had one half decent in coverage.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Spot on. They are properly taking Leonard out on 3rd and long, unfortunately Zaire is also worthy of replacing. Zaire has value but reminds of Anthony Walker. Z makes more plays but also is often beaten by a step.

LB'S that can cover are special.

Do we have JJ Domann somewhere?  IDK, I'm asking who else should be inserted?

29 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

And I'll offer this counter-argument:  This wasn't the plan.  The guys who played today weren't CB's plan.  The plan was to have Isaiah Rodgers and Dallis Flowers starting, with Kenny Moore playing nickel, JuJu Brents getting playing time, and the rest mostly playing special teams.  I'm not going to blame CB for where we are.  But I will blame CB if he doesn't find a replacement.  Because Brown is the worst DB in the league, and he proved it again today.

Thank you John for this bit of  ReEducation. We really needed Flowers to stay healthy and get a season of experience. Knowing our fortune he will never get the great speed back 😪

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Kamara and McCaffrey are both top RBs and used frequently by their teams. It wouldn't be unrealistic or even a bad idea to have a guy shadow them all game... if you had one half decent in coverage.

To cover Kamara, I'm guessing that player needs to be a safety and not a LB.  Supposedly, that would open up running plays for Kamara.  Not that his running is as big of a threat as receiving.

• Like 1

Just now, DougDew said:

To cover Kamara, I'm guessing that player needs to be a safety and not a LB.  Supposedly, that would open up running plays for Kamara.  Not that his running is as big of a threat as receiving.

Well, Bobby Okereke is the 7th highest graded Coverage LB this season...

Coulda, woulda, shoulda and all that, but this still points to Ballard...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Well, Bobby Okereke is the 7th highest graded Coverage LB this season...

Coulda, woulda, shoulda and all that, but this still points to Ballard...

Good point. Just curious.  Is okereke in a better scheme that’s more suited to his coverage.  I don’t know much about the giants. 

im not disputing your overall point.  Just saying that I think kamara would beat okereke too. 

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Good point. Just curious.  Is okereke in a better scheme that’s more suited to his coverage.  I don’t know much about the giants. 

im not disputing your overall point.  Just saying that I think kamara would beat okereke too. 

I don't know and Kamara may beat him too, but my point is our LBs are bad at coverage - all of them. I don't think it's unreasonable to think a great coverage LB can keep up with a great RB. I also think every team needs this with how some of these TEs are dominating currently.

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Throw Up Season 2 GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Exactly.  This is what happens when your top two corners get hurt and a guy you were counting on when you built the roster gets busted for gambling and suspended and you release him.  It’s not pretty and it’s not going to be pretty until Brents gets back.

• Like 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Exactly.  This is what happens when your top two corners get hurt and a guy you were counting on when you built the roster gets busted for gambling and suspended and you release him.  It’s not pretty.  

I was and am disappointed that they released Rodgers. What did they have to lose by hanging on to him ? 

• Like 2

Exactly.  This is what happens when your top two corners get hurt and a guy you were counting on when you built the roster gets busted for gambling and suspended and you release him.  It’s not pretty.  

Intelligence needs priority over athleticism. It seems a player can be too athletic.

AR going down kind of killed it for us fans this year.

I honestly wasn't expecting much from a 6th rd pick.

We're just kind of direction less right now.

I'll be here watching the crap though... Lol

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I don't know and Kamara may beat him too, but my point is our LBs are bad at coverage - all of them. I don't think it's unreasonable to think a great coverage LB can keep up with a great RB. I also think every team needs this with how some of these TEs are dominating currently.

Maybe gus should try domann 

27 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Spot on. They are properly taking Leonard out on 3rd and long, unfortunately Zaire is also worthy of replacing. Zaire has value but reminds of Anthony Walker. Z makes more plays but also is often beaten by a step.

LB'S that can cover are special.

Yet we let Okereke, our only good coverage LB, go.....

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

And do what?  Go back to Baker?  It’s not like he has good options.

Put Kenny Moore in his place. Blackmon comes in as nickel and Nick Cross takes Safety position...

Can;t be any worse.

At least this switch up is a plan. And  not just bend over and hold your toes.

9 minutes ago, Introspect said:

Put Kenny Moore in his place. Blackmon comes in as nickel and Nick Cross takes Safety position...

Can;t be any worse.

At least this switch up is a plan. And  not just bend over and hold your toes.

Moore has been just as bad when he’s on the outside.  

My thoughts:

I think the Colts wanted to see what Gus Bradley schemes could do with a competent offense. That has obviously failed. If Ballard is true with what he said, Gus is likely gone, if everyone is under evaluation this season.

leonard: he’s done. I went to multiple training camp practices and even said as far back as then that Leonard was playing slower than I’d ever seen him and that he wasn’t likely to ever make it back to the Darius version of old. He needs to be gone after this season.

the CBs: Good grief, walk over to Warren Central or Cathedral or Bloomington North and grab their starting CBs off their highschool squads. Any of them would do better than whoever we have now outside of Moore. 

Minshew needs to be a water boy. It’s a poor man Matt Ryan that we’re seeing this year. While Sam E is definitely not an answer at QB and I wouldn’t expect to see a win from Sam E, I’d rather watch that than Minshew looking lost every snap. Plus, I don’t know, we have a Coach who has developed some very good QBs, maybe he could turn Sam E into something serviceable as a backup that we will likely need that with the way AR plays. 

the good:

Moss& Taylor: I would cut Leonard and Cox, extend Zach moss at 7-8 million a year. Pair these two with AR in a two back set with Downs and hopefully a rookie game changer at WR , we might just be unstoppable.

Pierce : I’ve been hard on him but he showed flashes today. I still think Reggie is right on him, it’ll take him three years to get a route tree down. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Why is it that whoever is our QB never seems to have any time in the pocket but the opposing QB has time to make a sandwich, eat it and then have another 10 seconds to decide where to throw it which there are many options since we give a 25 yard cushion to every receiver

Our Oline sux

1.  The Colts have zero pass rush.

2.  Freeland.  When Smith was in there the line played really well.  This is why I have been saying people need to appreciate how good Smith is at tackle and stop calling for him to be moved to guard because that’s what he played in college.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Why is it that whoever is our QB never seems to have any time in the pocket but the opposing QB has time to make a sandwich, eat it and then have another 10 seconds to decide where to throw it which there are many options since we give a 25 yard cushion to every receiver

Our Oline sux

I was thinking the same thing. I can run faster than Carr and he had 5 seconds to throw it on every down it seemed lmao 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I thought Okeroke was our best coverage linebacker last year.  I was very surprised we let him go.  Ballard always said we needed a coverage linebacker that could cover  tight ends and he lets him walk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I thought Okeroke was our best coverage linebacker last year.  I was very surprised we let him go.  Ballard always said we needed a coverage linebacker that could cover  tight ends and he lets him walk.

I know we need a WR and a CB and maybe even a DE, but a true coverage LB is pretty high on my list. I'm so tired of seeing our LBs blow their coverage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

zaire leads the league in tackles for gains!!

I have been saying this for years about colts lb’s that this board have said we’re so good and the colts have given big contracts too. My opinion was not very popular here at the time!! They make a lot of tackles, but they are 4+ yards down field. That’s not a top linebacker!