Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AR vs Young vs Stroud vs Levis

csmopar

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes I did, I think you have said it a lot.

But that doesn't answer my question as to whether or not you think that the statement "threw a pick to lose the game" is a sincere description of what happened if someone watched the game? 

No, that is not accurate. He played to win. I would rather someone throw an interception than keep the ball or make a safe play that is guaranteed to lose the game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think the problem that folks saw was that you did not seem to give Levis credit for playing well. The numbers did not show how well he played. That is why I don't like stats. They do not accurately show how someone played.

People put too much into stats and pff! If a lb leads the team in tackles, but 90% are 5-10 yards down field, that’s not a good lb.

• Like 1

Just now, husker61 said:

People put too much into stats and pff! If a lb leads the team in tackles, but 90% are 5-10 yards down field, that’s not a good lb.

Not to mention that if a linebacker is making a ton of tackles it means the defensive line isn’t getting the job done. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colts89 said:

I did see the game. A passer rating of 66.4 for 221 yards, 0 TDs and 1 Int to lose the game was what I imagined Levis to do for the most part lol.

AR also has a higher completion percentage than Levis at this point (59.5% vs 56.4%) , and that was supposedly his biggest negative coming into the draft.

They are rookies. Fans are too critical of players, especially QBs. They will get better with practice and play.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, husker61 said:

People put too much value into volume stats without context. I'm not crazy about PFF but it gives you a more objective way to judge how someone played. So, I can appreciate it. Volume stats are just that -- volume stats that don't say how someone got those stats.

I would rather a RB who gets positive yardage every carry rather than one that gets 80 yards on one carry and negative yards/short yards in all other carries. They both may get 100 yards, but the one that got positive yardage most of his carries is more efficient.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RollerColt said:

We might have to put Aiden O'Connell on here as well since he might be the starter for the rest of the way. Maybe Jaren Hall too. 

Seriously, this season has to be a record for so many rookie QBs starting this season. And if even half of them have mild success, we could be looking at one of the best draft classes in years. 

Where's the love for Tyson Bagent, Rollercolt???  lol.  i'm just kidding.  I like his moxy though.

8 hours ago, a06cc said:

4 games from Richardson only showed me he can’t take a hit. Some of you need to start being honest with yourselves on this. 

What are your thoughts on Matthew Stafford's toughness?  Do you think he can take a hit?  He had the same issue and may be the toughest qb in the league right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Where's the love for Tyson Bagent, Rollercolt???  lol.  i'm just kidding.  I like his moxy though.

I liked it too. But I think Fields will retake the starting role once he’s healed. Meanwhile, Garappolo is most likely done (benched on his bday… how cold) and Cousins is out for the year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

What are your thoughts on Matthew Stafford's toughness?  Do you think he can take a hit?  He had the same issue and may be the toughest qb in the league right now.

I remember that one game where he dislocated his shoulder, and stayed in the game to win. Dude’s a dawg.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I liked it too. But I think Fields will retake the starting role once he’s healed. Meanwhile, Garappolo is most likely done (benched on his bday… how cold) and Cousins is out for the year. 

I think we should keep it at the 4 QBs that had the chance to be drafted by the Colts. I don't think the Colts would have drafted Hall or O'Connell or Bagent. However, if many people want to add them, I guess we can. I think the thread will be too big.

Btw, I think Clayton Tune will be the QB in Arizona now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think we should keep it at the 4 QBs that had the chance to be drafted by the Colts. I don't think the Colts would have drafted Hall or O'Connell or Bagent. However, if many people want to add them, I guess we can. I think it will be too big.

Yes, you’re right. And holy cow I missed that on Clayton. 

Okay I really want to research this. It has got to be a record for so many to start in the same season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RollerColt said:

We might have to put Aiden O'Connell on here as well since he might be the starter for the rest of the way. Maybe Jaren Hall too. 

Seriously, this season has to be a record for so many rookie QBs starting this season. And if even half of them have mild success, we could be looking at one of the best draft classes in years. 

I had Aiden as my dark horse candidate for being the best QB out of all this class. I’m watching to see how he does. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I had Aiden as my dark horse candidate for being the best QB out of all this class. I’m watching to see how he does. 

Wow. I wonder why the Vikes did not draft him? Fear of accusations of nepotism? He is the head coach's cousin. He is Kevin O'Connell's younger cousins.

Levis has a big-time arm. Probably as strong as anyone in the NFL. I don’t know how many picks he had but the Steelers dropped two more that I saw. He also sits in the pocket too long. I honestly don’t know who I’d rather have right now — Levis or AR. It’s an interesting debate. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Wow. I wonder why the Vikes did not draft him? Fear of accusations of nepotism? He is the head coach's cousin. He is Kevin O'Connell's younger cousins.

It’s his accuracy, his senior year, he’s better than most all the QBs ahead of him with a far weaker supporting class, and his work ethic. He’s a much better pocket passer though and in this day and age, pure pocket passers aren’t all the rage. But if a team is patient with him, I think I’m three years time, he could be the next Drew Brees for whatever team gives him that chance. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It’s his accuracy, his senior year, he’s better than most all the QBs ahead of him with a far weaker supporting class, and his work ethic. He’s a much better pocket passer though and in this day and age, pure pocket passers aren’t all the rage. But if a team is patient with him, I think I’m three years time, he could be the next Drew Brees for whatever team gives him that chance. 

Are you saying that his accuracy and work ethic are reasons that he was not drafted higher?

I would think Kevin O'Connell would have pressured the GM to draft his cousin if he is that good.

12 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Levis has a big-time arm. Probably as strong as anyone in the NFL. I don’t know how many picks he had but the Steelers dropped two more that I saw. He also sits in the pocket too long. I honestly don’t know who I’d rather have right now — Levis or AR. It’s an interesting debate. 

I think Indy made the right choice so long as AR protects himself going forward and the coaching staff stops with all the designed runs. Richardson has more talent than Levis and maybe a slightly better arm. He also better with his pocket awareness. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I think Indy made the right choice so long as AR protects himself going forward and the coaching staff stops with all the designed runs. Richardson has more talent than Levis and maybe a slightly better arm. He also better with his pocket awareness. 

Man, I don’t know about AR having a better arm. I agree w pocket awareness. Health is a huge separator so we will see on that. 

3 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Man, I don’t know about AR having a better arm. I agree w pocket awareness. Health is a huge separator so we will see on that. 

Did you watch the Combine? Richardson's arm was on display. He looked great.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Are you saying that his accuracy and work ethic are reasons that he was not drafted higher?

I would think Kevin O'Connell would have pressured the GM to draft his cousin if he is that good.

No, I’m saying that they’re reasons to watch him develop. Each year, he got better and better at Purdue, coaches say his work ethic was off the charts higher than any other player they had. 

he didn’t have the wins or killer stats to set him apart. That and Purdue isn’t exactly the cradle of QBs it was under Joe Tiller. So really, Purdue hasn’t produced a decent QB since Kyle Orton

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think we should keep it at the 4 QBs that had the chance to be drafted by the Colts. I don't think the Colts would have drafted Hall or O'Connell or Bagent. However, if many people want to add them, I guess we can. I think the thread will be too big.

It’s interesting qb rookie class for sure.  But I would keep the thread to the guys who were projected to go top 15.  

• Like 1

We will see how things pan out with AR.  I'm hoping his injuries were just bad luck.  Not trying to stir the pot, but where are all the  people that were absolutely drooling over Levis after his first game and saying that he's better than AR?  He had a terrible game last night.  Not trying to dog him, he's a rookie after all, but people were acting like he's for sure better than AR and going on how great he's going to be just because of one game last Sunday.  He's a rookie.  Way too early to tell after just one game.  A bit of trivia - Mariota had 4TDs/0INTs in his first game with the Titans as well, so you can never make predictions after one game played.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mirobi48 said:

Took some shots those shots he took probably would have ended ARs career. Not being mean some QBs can take shots and others cannot without getting hurt and so far AR is one that gets hurt all the time

Imagine if AR had the type of game Levis had last night. Colts fans would be crucifying Ballard for drafting him .

26 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

We will see how things pan out with AR.  I'm hoping his injuries were just bad luck.  Not trying to stir the pot, but where are all the  people that were absolutely drooling over Levis after his first game and saying that he's better than AR?  He had a terrible game last night.  Not trying to dog him, he's a rookie after all, but people were acting like he's for sure better than AR and going on how great he's going to be just because of one game last Sunday.  He's a rookie.  Way too early to tell after just one game.  A bit of trivia - Mariota had 4TDs/0INTs in his first game with the Titans as well, so you can never make predictions after one game played.  

He honestly didn't have a terrible game last night. The steelers blitzed the whole game and his INT came on a desperation play at the end of the game.

As a matter of fact, the whole post game crew started the show talking about how wowed they all were by Levis and how they think he definitely belongs as a starting QB in the NFL....and even in the loss, he looked special

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Definitely rather have Levis...but I felt that way before the draft, also...his o line is horrible and he has no weapons other than an aging Hopkins 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShuteAt168 said:

I dunno if his pocket awareness is that good...or if he just runs if his 1st read isn't open, making it appear that he's getting away from a sack

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

I dunno if his pocket awareness is that good...or if he just runs if his 1st read isn't open, making it appear that he's getting away from a sack

AR's pocket awareness and overall ability dwarfs Levis's...you will see over time and most likely , you will disappear when AR matures and becomes one of the faces of the league.

Also, I'll let you know how the two stack up when AR is 24 years old  ( Levis is 24 right now) in 3 years.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

AR's pocket awareness and overall ability dwarfs Levis's...you will see over time and most likely , you will disappear when AR matures and becomes one of the faces of the league.

Also, I'll let you know how the two stack up when AR is 24 years old  ( Levis is 24 right now) in 3 years.

I am just going off of the stats we have today.

2 hours ago, mirobi48 said:

Took some shots those shots he took probably would have ended ARs career. Not being mean some QBs can take shots and others cannot without getting hurt and so far AR is one that gets hurt all the time

The thing is AR would have taken less shots than what Levis did because of his pocket awareness and his ability to move. 

Overall from catching up on this thread, I think people (not necessarily to you mirobi48) are overreacting a bit when it comes to AR being out for the season. Injuries happen and concussions happen, doesn't mean a player is made of glass until there's multiple seasons of being injured. I mean look at Roethlisberger he had alot of injuries that for awhile it was rare for him to play every game but still had a great career. You can also look to last year to Tua last year who had his back injury and the concussions, which he's been healthy this year (so far). When it comes to AR right now I just consider it a fluke of him falling just the wrong way, but he played well in his style of game in my opinion and we will see what next year brings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Very valid point. Lamar Jackson was young too and after 5 years of being starter, he’s only 26 years old. Plus, AR was drafted for what he will be coached to become.