Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What other side is there? You are either positive or negative? I don't mind a difference of opinion or someone even disagreeing with me, but you read the posts in here, so don't play that game like you don't know who is negative all the time. There are even a few posters that don't show up after we win because they predicted we would win 3 games lmao . I am a lot of things, but I am no dummy. After we beat Baltimore, I can call out 5 posters that didn't show up all week until we lost to the Rams. I mean how childish is that lmao . I am here win or lose.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"bully" what a word. Some in here try it with others instead of having a reasonable debate. I have seen people like @Restinpeacesweetchloeget bullied a lot in here and nobody says anything about it. They have tried it with me but Homer doesn't play that childish nonsense. Carry on though. I can keep going on all night Homer Simpson Smile GIF

I've been one of the few who have stuck up for Chloe, especially last year. 

The concept of putting people into two buckets (by making it about people), then putting down the other bucket is, in fact, a form of bullying. 

Not interested in going on with whatever you're planning on going on with all night.  I simply observed and commented on the idea of looking at comments being driven by folks being either positive or negative people at their root.  I don't agree with it.  

51ga50.jpg

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I've been one of the few who have stuck up for Chloe, especially last year. 

The concept of putting people into two buckets (by making it about people), then putting down the other bucket is, in fact, a form of bullying. 

Not interested in going on with whatever you're planning on going on with all night.  I simply observed and commented on the idea of looking at comments being driven by folks being either positive or negative people at their root.  I don't agree with it.  

51ga50.jpg

You probably think I think you're a negative person. I do think you are to a point - that is different, but you have many good posts so I guess if there is a middle bucket you belong there lmao . Why do you think I am always like this cheerleader of the team, I guess like @Nickster, I can dress the part and say go team go lmao . I have been overly critical of this team for the last 2 years at times. I even said Matt Ryan played terrible and he is a guy I think is a Hall of Famer. 

38 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

A looooot of question dodging obviously about the contract / trade request situation. 

Short of addressing that head on and saying "you got me, i was trying to get paid." I thought he handled it about as well as he could have.

I do think he still has an eye and a foot out the door, but he knows he needs to show other teams that A) he is healthy and still JT from a football production standpoint, and B) he isn't going to be a distraction in the locker room.

All we can hope is that he balls out this season, has a lot of fun doing that so that he actually may want to stay, and that the Colts and he can agree on a contract that both sides are happy with.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

He acted like the contract dispute and trade request are only based on media speculation. At one point he even pretended that he didn't hear one of the questions! It was gaslighting, and bad gaslighting at that.

Imagine if Chris Ballard did this in his presser a few weeks ago... Instead, Ballard was sincere and direct.

What I was hoping for was something simple and realistic. 'I'll leave all the business and contract related stuff for another time. Business is business, and it's not always easy, but right now it's time to get ready to play.' And if they ask again if he still wants to be traded, etc., just rearrange and repeat. 

Instead, JT pretended that it was all made up, and not worthy of his time. And look, that's fine if that's how he wants to play it. I definitely learned something about him and his stance today. But what was shocking is how some people apparently think this presser went well, when after I watched the whole thing I felt like it was a joke.

When you say it's shocking that others think it went well, you're closing your mind to understanding how they might have come to that view.

JT said clearly that he would not speak about anything contract related. The entire drama was contract related (we can all agree on this) so he avoided those questions and instead talked of health i.e. playing the party line. Call it gaslighting if you like but consider the situation....a presser with on one side the guy who clearly still wants to be paid and probably wants to play elsewhere as the likelihood is thats where the big payday could come from; and on the other side, the media who want to talk solely about the contract stuff. Seeing how he has said he won't talk of contract stuff, what else was he supposed to do?

You say Ballard was direct and sincere, i disagree. When it came to speaking on whether he'd pay up (you know, the side the player probably wants), he also deflected. There were no guarantees given (and rightly so BTW). I like hearing Ballard speak but the reason we all wanted to eagerly hear JT's side is because the Ballard presser gave little into the story as far as JT remaining a long time Colt. For instance, will he franchise tag JT? He dodged answering that. 

I thought the presser went well because it went precisely as I thought it would. When Ballard gave his, he played the party line from his GM perspective. JT has done the exact same from his side. The FACT is the Colts will remain and maintain as the Colts for the foreseeable future while next month JT could be a Ram for all we know...just like Irsay was saying.

I learned nothing new from this except getting confirmation that JT is orchestrating this and totally onboard with everything his agent did. Was there ever a doubt about that? The presser was a farce...yes but only if you went into it expecting something tangible. Why would I expect something tangible when the Colts have not offered a deal :D Status quo maintained, the play keeps acting out and dragging on.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You probably think I think you're a negative person. I do think you are to a point - that is different, but you have many good posts so I guess if there is a middle bucket you belong there lmao . Why do you think I am always like this cheerleader of the team, I guess like @Nickster, I can dress the part and say go team go lmao . I have been overly critical of this team for the last 2 years at times. I even said Matt Ryan played terrible and he is a guy I think is a Hall of Famer. 

Ok.

He could have shut all this down by stating something to the following.

All relationships require commitment from both partners.  The Colts and I have a current commitment in place and I am finally healthy and ready to continue my commitment.  For a commitment to last long-term both partners have to want to maintain the relationship.  I look forward to seeing where this goes as we continue through our current commitment together.  For now, I am here to help my team and my teammates win.

Something to the above would be a totally honest answer and puts neither the team or JT at odds externally.

31 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He wasn’t required to speak today. 

Yes but maybe you're looking at things from your fan perspective which is absolutely normal and legit, and not peeping it from his view.

While he may not have been required to speak. Now directly from his lips, every team in the league has heard that he is 100% healthy and raring to go. Every potential trading GM will have seen that he fronted up to the media and didnt yell and cuss and cause a ruckus, every GM will have seen that he cares about the TEAM i.e. the players, and they've heard that the players care about JT, they'll have seen he was media-friendly i.e. spoke when he didnt need to and wasnt aggressive and you know BAD i.e. the big bad wolf.

So if he does play, and show the burst that teammates and coaches have said he absolutely still has then he'll have shown physical evidence he's still the same ole JT to go along with the words.

All along i've said that the only real victims of this saga are us good and kind Colts fans :) , the other parties are all in it for their own selfish reasons - the front office, the GM, the owner, the other teams, the other fanbases, the media, the agent, JT.

Every word from JT is showing a man about his selfish (i dont mean that in a derogatory or negative way, selfishness isnt necessarily evil) interests. Think of it that way and it's easier to see why he spoke. I understand that fans are unhappy because the dude didnt say anything most of us want to hear but this is a business dance put on view for the public, and so i pay attention to see how each party is executing their part. I also know JT has always held the losing hand and so the Colts control this. Lets remember that.

7 minutes ago, Shepman said:

All relationships require commitment from both partners.  The Colts and I have a current commitment in place and I am finally healthy and ready to continue my commitment.  For a commitment to last long-term both partners have to want to maintain the relationship.  I look forward to seeing where this goes as we continue through our current commitment together.  For now, I am here to help my team and my teammates win.

Something to the above would be a totally honest answer and puts neither the team or JT at odds externally.

He did say he likes the fans here, the city, and his teammates + winning a championship for Indianapolis is important.

28 minutes ago, Shepman said:

He said the city deserves a championship and he aims to help them win one. He said its been a health thing and he's back (sneezing out BOOOOLCHAITE). So basically, he said everything you want but the media had many more detailed questions and he was never going to be able to answer without deflecting or being recalcitrant like Marshawn would have been, and JT chose to deflect instead.

Also why would he commit to a long term relationship when the Colts are not saying or doing that?

I really feel bad for the fanbase. This was a fan fave who seemingly went rogue out of the blue. In truth his villain act started when he watched how things went with Marlon Mack and got to understand firsthand how fungible his professional career was. I dont agree with JTs strategy but totally understand it. Bitter reminder that loyalty isnt a thing....if circumstances align then loyalty is bandied around. Fans though, we stay loyal....it's our curse.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

He said the city deserves a championship and he aims to help them win one. He said its been a health thing and he's back (sneezing out BOOOOLCHAITE). So basically, he said everything you want but the media had many more detailed questions and he was never going to be able to answer without deflecting or being recalcitrant like Marshawn would have been.

Also why would he commit to a long term relationship when the Colts are not saying or doing that?

I largely agree with your opinion.  A lot of comments seemed focused on his believability.  Sure, think what you want about that, but JT got out there in front of a mic and said the things he was supposed to say.  He showed other teams that he can handle himself in that situation, and won't embarrass a team.

The idea that he was lying, or not sincere, isn't really the point.  Its contract season, or IOW.....less-than-honest season...and I doubt that any team expects him to be totally honest and forthright about things like money and teams during the final year of a contract.  

JT helped himself today, but maybe not with Colts fans.

• Like 1

I can’t believe he was able to do that with a straight face.

I’m losing more & more respect for the man. How you gonna stand up there, after using the injury as an excuse to hold out, and talk about how hard you worked to get back & make a mockery of players who actually do?

I’m glad the Colts let him speak.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I largely agree with your opinion.  A lot of comments seemed focused on his believability.  Sure, think what you want about that, but JT got out there in front of a mic and said the things he was supposed to say.  He showed other teams that he can handle himself in that situation, and won't embarrass a team.

The idea that he was lying, or not sincere, isn't really the point.  Its contract season, or IOW.....less-than-honest season...and I doubt that any team expects him to be totally honest and forthright about things like money and teams during the final year of a contract.  

JT helped himself today, but maybe not with Colts fans.

I wish I could give you multiple LIKES for this comment. Pretty much exactly what seems to be happening. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Superman said:

JT said clearly that he would not speak about anything contract related. The entire drama was contract related (we can all agree on this) so he avoided those questions and instead talked of health i.e. playing the party line. Call it gaslighting if you like but consider the situation....a presser with on one side the guy who clearly still wants to be paid and probably wants to play elsewhere as the likelihood is thats where the big payday could come from; and on the other side, the media who want to talk solely about the contract stuff. Seeing how he has said he won't talk of contract stuff, what else was he supposed to do?

I agree.  Really, why would a player cannibalize his own agent's efforts or strategy by speaking about contracts and trades himself in that situation?

He pays his agent to do the talking for him when it comes to that topic.  He's there to speak as a football player returning to the team, and he speaks about eagerness, teammates, superbowls, fans, etc.

Every other player would say the same thing, and we would accept it as being part of that time.  They should let their agent do what the player is paying them to do, and stay out of the way of that process by not talking about the stuff you're paying the agent to talk about.    Its not deflecting, its business...where each person has their roles.., and the SM hounds who want the drama around contracts and trades probably don't respect that.  They may even be bitter at him for not helping them get their clicks.

Oops.  Quoted Supe.  Meant to quote @Colt .45

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

A looooot of question dodging obviously about the contract / trade request situation. 

Short of addressing that head on and saying "you got me, i was trying to get paid." I thought he handled it about as well as he could have.

I do think he still has an eye and a foot out the door, but he knows he needs to show other teams that A) he is healthy and still JT from a football production standpoint, and B) he isn't going to be a distraction in the locker room.

All we can hope is that he balls out this season, has a lot of fun doing that so that he actually may want to stay, and that the Colts and he can agree on a contract that both sides are happy with.

He played it the only way he could...non committal ....he didn't want to paint himself into a corner while negotiations are still in progress. He may end up a Colt....he may not.

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

To the bolded, I don't understand how you could possibly see it this way. From the opening two minutes of each presser, they're totally different.

They're both serving their own selfish views and purposes. I don't think that's that different at all. Ballard gave the professional Colts line. JT has given his own professional signal.

JT: [walks up to the podium and looks around, waiting for someone to talk, takes a sip of water] 

Q: 'JT, I guess I'll start, do you want to be a Colt?'

JT: 'First of all, it feels good to be healthy...' [30 seconds of talking about being healthy, never addressing the question that was asked]

So if you wanted that to be the first thing out of your mouth, why'd you stand up there and not say anything, when everyone was giving you the opportunity to make your opening remark?

That first question was a double barrel loaded question. I know it, and i suspect you know it too. If he says he still wants to be a Colt, he's lying. If he says he doesnt want to, he's isolating teammates and probably lying too (since he apparently doesnt care who pays up). It's an extremely loaded question so he deflected which is exactly what Ballard did when asked pointed loaded questions (like questions about franchise tags, or even just general questions about whether the Colts would pay up instead iirc he said Indy won four games last year....as if that were JTs fault. Please, lets be fair here.

In contrast, Ballard's presser.

Ballard: [about a minute of standard stuff about the roster, and then...] 'All right, now let's address the elephant.... It sucks for the Colts, for the fans, and for Jonathan.... We're going to work through it and try to repair the relationship.... Did we give him permission to seek a trade, yes we did.... I'm not just going to let him walk out of the building, I'm going to do what's right for the Colts.... 

How is this the same approach in your mind? Or what about when asked if they could have done something differently?

This is a deflection. 100%. Might have worked out differently if the first question out the gate was whether he'd use the franchise tag on JT. Heck the last question of Ballard's presser was about why they wouldn't pay JT and Ballard said that stuff about 4 games i.e.deflecting the payment question and acting as if the player was the reason for 4gm win, does that mean no one gets paid if the Colts win 4 games for the next 4 years? Silly answer. As silly as JTs. In fact the journalist who asked that took heat for asking that and folks were saying the journalists are too much on the player's side. Maybe JT should have given a statement and answered zero questions.

Ballard

Q: 'Do you think you could have done more to resolve this?'

Ballard: 'I feel like I've been honest with him.... I'm sure both sides would have done some things differently.'

JT

Q: 'If you could do it all over again, would you change anything?'

JT: 'Everything I've done to get healthy I would do the exact same.' [proceeds to ignore the questioner trying to clarify the question while giving an answer that everyone in the room knows is off topic]

JT deflected. How is that surprising? He already said he wasnt talking of contract stuff which is similar thing Ballard said when pointed questions about payment came up. Yes i get it, it means the whole press conference was meaningless. Well yeah duh. It's a silly dance.

I could keep going... But we're probably never going to agree on this, and that's fine. But I don't think it's because I'm closed minded, or because I had improper expectations. 

You're saying it's shocking anyone thought it went well, i'm demonstrating why i think it did.

Maybe he should have said his truth i.e. the condition for RBs in the NFL stinks and he wants to get paid what he's worth etc. Maybe. However, that's a losing argument. Jonathan Taylor has always held the losing hand in this situation. 

To me, Ballard failed to answer the question on guarantees which is what I think the player's camp wants. JT has done exact same and failed to answer any serious questions too. Both deflections. What else was Ballard gonna say? 

2 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

so he deflected

He completely ignored the question.

Ballard never did this. If you don't like Ballard's answers, that's one thing. He didn't ignore them, and while he didn't give a straight answer to every single one of them, he was more than forthcoming in general.

There's simply no comparison between the way Ballard spoke at his presser and the way JT spoke today. 

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

He completely ignored the question.

Ballard never did this. If you don't like Ballard's answers, that's one thing. He didn't ignore them, and while he didn't give a straight answer to every single one of them, he was more than forthcoming in general.

There's simply no comparison between the way Ballard spoke at his presser and the way JT spoke today. 

Ballard gave a press conference, acted professionally, said all the right things, said he loves the player and all that jazz about how the situation stinks as if he aint the guy responsible for it. If you're holding Taylor responsible for deflecting the direct questions about the situation then why shouldn't the person responsible for the situation held to an even firmer standard? Chris Ballard did not answer questions about franchise tagging, didnt directly answer questions about why this star player was not getting paid. We all know the line about four games was nonsense, and we know the line about new coach and system is also a deflection. 

For me, I got the same from both. They're both acting in their interest. I expect JT to be traded if a good offer comes in. If it doesnt, then we see where it all goes. Either way, Ballard has not answered anything about the conditions for keeping the player long term AND paying him - if he has show those answers to me, everything else is carefully worded deflection. Irsay's CBA comments simply put stuff out there in public and inflamed the situation but that comment shows everything. Hold the Colts and Ballard to THAT and the direct payment questions not all this other stuff. Nice words are nice when you hold the winning hand.

This seems straightforward. The player wants to get paid, the Colts have given no answer or guarantee on that yet the one who's being asked for guarantees is the player.

Deflection is deflection. Did Ballard answer any direct questions? Did you leave his press conference thinking he was a guy who would definitely pay the player and meet the player's needs? Nah, he deflected. His stance is correct, he shouldn't pay a RB big money but he isnt coming out and saying that though, is he? :D 

JT has done same, albeit less eloquently and convincingly. Again, losing hand. 

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

If you're holding Taylor responsible for deflecting the direct questions about the situation then why shouldn't the person responsible for the situation held to an even firmer standard?

Do you recognize that you're attempting to move the goalposts? First, the claim was they did the same thing. Now, you're saying Ballard should be held to a firmer standard... 

Chris Ballard did not answer questions about franchise tagging, didnt directly answer questions about why this star player was not getting paid. 

Do you think I'm disappointed because JT didn't give a direct answer to every single question? I'm saying he completely ignored the very first question he was asked. Completely ignored it, and talked about something entirely different. 

Ballard was asked whether they discussed not using the tag, and he said 'I told them that it's a tool... I'm not going to tell him something that's not true, and then he comes back and calls me a liar.' I don't know how anyone misses the point there.

We all know the line about four games was nonsense, and we know the line about new coach and system is also a deflection. 

This is off topic, and has already been rehashed ad nauseum at the time, but I totally disagree. The point was 'we're not resigning anyone right now, we have a new HC, we need to make sure we're on the right trajectory after a bad season, and we want to see JT perform first.' Why is this a deflection when it comes to JT, but not talked about when it comes to Michael Pittman? 

Either way, Ballard has not answered anything about the conditions for keeping the player long term AND paying him - if he has show those answers to me, everything else is carefully worded deflection.

He actually has. So has Irsay. 

This is a Mandela effect situation. We're seeing totally different things, so I'm tapping out.

52 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I can’t believe he was able to do that with a straight face.

I’m losing more & more respect for the man. How you gonna stand up there, after using the injury as an excuse to hold out, and talk about how hard you worked to get back & make a mockery of players who actually do?

I’m glad the Colts let him speak.

A bit confused on this one.  Did you want him to come out and relight the dumbster fire that this whole situation has been?  He took the professional route to move this issue forward.  No one wants to deal with that distraction all season

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

A bit confused on this one.  Did you want him to come out and relight the dumbster fire that this whole situation has been?  He took the professional route to move this issue forward.  No one wants to deal with that distraction all season

I’m a bit confused why he did the presser too!

No, obviously that’s what I wanted, with no middle ground.

There was nothing professional about it, I guess that is where we disagree.

He stood up there for 12 minutes and made a mockery of the whole situation & did little to make this less of a distraction moving forward. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

Do you recognize that you're attempting to move the goalposts? First, the claim was they did the same thing. Now, you're saying Ballard should be held to a firmer standard... 

There're no goalposts being moved. They've done the same thing albeit in different ways i.e. They've both been deflecting. The player wants to get paid and Ballard never answered when that would happen nor did he give conditions on it otherwise we wouldn't be having all this drama. 

Do you think I'm disappointed because JT didn't give a direct answer to every single question? I'm saying he completely ignored the very first question he was asked. Completely ignored it, and talked about something entirely different. 

Yeah, he deflected. He didnt answer the question. Chris Ballard was asked about paying the player and he went on about four games. What's that got to do with the player??! It's as much a deflection as JT going on about his health. 

Ballard was asked whether they discussed not using the tag, and he said 'I told them that it's a tool... I'm not going to tell him something that's not true, and then he comes back and calls me a liar.' I don't know how anyone misses the point there.

Yeah but saying it's a tool doesnt answer the question does it? Will you franchise tag the player or not - yes or no. Is that not what deflection is or am i missing something?  Similarly, JT deflected. Not as skillfully sure but same deal.

This is off topic, and has already been rehashed ad nauseum at the time, but I totally disagree. The point was 'we're not resigning anyone right now, we have a new HC, we need to make sure we're on the right trajectory after a bad season, and we want to see JT perform first.' Why is this a deflection when it comes to JT, but not talked about when it comes to Michael Pittman? 

It's a deflection because we know Pitt will get paid. Isn't that clearly obvious? Pittman and JT are not in the same boat at all. Surely you know and see that. Why does that get brought up at all? WRs are the pearl of the league, Pitt is good cos he knows he got ZERO worries. JT on the other hand, well i feel crazy even comparing the two. Not the same at all. That's why the whole CBA conversation must be excruciating to JT, going by the CBA, JT is going to get run over. Again duh. 

He actually has. So has Irsay. 

This is a Mandela effect situation. We're seeing totally different things, so I'm tapping out.

I agree. We are seeing totally different things. I'm seeing the player's side, you're seeing another side. That's fine. 

Lets see where this all is at the end of the trade window, and again at the end of JTs deal. I wish Jonathan Taylor the very best, he's a heckuva player. I think he's not the one to carry this running back cross he's carrying but that's another conversation for another time.

15 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

He stood up there for 12 minutes and made a mockery of the whole situation & did little to make this less of a distraction moving forward. 

I think people are getting too hung up on this. It was inevitable. He was going to have to do it sooner than later and maybe he decided he wanted to just get it out of the way and get back to work. If this is the part of the process he’s dreading the most (which doesn’t seem all that unlikely,) might as well rip the bandaid off and move on. 

Where do we go from here?

• Like 1

Just now, John Waylon said:

I think people are getting too hung up on this. It was inevitable. He was going to have to do it sooner than later and maybe he decided he wanted to just get it out of the way and get back to work. If this is the part of the process he’s dreading the most (which doesn’t seem all that unlikely,) might as well rip the bandaid off and move on. 

Exactly. At this point, this is all one big dance and we all know the moves. What we dont know is how it ends. I suspect the Colts dont know either....that's the scary bit.

23 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

There're no goalposts being moved. They've done the same thing albeit in different ways i.e. They've both been deflecting. The player wants to get paid and Ballard never answered when that would happen nor did he give conditions on it otherwise we wouldn't be having all this drama. 

Yeah, he deflected. He didnt answer the question. Chris Ballard was asked about paying the player and he went on about four games. What's that got to do with the player??! It's as much a deflection as JT going on about his health. 

Yeah but saying it's a tool doesnt answer the question does it? Will you franchise tag the player or not - yes or no. Is that not what deflection is or am i missing something?  Similarly, JT deflected. Not as skillfully sure but same deal.

It's a deflection because we know Pitt will get paid. Isn't that clearly obvious? Pittman and JT are not in the same boat at all. Surely you know and see that. Why does that get brought up at all? WRs are the pearl of the league, Pitt is good cos he knows he got ZERO worries. JT on the other hand, well i feel crazy even comparing the two. Not the same at all. That's why the whole CBA conversation must be excruciating to JT, going by the CBA, JT is going to get run over. Again duh. 

I agree. We are seeing totally different things. I'm seeing the player's side, you're seeing another side. That's fine. 

Lets see where this all is at the end of the trade window, and again at the end of JTs deal. I wish Jonathan Taylor the very best, he's a heckuva player. I think he's not the one to carry this running back cross he's carrying but that's another conversation for another time.

Have you ever seen My Cousin Vinny? I want to respond to this post with Vinny's opening remarks. LOL

All good. We see this completely differently, on almost every front. Good talk.

15 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’m not really. I just didn’t expect to see/hear it from him like that. If this wasn’t a required availability, what was the point of it though? What did he gain?

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

Have you ever seen My Cousin Vinny? I want to respond to this post with Vinny's opening remarks. LOL

All good. We see this completely differently, on almost every front. Good talk.

Right, like I said earlier when you made the comment about 'shocking'... You're closing your mind to how or why someone could see this differently. Certainly not interested in the player's side or logic.

So while I won't throw that line back at you, i will say I smell a lot of naivety. Great talk!

13 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I’m not really. I just didn’t expect to see/hear it from him like that. If this wasn’t a required availability, what was the point of it though? What did he gain?

I wasn’t singling you out, that has been a theme in the thread throughout the day and I just feel it’s a bit misguided. 

His availability was going to be required. He fulfilled that requirement today.

I don’t think it’s something he enjoyed or was particularly looking forward to, and so he just got it out of the way instead of letting it hang over him until it actually was required.

Now he can get back to practice and get ready to go. He can fully focus on that until his next required availability. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Hm... that's an interesting look on this.  Other than him sidestepping the question on wanting to stay a Colt, I saw nothing wrong with the interview.  Let's keep in mind that we don't know if there were any PR work being done behind the curtains from the Colts.  If the team as a whole continue to positively progress forward together, then I see nothing wrong with anything in this interview.  

But seems we are looking at it two different ways, so I'll respect your stance. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Superman said:

I think he might have come away from that summer Zoom call with RBs thinking that he was uniquely positioned to fight this battle. But thinking that he could win this battle is another story.

Lol how many RBs were apart of that zoom call? And what are they doing right now in the NFL?

57 minutes ago, AKB said:

my prediction has been the same for a while now, and his interview actually reinforced it for me.

i think he plays his heart out, then takes the biggest offer in FA (prob not indy).

still my guess

My thoughts too unless he’s tagged in which case we may go through all this again en t year.