Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

4 hours ago, Mikemccoy84 said:

Not gonna be good for the league if you have teams giving into demands by players who are on rookie contracts. Won’t be long guys be holding out every year after a good year.

And it wasn't even after his good year to boot!  It was after a down year, due to injury.....lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Schefter: Jonathan Taylor trade doesn't appear to be close for Colts 

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/38279292

Adam Schefter explains why the Colts aren't close to finding a trade for Jonathan Taylor.

Yeah, this I believe. 

Holder and King of Colts have been listening too much to JT’s agent and are spreading his nonsense like it’s gospel. JMO. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Adam Schefter explains why the Colts aren't close to finding a trade for Jonathan Taylor.

Some may not like him but Schefter is the closet thing to Wog there is for the NFL.  I trust his word on this.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I don't think it was ever close. And that's on purpose. We don't want to lose him. He's healthy and we want him to play out his contract. Hell we could give him a decent deal mid-season if he plays his cards right. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Worth mentioning Schefter has at least one good source close to the Colts because he broke the Luck story.  So of all the insiders I trust him the most with Colts news.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, twfish said:

Idk why but I really like Mallory. Glad he got a couple catches. Seems like the perfect in between from Granson and Woods/Ogletree.

I remember a while back we got a pretty good WR from Miami....As a matter of fact,  I think he's back on this team :p.  I like Mallory too.

5 hours ago, Indeee said:

Maybe. I just wouldn't have paid Leonard all that and I love Leonard. I agree that this more than likely has to do with whatever injury is correct here with Taylor and the Colts wanting him healthy b4 committing. It's just easier sometimes when a player views money given to other positions on a team and relating it to what they deem they deserve as well. If I'm Taylor I'm looking at the money shelled out to Leanord and Nelson and being like cm'on brah? 

The big money shelled out to Leonard and Nelson is largely viewed as a mistake. If JT is as smart as everyone says he is, he would understand that. He wouldn’t like it, but he could grasp it. 

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I don't think it was ever close. And that's on purpose. We don't want to lose him. He's healthy and we want him to play out his contract. Hell we could give him a decent deal mid-season if he plays his cards right. 

I've felt this way all along.  I think a big reason Ballard, Irsay, Steichen, haven't said much of anything, is they expect JT to be a part of the team now, this season, and going forward as long as he's healthy and productive.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Granson is a terrible blocker. If you don't know it then you never watch him. Definitely worse than a young Dallas Clark.

He hasn’t been good blocking but I listened to a report today about how happy the Colts are with his improved blocking. He’s never going to be great at it but since you mentioned Dallas Clark he was at least a willing blocker.  Granson needs to be that. I believe Ogletree is going to be a good blocking TE. 

2 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

DolphinsTalk.com Podcast (20 minutes long / Taylor discussion starts at 12 min mark)

Is Jonathan Taylor Getting Traded to Miami in the Next 24 Hours?

https://dolphinstalk1977.podbean.com/e/is-jonathan-taylor-getting-traded-to-miami-in-the-next-24-hours/

If you don't feel like listening... This guy blames Irsay for the holdup

Was ok, but "information" wise?  He pretty much is a Dolphins fan in his mom's basement.

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Some may not like him but Schefter is the closet thing to Wog there is for the NFL.  I trust his word on this.

Read more about who Schefner is. He's kind of sleaze ball. He's a conduit to the agent. He plays both side ls, and both agents and teams use him when needed.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Read more about who Schefner is. He's kind of sleaze ball. He's a conduit to the agent. He plays both side ls, and both agents and teams use him when needed.

That's how they need to play their cards in their jobs.

Then only the agent or player or team will give them inside information to break it out first. 

That's how we fans get to have some reliable crumbs to get heated and curse each other here :trout:

• Like 1

I've checked this page a lot in preseason to figure out who some guys were during games.

Hadn't been looking for JT during that time so not sure if this is new or if he wasn't listed since he was on PUP, but still think he should've been listed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

ballard has totally messed up this taylor thing, he cant keep his only game changer

Season 4 Ok GIF by The Office

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I've checked this page a lot in preseason to figure out who some guys were during games.

Hadn't been looking for JT during that time so not sure if this is new or if he wasn't listed since he was on PUP, but still think he should've been listed.

He’s been listed all preseason long on there. Is he still on the depth chart page as RB1?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

As long as drama ends today. 

One way or the other it will within the next 11.5 hours.

Either trade him

Transfer to regular season PUP (minimum 4 games missed)

Activate him to active roster

1 of those 3 will happen