Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

KC released Darius Rush (Merge)

Patrick Miller

• Shive changed the title to KC released Darius Rush (Merge)

Rush was always going to be a guy with high end traits that would need a little bit of time to develop since he was so new to playing CB. Since KC had to sign him to their 53 man roster when they claimed him off waivers, I figured it was a matter of time before he got cut. It's not an indictment on him being NFL caliber or not, just that he's not there yet.

I'd love to get him on our practice squad. You have to wonder if KC would offer a spot on theirs and if he'd rather stay there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Might be too late by then. I bet if they knew Richardson and this team was going to look this good they might of went after a vet or two after they rodgers thing.  

They did, they have Chris Lammons.  He will be back week four after his suspension is up.  Not saying he will be a game changer but he’s the level of vet corner you were going to get then or now for that matter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think we are ok at safety.

I’d agree okay.  My point was if they had Gilmore, Rodgers, and Moore at corner along with everyone else they have those units are all really really good, in some cases (DT and LB) as good as you will find in the league.  The safeties are just okay, which isn’t bad but they would be the clear weak spot in the defense.

46 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I’m not sure but if you put in a claim does he have to be on the 53?  I thought you can only be out on ps is after you clear wavers.  I could be off

If he's claimed off of waivers he has to go to the 53 man roster. I doubt we do that since we waived him initially to put him onto the practice squad. He made it all the way to the last waiver spot before, so I imagine he'll clear waivers and can be signed to a PS (hopefully ours).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Might be too late by then. I bet if they knew Richardson and this team was going to look this good they might of went after a vet or two after they rodgers thing.  

We have Darren Hall dont forget,much better then Lammons 

Darren Hall-         31 games, 10 starts, 9 starts last season. PFF grade- 65,5 2022

Chris Lammons-  42 games, 0 starts PFF grade-  44.4 2022

Hall is 6'1, Lammons 5'9

28 minutes ago, Shive said:

If he's claimed off of waivers he has to go to the 53 man roster. I doubt we do that since we waived him initially to put him onto the practice squad. He made it all the way to the last waiver spot before, so I imagine he'll clear waivers and can be signed to a PS (hopefully ours).

That's what i thought.  Thank you

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

They did, they have Chris Lammons.  He will be back week four after his suspension is up.  Not saying he will be a game changer but he’s the level of vet corner you were going to get then or now for that matter.

I remember, watching in this preseason and was not impressed with Lammons. He was toast several times

9 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I’m not sure but if you put in a claim does he have to be on the 53?  I thought you can only be out on ps is after you clear wavers.  I could be off

Good question……I think you’re right he would have to go on our 53 if it’s a waiver claim. If he passes thru waivers then we can get him to the practice squad 

• Like 1

Nico ran that same skinny post and CJ hit him in stride every time. Baker played the outside leverage BUT the Cover 2 is designed to have a backer drop back into coverage AND safety help over the top. All three have to work in unison. It is not working and everyone is piling on Baker…….go back and watch the game, number 39 wasn’t the only one that got beat on that route. That is not me saying Baker is great, but, young guys with no NFL experience learn on the fly just like Flowers, Brent’s, Jones and Rush (if he gets re-signed)……the only difference is fans will be screaming that Brents and Jones are busts too. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think Rush is the answer. I think with his good this team has looked they need to go see if they can find a vet.

Agreed.  If he was waived by two different teams, both in his initial year, then he's probably not the answer.  For any team.  A depth player?  Sure.  A special teams player?  Sure.  The Answer?  Ehhh....

3 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Secondary is young and learning. Too late to pick up a Vet unless one becomes available 

I don't even want a Vet to be honest. Playing time is what is going to make all the youngsters better in the long haul. It's growing pains and to get better they all need the playing time.

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Agreed.  If he was waived by two different teams, both in his initial year, then he's probably not the answer.  For any team.  A depth player?  Sure.  A special teams player?  Sure.  The Answer?  Ehhh....

I don’t want him back to be the answer I want him back to develop him.  The Colts saw something they liked that made them draft him in the fifth round.  That’s why I suggested the practice squad.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I don't even want a Vet to be honest. Playing time is what is going to make all the youngsters better in the long haul. It's growing pains and to get better they all need the playing time.

I’m with you on that fact they need to get those lumps, but they can still learn more from the help of a Vet. Need Brents to play as well.