Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blake Freeland

Dark Superman

He is about to get a good dose of the trial by fire that Bernard got last year. Let us all remember that, even though we had a good win last week, this is still a building/growing year for us. Let's keep that same energy with the team tomorrow.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KB said:

He is about to get a good dose of the trial by fire that Bernard got last year. Let us all remember that, even though we had a good win last week, this is still a building/growing year for us. Let's keep that same energy with the team tomorrow.

The reps will serve him well in the long term. I expect things to look ugly at times but hopefully, Blake can come in and put in a serviceable performance and show us why the Colts drafted him in the fourth round throughout the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

How many sacks will he be charged with in the game?  I will guess two.  How many holding calls or other penalties will he be charged with?  I will guess three.  I Hope I’m wrong but let’s hope they give him some help out there.

So about what we would expect from Smith. 

34 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Does not look like a strong man in this picture. Maybe he is not sure.

Don’t get me wrong he’s probably stronger than you and I, but that was kind of the knock for him was his strength. Athletic as the day is long and a solid chunk of clay but needed and NFL strength program to get him where he needs to be. Kind of the exact same as Raimann. It might be a little rough initially but I have high hopes for the kid eventually taking over for Smith.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

How many sacks will he be charged with in the game?  I will guess two.  How many holding calls or other penalties will he be charged with?  I will guess three.  I Hope I’m wrong but let’s hope they give him some help out there.

I think Freeland will do fine, man for man, blocking his assigned defenders. I worry more, the sacks and penalties be a result of, blitzes and stunts, where the Colts line is not adjusted to compensate

7 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Two thumbs up for pessimism 

9 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Feel like LA is gonna move Donald around on the line. May have to use a lot of TE blocking and doubles. 

Donald vs RG or LT, I can definitely see. I’m fine with a sack or two as long as there aren’t fumbles and Steichen adapts accordingly quickly.

That’s part of the game. Overall we just need to make more plays for the scoreboard than them, that’s all that matters.

18 hours ago, richard pallo said:

He’s going to get beat, everyone does! Can we minimise the mistakes (holding, false starts)?

Expect the colts to run the ball a lot, a lot, hopefully without another concussion to AR 🫣

Go Colts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

How did Freeland do against LAR?

Frankly I thought he played better than I expected. Yes he couldn't handle Donald but not many can. May have played as well as  Raimann did in his first game. Hope he turns out as well as Raimann has.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

Frankly I thought he played better than I expected. Yes he couldn't handle Donald but not many can. May have played as well as  Raimann did in his first game. Hope he turns out as well as Raimann has.

i think he did as good as anyone could've expected

• Like 1

I saw good and bad from him which is to be expected for a rookie making his first start.  The positive thing is I saw more positive than bad.  I think he showed promise but teams will now have film on him as well to attack him.  Still a good start and better than Raimann had in his first outing so that’s promising.  

• Like 1