Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

35 minutes ago, colts89 said:

That's great value for a RB.

If we can get some non-contender team who thinks it's in their best interest to sellout for a star RB, that'd ofc be preferable, but they have got to have a really dumb GM to go for it.

Where’s Grigson when you need him?

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’d just be cautious because as we’ve seen over and over just because some random person on twitter says so doesn’t mean it’s true yet some think everything tweeted is indeed fact.

Thanks, I don't think anyone is taking any of these as fact. 

This is just a Dolphins person saying someone who could be a potential fit for a deal.

Not that the deal is for him.

Just now, w87r said:

Thanks, I don't think anyone is taking any of these as fact. 

This is just a Dolphins person saying someone who could be a potential fit for a deal.

Not that the deal is for him.

I was just talking about tweets in general from random people on twitter not that tweet specifically per say.

34 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

This is why I think the Dolphins are the team that will take the plunge.  Taylor will put them in that arms race.  Colts are going to receive a number of offers I believe. They can work them to get a very nice return.  Hope we get a starting player.

Why Does This Keep Happening GIF by Aurora Consulting: Business, Insurance, Financing Experts

6 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Anyone burn their JT jerseys yet? I luckily didnt buy one, but I’d happily participate in a nice big bonfire that should be started on JTs agents lawn!

I’ve made it a point to never buy a running back jersey for any team. Just not worth it. 

27 minutes ago, Colts.sb41 said:

Is this guy credible? I’ve never heard of him but that means nothing.

Don't take anything anyone says as fact from Twitter rumors.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Bears have reached out though.

As has been said here in the thread, Bears have extra picks, they have a lot of cap space and the even have former Colts coach, so a lot of connections there.

Edit: Also a RB need.

• Like 6

Beats make sense as it would make them competitors in their division. You’d have to worry about JT and Fields in the backfield. Plus stacked boxes would open things up for their receivers on the outside.

On another note this is how it has been for the Colts. You solve one need and another pops up. We get our franchise QB and now our franchise RB wants a trade. It’s crazy to me that we have an off-ball LB who is making $20 million but can’t pay JT. We extend players like MAC and Hines, but not the guy who has been the entire offense for the last 3 seasons. And now it’ll be back to the draft for another RB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Never seen a three team trade in the NFL... You can do a sign and trade, it's a point of negotiation. What usually happens is the two teams agree to trade compensation, then the new team negotiates a contract, and the trade is official once the player passes a physical. Speaking of...

Technically, the trade isn't official unless the player can pass a physical. And once he passes a physical, he can't go back on PUP. It could work in the offseason, but once camp starts, no sir. So if Taylor were traded, he'd have to somehow find good health again, I guess.

Ok thanks.  I thought you couldn’t do an agreement between 2 teams contingent on the player getting an extension for some reason.  That’s what I meant by 3 party.  An agreement between the teams contingent on an an agreement to the new team and the player.  

I have a feeling we might see some miraculous healing magic, but that would depend on MIA giving up a 1st from what someone posted here according to a source.

Do American football trainers have that magic spray that works so well in association football players?  That might work for Taylor if they haven’t tried it yet.

Just now, Indeee said:

I saw where the Browns freed up cap by restructuring Garrett right around the time the Taylor announcement hit. :thinking:

Trade em Taylor for Nick Chubb, if they would like, at this point.

They might be looking to make a move elsewhere, but it wasn't for Taylor.

There a re a lot of teams that have just been loading for this season. It could get interesting.

12 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Ok thanks.  I thought you couldn’t do an agreement between 2 teams contingent on the player getting an extension for some reason.  That’s what I meant by 3 party.  An agreement between the teams contingent on an an agreement to the new team and the player.  

I have a feeling we might see some miraculous healing magic, but that would depend on MIA giving up a 1st from what someone posted here according to a source.

Do American football trainers have that magic spray that works so well in association football players?  That might work for Taylor if they haven’t tried it yet.

Ah. That's what we did with the Buckner trade. It happens a couple times a year. 

20 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Beats make sense as it would make them competitors in their division. You’d have to worry about JT and Fields in the backfield. Plus stacked boxes would open things up for their receivers on the outside.

On another note this is how it has been for the Colts. You solve one need and another pops up. We get our franchise QB and now our franchise RB wants a trade. It’s crazy to me that we have an off-ball LB who is making $20 million but can’t pay JT. We extend players like MAC and Hines, but not the guy who has been the entire offense for the last 3 seasons. And now it’ll be back to the draft for another RB.

But they also don’t know if he’s healthy 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Ah. That's what we did with the Buckner trade. It happens a couple times a year. 

Not to quibble because that situation is different.  In the NBA I think the trading team signs the guy then trades him.  I think I’m not sure though.

was the buck deal a signed deal to get that money or was a a “gentleman’s agreement” between the Colts and Buck?

if that were the case I think a gentleman’s agreement between Bears or MIA and JT would possibly be problematic.

16 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

There’s no way the Colts seriously expect to get a first-round pick for Taylor. A 2 would be surprising — Ballard wouldn’t be able to say yes fast enough. 

A 4 or 5 Round pick is probably the best case scenario.

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Not to quibble because that situation is different.  In the NBA I think the trading team signs the guy then trades him.  I think I’m not sure though.

was the buck deal a signed deal to get that money or was a a “gentleman’s agreement” between the Colts and Buck?

if that were the case I think a gentleman’s agreement between Bears or MIA and JT would possibly be problematic.

https://overthecap.com/player/deforest-buckner/4720

"The Colts signed DeForest Buckner to a four year, $84 million contract extension that will be executed once a trade is finalized between the Colts and 49ers. "

Extension was after the trade, but more than likely agreed to prior. "Gentleman's Agreement" like you said.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Yes I am. I’m also old enough to know there’s two sides to that story and really the Baltimore city council and the state of Maryland are to blame for that,  not Irsay 

A defender of Bob Irsay. That must be a lonely place. If you were going to refute my comments it would have been more sensible to say Jim Irsay is a much better person and probably also felt a little bad about Johnny Unitas and the Mayflower.

3 hours ago, colts89 said:

It'll be interesting to see what comes from this. I still doubt there'll be any good offers from contenders until late in the season if Taylor has proven he's healthy.

If they trade him for scraps to get away from the drama, then that's just stupid. At worst, keep him stashed on PUP.

Who says it needs to be a contender?  Stupid trades are made all the time.

3 minutes ago, azcolt said:

A defender of Bob Irsay. That must be a lonely place. If you were going to refute my comments it would have been more sensible to say Jim Irsay is a much better person and probably also felt a little bad about Johnny Unitas and the Mayflower.

No, he's not a Bob Irsay defender, he's "correct" go check it out.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

But we have plenty of cap to pay him. You do understand that right?

Crazy is Paying the guy even $12m. We don't Need him. Steichen has assured them we will be fine as long as we have an excellent o-line. 

That will take at least one more off season.