Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

lol

Taylor's worth is a late 1st or multiple 2nd/3rd rounders. Now, no one is going to offer that, but still.

The Colts don't have to trade him. All the fans saying to trade him away to ignore the drama are being incredibly emotional about this. When the season starts, and he's still on PUP, we will all be focused on Richardson, not Taylor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

All I know is this is a evaluation year so I am not even that mad if he gets traded. We will find another great back next year.

I just want to know how it got to this point. Something weird had to go down for Taylor to start acting like this.

He didn’t get his Campbell’s soup. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

If healthy perhaps what asking; not a chance.

If he's not healthy, no sane team will be trading for him any value that the Colts would be interested in. That's why this whole situation is very interesting.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

All I know is this is a evaluation year so I am not even that mad if he gets traded. We will find another great back next year.

I just want to know how it got to this point. Something weird had to go down for Taylor to start acting like this.

Maybe it's just as simple as Taylor wanting to play for a contender now...Doesn't want to participate in the growing pains of AR.

Maybe he's just using money as an excuse to get out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

lol

Good for them. Lets see if anyone bites...  2nd and 3d-4th is about what I expect. Maybe Achane and 2nd would be good. 

Achane got injured in the pre-season so it might be additional factor to the Dolphins wanting to trade for Taylor and the injury is still not serious enough to dissuade the Colts I guess... (listed week-to-week)

This is a Miami beat reporter:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I don’t think you can do NBA style sign and trades in the NFL.  @Superman do you know about that?  You are the contract guru around here.  Can you do a deal a 3 party sign and trade in this league?

Never seen a three team trade in the NFL... You can do a sign and trade, it's a point of negotiation. What usually happens is the two teams agree to trade compensation, then the new team negotiates a contract, and the trade is official once the player passes a physical. Speaking of...

21 minutes ago, Nickster said:

You can’t be traded on the MLB DL.  Can you be traded on the PuP?

Technically, the trade isn't official unless the player can pass a physical. And once he passes a physical, he can't go back on PUP. It could work in the offseason, but once camp starts, no sir. So if Taylor were traded, he'd have to somehow find good health again, I guess.

• Like 2

Colts put it out there they want a 1st and/or, combination or similar, just posturing, depending on if an offer comes from a team like the Cardinals or a contender. Taylor should be worth a high 2nd, and a 3-4 round pick.  Other option is a starter, and lower pick4-5 round, hoping for OL starter

18 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

A - No owner or coach is EVER going to say “yeah we want to trade this guy.”

B - It should have been expected with the new way teams are practicing. Why trot AR out there with a line made up of 2nd/3rd/PS guys and risk him getting injured for a meaningless game? 

Use some freaking common sense. 

Your not using any common sense I was just saying they should have told us he wasn’t playing is all I saying read before you make terrible comments. 

Just now, stitches said:

They also signed Conner, but Taylor is a different level of player. Maybe they would like a swap +/- some picks? 

The Cardinals don't have much for a backup to Connor besides Keontay Ingram. A Connor/Taylor backfield would be really good. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Not necessarily correct.  Giving him permission to "seek a trade" isn't the same as trading him.  He'll see that the market isn't what he thinks it ought be.  Possibly just teaching him a lesson in reality?

Yeah, I hope your right and I think you are and how can you trade someone who claiming injury. 

1 minute ago, Lifetime Colt said:

Colts put it out there they want a 1st and/or, combination or similar, just posturing, depending on if an offer comes from a team like the Cardinals or a contender. Taylor should be worth a high 2nd, and a 3-4 round pick.  Other option is a starter, and lower pick4-5 round, hoping for OL starter

I’m thinking Dolphins will set JT trade market with whatever package they offer.   Not sure why the Dolphins do not run with who they already have, but here we are…They seem to be pushing for a SB run before Tyreek Hill retires.  JT would for sure make that offense even more scary

• Like 1

Just now, superrep1967 said:

Your not using any common sense I was just saying they should have told us he wasn’t playing is all I saying read before you make terrible comments. 

My not using any common sense? Oh. You mean “you’re.” Sorry.

They shouldn’t HAVE to announce that their rookie QB won’t be playing behind a line made out of tissue paper in a meaningless preseason game AFTER they said he had two great days of practice against them. Is this your first preseason game? I’ve been to a few, and I don’t recall them ever announcing that Peyton or Andrew weren’t playing. I didn’t get upset and start ranting online about it. 

Sorry you think I made “terrible” comments, but you’re crying about spilled milk. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

Never seen a three team trade in the NFL... You can do a sign and trade, it's a point of negotiation. What usually happens is the two teams agree to trade compensation, then the new team negotiates a contract, and the trade is official once the player passes a physical. Speaking of...

Technically, the trade isn't official unless the player can pass a physical. And once he passes a physical, he can't go back on PUP. It could work in the offseason, but once camp starts, no sir. So if Taylor were traded, he'd have to somehow find good health again, I guess.

The colts, bills and rams pulled off a three team trade previously…..1987 I believe 

• Thanks 1