Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ok what does Steichen have to do with this now. Ballard would not of forced him to play. Saturday isn’t here anymore. Qu think they are exaggerating.

I don’t know I was just explaining why Taylor’s agent was liking Hicks post.

Let’s say it is true about Saturday. That gives me hope Steichen will be able to help mend this relationship because he wasn’t here last year. Giving Taylor assurances that would not happen under his watch. If it did happen Ballard wasn’t aware of it either.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t know I was just explaining why Taylor’s agent was liking Hicks post.

Sorry I quoted you by accident.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

no apparent reason? 

Taylor sure seemed perfectly happy after his surgery. This seems to be a lot of made up none sense to try and get paid earlier.

What does giving Taylor extra money for this season just because he is unhappy say to the locker room?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

IMG_1234.jpg

Hard to believe the Colts asked for that. One source says the Dolphins and Colts never even made any legitimate offers or counter offers. Another source claims Miami offered their second. All different reports on all aspects of this whole debacle. That above report really makes a lot of sense. The Colts "were said" to be looking for a first round pick , which is believable. Now I'm suppose to believe their price was a good RB , a monster WR and a first round pick ? Please....

• Like 1

I can't believe I'm watching NFL Total Access just now that two hosts and I believe former player are saying JT should falsely report an injury and of course they are suggesting he may already be.  The NFL should fire all three of those guys just for making it look bad.  If JT is faking injury right now as a hold in/out work around we don't need him here.  

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He has been our best player. You would be rewarding a good player by giving him some extra cash this year. It might of made him not be offended.

Grover Stewart is a good player, he also will be a free agent next year, why not give him some extra cash this year as well? 

55 minutes ago, stitches said:

For whatever it's worth. Malki Kawa's latest likes are to the following tweets, so there might be something to it:

I'm not questioning whether Zach Hicks was told this. I'm saying I don't believe it's true.

It's also not logical. If the ankle injury is lingering, as Zach is saying it is, should anyone expect the Colts to offer a new contract at whatever market value is? In what way is that good business? He's saying the player doesn't want to risk playing on a bad ankle because if he can't perform like he did in the past, it would hurt his value? So should the team just throw the money at him without evidence that he can still perform?

This is crazy talk.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Grover has already signed a second contract. Our punter is making more then JT. Ashton Dulin was signed for more then JT.

Ok, then how about throwing Pittman a little extra money this year? It's beyond silly to suggest just giving a player more money because he is upset he isn't getting an extension. What a horrible precedent it would create.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm not questioning whether Zach Hicks was told this. I'm saying I don't believe it's true.

It's also not logical. If the ankle injury is lingering, as Zach is saying it is, should anyone expect the Colts to offer a new contract at whatever market value is? In what way is that good business? He's saying the player doesn't want to risk playing on a bad ankle because if he can't perform like he did in the past, it would hurt his value? So should the team just throw the money at him without evidence that he can still perform?

This is crazy talk.

Yeah, I am getting tired of the Colts insiders saying things like " When everybody finds out...." and "If people knew what Taylor was mad about..." and so on.

• Like 2

Just now, Zoltan said:

Yeah, I am getting tired of the Colts insiders saying things like " When everybody finds out...." and "If people knew what Taylor was mad about..." and so on.

Apparently this is supposed to be the big scoop we were going to find out about. They're pushing the narrative now, conveniently. Where was this in April, when Taylor was saying that he's good to go?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Apparently this is supposed to be the big scoop we were going to find out about. They're pushing the narrative now, conveniently. Where was this in April, when Taylor was saying that he's good to go?

To me they are using this as a excuse to try and get traded.

Listening to Ballard today I now understand why he has been allowed to travel and be around the team. They are going to try and fix this.

2 minutes ago, pkbrux said:

Ok, then how about throwing Pittman a little extra money this year? It's beyond silly to suggest just giving a player more money because he is upset he isn't getting an extension. What a horrible precedent it would create.

Barkley got more pay. Zack Martin got a new deal…if a player has earned it then you can do it and it shows the others if you elevate yourself to one of the best players on the team then we can revisit your salary. It might inspire other players. Of course there are negatives as you imply but that is why you weigh the risk reward of doing so. Doing it isn’t inherently bad..not doing it might not be either…lots of places do this though. It’s called merit based pay…and it can backfire if not used correctly but it can also inspire others inside the organization to work harder to excel so they will get the larger bump in pay.  
The Colts might not wanted to do this but it isn’t a dumb idea on its face value. Players outperform their contracts and sometimes organizations reward them early by extending them to keep them happy, sometimes to help their books, and sometimes because if they wait the contract will be bigger…but it’s not crazy idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Not sure I agree with this. Blaming Saturday for forcing him to play. I can’t read Zach’s tweet because he has me banned. Saturday told Shaq to shut it down.

Wait.  Zach hicks banned you?   I don’t care about the off season now.   Please tell why?

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think we could probably fill a book about what we DONT know about the situation…what the organization has said snd done privately and what JT and his agents have also done. However no matter what comes out I don’t think Colts fans will change their opinion and yet I also don’t think the media cares what the whole truth is as well as JTs holdout is juicy and everyone loves to to hate on Irsay as owners in general are easy targets and well crazy Jim is probably one of the least likable because of his past.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Wait.  Zach hicks banned you?   I don’t care about the off season now.   Please tell why?

Yeah he did lol. 

6 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Let’s say Saturday put JT back in the game injured. That coach is no longer here so that story doesn’t hold up imo. 

Exactly. If it did happen Ballard clearly didn’t know either.

18 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Let’s say Saturday put JT back in the game injured. That coach is no longer here so that story doesn’t hold up imo. 

I’m not sure that would be 100% accurate but if he told him look the organization is going to reward you if you play through pain…they are going to take care of you and JT believed that…as foolish as that would be if that was the case then I could sure see how that would be a problem for JT. The coach IS the organization…the representative of the team that directly interacts and communicates with the players. If he was to say and do that and JT trusted him then that’s the Colts fault for putting an inadequate coach on rhe sideline. How can he trust the next coach will look out for him and his future. A big IF that’s true…and I think JT would be pretty naive to trust that but if that’s true then I could see the break down in the relationship began and how as the offseason wore on and he wasn’t rewarded it became acrimonious. Combine that with then JTs actions and the messages coming from Irsay and what he was seeing around the league with other RBs…he decided to go full on nuclear….which yeah leads us to this big piece of dog poo we are in now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If this was the case with Saturday why didn’t JT say something. Why didn’t he go to balled lol.

Do we know he didn’t? Do we know all the reasons why Saturday who was Irsays guy wasn’t retained. Like I said we can probably fill a book on what we really don’t know….just like if this report is even true or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Zach Hicks is not an insider or a reporter. He just parrots off of other people's opinions. I call B.S. 

If the Saturday story is true, then maybe Zach should go ask Matt Ryan about what really happened in the locker room last season. 

Seems like a bit of a reporter.

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/author/zach-hicks

2 hours ago, pkbrux said:

How many other players are you going to just give extra money to without an extension? Because I'd love to hear them explain to the locker room why he is getting more money for no apparent reason other than to make him feel better. 

Yeah, Pittman would be like

GIF by NETFLIX

"I showed up and handled my business professionally" (made up scenario)

If Taylor does come back as a colt I think Steichen is going to play a big role in him coming back. Let’s say Taylor does feel like he was pushed to play. If Steichen can reassure him that won’t happen on his watch maybe this can be resolved.

Lets also remember this is the first time Taylor has ever been injured. He hasnt missed a practice since like junior high. So is it possible he just didn’t know how to handle that?

2 hours ago, Superman said:

This is crazy talk.

If the ankle is lingering that’s a major red flag on his ability to heal properly and may be signs of a deeper problem with the ankle. 

the same media that is ripping the Colts for not paying the man, are the same people who would rip the colts for paying the man knowing he wasn’t healthy if it turned out JT wasn’t the same or ultimately couldn’t go. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JT was not highly drafted.  And he has outplayed his rookie deal.  Team sucks. JT does not suck.  Philiosophically JT makes a ton of sense with AR-15.  

But JT can bring trade value but not as high as WE think.  

If you arent paying him trade him now.  

JT is worth it.  Nelson was a worthless contract.  

• Thanks 1

I have zero reason to doubt Shaad. He’s been pretty dead on with his info. I’m sure that’s where Hicks heard this stuff. If you listen to Shaad’s podcast he doesn’t blame Ballard or Irsay.  JT felt pressured by Saturday, and is upset the Colts chose not to take care of him afterward. That JT’s side of things.  

I believe at this point PUP stands for physically Unwilling to perform not unable. 

I like Zach Hicks and the works he does and the product he puts out. However, the one thing I disagree with him on is wishing the Colts dealt JT just so it would be over and he’s tired of talking about it. There’s a terrible reason to make a trade and it’s how you get below market value. 

10 hours ago, csmopar said:

CBA rules, he can’t be at practice if on regular season PuP

The fact that James Boyd is it?  Our new "main beat reporter" for the team, isn't even fully aware of the stipulations on the massively dominant story (JT can't be at practice) and is posting about how he's noticing there's no JT at practice ...is flat embarrassing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

To me they are using this as a excuse to try and get traded.

Listening to Ballard today I now understand why he has been allowed to travel and be around the team. They are going to try and fix this.

It.......took the presser to convince you that's what the team reasoning for allowing those things was?

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

ballard lives and dies by the draft , after six seasons he drafted only one elite talent, taylor!! he is trying to keep him at dollar general pay. i hope he drafts more than one elite talent in the next 6 years and pays them.

One elite talent seriously