Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts rams predictions

Stephen

Im not too optimistic! With the amount of space our dbs give wrs, Stafford could have a field day! Nacua could have 20+catches against us! So it all depends if our DLine can get any sort of pressure on Stafford! Plus, I’m sure Aaron Donald will lineup across from Smith or French Fries, so he will probably cause our offense a ton of problems!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, IndyEric07 said:

Im not too optimistic! With the amount of space our dbs give wrs, Stafford could have a field day! Nacua could have 20+catches against us! So it all depends if our DLine can get any sort of pressure on Stafford! Plus, I’m sure Aaron Donald will lineup across from Smith or French Fries, so he will probably cause our offense a ton of problems!

Stafford tends to hold onto the ball longer than most QBs. In fact, he ranks near the top in average time between snap and passing (or pressure) at 2.7 seconds. (Source) The Colts' pass rush did a pretty good job against Lamar Jackson, who gets rid of the ball fairly quickly (just 2.2 seconds) AND is mobile. So I feel like that's a good matchup. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Colts 27

Rams 17

With Richardson back, this will be a good matchup for us. Should be able to run and pass on them, and score at will. Their offense is good, but we should be able to stop them enough to pull off a convincing victory.

We improve to 3-1.

I have the same, we win by 10.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

stafford is fourth in passing yards just behind herbert, he is dangerous deep

Stafford has always thrown for a lot of yards. This season many have been in garbage time. That was like Stroud last week against us. People were saying I was dissing Stroud when I said Stroud did not play great, it was based on the Yards he threw for. Many of those yards were meaningless because we were way ahead and was playing prevent, You have to take that into account. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stafford has always thrown for a lot of yards. This season many have been in garbage time. That was like Stroud last week against us. People were saying I was dissing Stroud when I said Stroud did not play great, it was based on the Yards he threw for. Many of those yards were meaningless because we were way ahead and was playing prevent, You have to take that into account. 

you are right , yards dont mean anything unless they lead to points. stats dont always translate into wins. stats are more important to fans and sports writers

2 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

our o-line gave up 5 sacks against the ravens, 3 by an unblocked player, coaches should have had an answer for that after the first one. hope they get that fixed

I believe the OL was only dinged for two sacks.  The other three were charged elsewhere.  One on Moss for missing his block.  The other two the blitzer was free and unaccounted for.  The OL doesn’t get charged for that.  They stopped their defenders.  Most likely on the quarterback for not anticipating the blitz and checking to a different play or protection scheme.

• Like 1

This game is an interesting test of our leadership.  Can we be up for this game after last week’s big win?  I expect a close game, and I wish Quenton were healthy to deal with Donald.   But, always the optimist (seriously, I predicted a 10-point win over the Ravens), I’ll go Indy 24, Rams 23.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KentuckyFan said:

21 was based on rams getting 3 TD’s…but I like the thought of getting 2 safeties! Lol

2 safeties, 1 TD, and a drop kick field goal by Richardson to go with the 5 50 plus by Gay.

After last weeks game nothing would surprise me.

Welcome to the board, good to have you on here

• Like 1