Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

54 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

So he plays one game and then sits and ghosts the team for the remainder of the season… and then hits free agency and leaves. 

It’s possible but that would be such a scummy thing to do, and how would other GMs look at that and think “it’s fine he couldn’t do it to us, right? Right?”

Plus it would set a precedent for other players to do the same down the road. I imagine the owners wouldn’t like that. So if he quits on us after 1 game, it’s also possible nobody calls him or his agent in the offseason. 

We’ll tag him

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not really because some in here are negative for no reason. They find reasons to be like that and nitpick everything, sad really. I am glad the Ravens smoked us like some suggested. I also find it comical back in 2020 when I picked us to go 11-5 and make the playoffs while half the forum called Rivers a noodle arm for no reason. Dude is a Hall of Famer, he deserves respect.

Some in here don't read when I say we play bad or when I put the team down or I am critical of a player - it happens a lot, so you are right, people read what they want. Never said or thought it was all peaches or cream. Being a positive person is sure a lot better than being a miserable grouchy stooge though lmao .

Its tough for me to relate to this comment, as you seem to throw all people into two possible buckets, either positive or negative...then take sides.   I believe most folks simply have a positive or less than positive opinion that's based upon the situation at the time.   

Carry on.  Go Colts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think colts will tag him.  It does no use to hold a guy hostage at end of the year.

We shall see

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think that depends on what kind of season he has and what they do with guys like Pittman.  I think it’s way too soon to say either way for sure yet.

I agree with that overall. I just don’t think we will let him walk away easily

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Funny in the Taylor thread people are upset he didn’t say anything and felt the media was asking him soft questions and here people feel he was attacked.  I guess it really comes down to how you perceive it.  Personally I just didn’t expect much out of it.

I really thought it went like I thought it would. He likes his teammates, fans, and city but he wants to be paid too. I have always been 1 that said he wouldn't be traded and would play as soon as he was activated. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We shall see

I agree with that overall. I just don’t think we will let him walk away easily

In a perfect world I agree with you but if they have to make a choice between say him and Pittman or he has a down year or another injury I could see them letting him go.  

In a perfect world I agree with you but if they have to make a choice between say him and Pittman or he has a down year or another injury I could see them letting him go.  

Definitely a lot of X factors.  We shall see

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

After watching that presser I will say this without a doubt, a politician, any politician, would have told less lies and been more direct with less deflections than what JT just spewed everywhere for 12 minutes. 

I think the issue was pretty clear and while it's not surprising that we (fans) expected more after the long dance, I think it's easier to understand how/why the conference went that way once you accept that nothing has changed.

What lies exactly are you referring to? The major card he held back was answering the question about how long he's been healthy. That answer he gave about he and James healing differently was certainly off. He almost tripped there. Yes, he went off on tangents whenever he could but I thought if he spoke his mind, it'd have been a total mess.

Ultimately, the player showed up because he had to. He gave answers to questions asked (not the answers fans want to hear) and deflected all the serious ones about a situation that's still ongoing. Maybe it'd have been better if he said he was there so he wouldn't get fined :D

That conference went precisely how I expected it to because the player's demands have NOT changed.

As a fan, all I can sanely care about is that he plays well in whatever time he has left wearing these colors. 

What did we all expect?

*that wasnt close to the lies i listen to from politicians on FOX and CNN daily. He wasnt anywhere near as smooth and the fact that everyone knows he was deflecting tells you that...politicians lie and you think they love you. JT didnt do that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think they are going to have to make a choice. They have a good amount of cap room next year and have probably already budgeted for both.

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Its tough for me to relate to this comment, as you seem to throw all people into two possible buckets, either positive or negative...then take sides.   I believe most folks simply have a positive or less than positive opinion that's based upon the situation at the time.   

Carry on.  Go Colts.

What other side is there? You are either positive or negative? I don't mind a difference of opinion or someone even disagreeing with me, but you read the posts in here, so don't play that game like you don't know who is negative all the time. There are even a few posters that don't show up after we win because they predicted we would win 3 games lmao . I am a lot of things, but I am no dummy. After we beat Baltimore, I can call out 5 posters that didn't show up all week until we lost to the Rams. I mean how childish is that lmao . I am here win or lose.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think they are going to have to make a choice. They have a good amount of cap room next year and have probably already budgeted for both.

That’s all well and good but you have to get a contract signed with one of them before they become free agents.  They also have to think about guys like Grover and Moore too.  Clearly they can get people signed, having money I don’t think will be the issue.  It’s the timing and I am sure Ballard has a plan but none of us know that plan so all we can do is speculate which is fine.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You also don’t take away your only WR thst has been consistent. Especially with a young QB.

That’s why I think Pittman is going to be the priority,  I think it’s a question of when not if Pittman gets an extension in my opinion.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s all well and good but you have to get a contract signed with one of them before they become free agents.  They also have to think about guys like Grover and Moore too.  Clearly they can get people signed, having money I don’t think will be the issue.  It’s the timing and I am sure Ballard has a plan but none of us know that plan so all we can do is speculate which is fine.

That’s why I think Pittman is going to be the priority,  I think it’s a question of when not if Pittman gets an extension in my opinion.

There’s talk of Carolina trading for Pittman. Highly doubt that happens, but it’s floating around out there. 

Yeah i think Pittman will be done by mid season. Heck if Taylor balls out he might even get extended by week 10. He just wants paid. If they show him the money he will stay.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah i think Pittman will be done by mid season. Heck if Taylor balls out he might even get extended by week 10. He just wants paid. If they show him the money he will stay.

I think we re-sign both. Pittman is good, just because he isn't great isn't a reason not to bring him back. I guess it depends on what he asks? 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Definitely possible.  That’s my point there are too many unknowns to say for sure what will will happen with the franchise tag after the season.  

17 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Funny in the Taylor thread people are upset he didn’t say anything and felt the media was asking him soft questions and here people feel he was attacked.  I guess it really comes down to how you perceive it.  Personally I just didn’t expect much out of it.

To your last line - EXACTLY. He was never going to get deep into the situation and share details. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Bully cheerleading seems like an oxymoron to me, but oxymoron's exist in the world.

"bully" what a word. Some in here try it with others instead of having a reasonable debate. I have seen people like @Restinpeacesweetchloeget bullied a lot in here and nobody says anything about it. They have tried it with me but Homer doesn't play that childish nonsense. Carry on though. I can keep going on all night Homer Simpson Smile GIF

25 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Carry on.  Go Colts.

That’s true for many. Agreed.

Almost all of us view the Colts as a general entity in a positive way since we’re fans. We like the team, like the players and so on. 

We react to the situations as they come. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"bully" what a word. Some in here try it with others instead of having a reasonable debate. I have seen people like @Restinpeacesweetchloeget bullied a lot in here and nobody says anything about it. They have tried it with me but Homer doesn't play that childish nonsense. Carry on though. I can keep going on all night Homer Simpson Smile GIF

Calm Down Family Guy GIF

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

What did we all expect?

He acted like the contract dispute and trade request are only based on media speculation. At one point he even pretended that he didn't hear one of the questions! It was gaslighting, and bad gaslighting at that.

Imagine if Chris Ballard did this in his presser a few weeks ago... Instead, Ballard was sincere and direct.

What I was hoping for was something simple and realistic. 'I'll leave all the business and contract related stuff for another time. Business is business, and it's not always easy, but right now it's time to get ready to play.' And if they ask again if he still wants to be traded, etc., just rearrange and repeat. 

Instead, JT pretended that it was all made up, and not worthy of his time. And look, that's fine if that's how he wants to play it. I definitely learned something about him and his stance today. But what was shocking is how some people apparently think this presser went well, when after I watched the whole thing I felt like it was a joke.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I think the issue was pretty clear and while it's not surprising that we (fans) expected more after the long dance, I think it's easier to understand how/why the conference went that way once you accept that nothing has changed.

What lies exactly are you referring to? The major card he held back was answering the question about how long he's been healthy. That answer he gave about he and James healing differently was certainly off. He almost tripped there. Yes, he went off on tangents whenever he could but I thought if he spoke his mind, it'd have been a total mess.

Ultimately, the player showed up because he had to. He gave answers to questions asked (not the answers fans want to hear) and deflected all the serious ones about a situation that's still ongoing. Maybe it'd have been better if he said he was there so he wouldn't get fined :D

That conference went precisely how I expected it to because the player's demands have NOT changed.

As a fan, all I can sanely care about is that he plays well in whatever time he has left wearing these colors. 

What did we all expect?

*that wasnt close to the lies i listen to from politicians on FOX and CNN daily. He wasnt anywhere near as smooth and the fact that everyone knows he was deflecting tells you that...politicians lie and you think they love you. JT didnt do that.

He wasn’t required to speak today. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I do too.  Where’s that poster that used to work directly for the colts and did weekly questions?

Imagine if the people who get paid to cover the team actually got meaningful information that relates to this specific information, and then reported it publicly? 

even_possible_aliens.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Imagine if the people who get paid to cover the team actually got meaningful information that relates to this specific information, and then reported it publicly? 

even_possible_aliens.gif

Oh anything is possible but it’d be pretty alien if the media actually did that

• Like 1