Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AR vs Young vs Stroud vs Levis

csmopar

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'd make the trade.   First, a QB has to be playing to benefit the team.  AR has missed too much time for me to be confident he will be the QB of this team for years to come.

Let people laugh. AR is out for the season while all other rookies have taken hits and will be playing next week. 

• Like 1

Like with Brady and Peyton, we now have a Levis vs Richardson problem on this Colts forum because both were in striking distance for the Colts in the draft. :) 

After a while, folks realized they didn't need to put down Brady to prop up Peyton. Each one is HOF on their own merits. Similarly, I don't necessarily feel the need to put down Levis to prop up AR because each one is capable of winning games their own way, which is what their teams are trying to do.

Let us just be football fans first, it makes everything a whole lot easier.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Again, seems people buying into injury prone narratives.  Generally poor to do but especially off a small NFL sample size.  Saw more from Richardson than Levis in their two small sample sizes.

anybody could miss a season at a moment’s notice.  Happened to Brady and Manning.  CMC was always hurt until he wasn’t.  Most here would’ve said CMC was someone to fade as he’s injury prone.  Since then, not missed a game and been a beast.

again, fade the injury prone narratives as they are generally not accurate takes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Nate! said:

Again, seems people buying into injury prone narratives.  Generally poor to do but especially off a small NFL sample size.  Saw more from Richardson than Levis in their two small sample sizes.

anybody could miss a season at a moment’s notice.  Happened to Brady and Manning.  CMC was always hurt until he wasn’t.  Most here would’ve said CMC was someone to fade as he’s injury prone.  Since then, not missed a game and been a beast.

again, fade the injury prone narratives as they are generally not accurate takes

I disagree.   They are not always accurate but should be considered.  AR has missed allot of time in his first season.   That is concerning.  I hope it doesn't continue, but it is a legitimate worry.  I felt the same way about RG3.   He was amazing when he played but missed too much playing time.    

29 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'd make the trade.   First, a QB has to be playing to benefit the team.  AR has missed too much time for me to be confident he will be the QB of this team for years to come.

You give up on AR after a shoulder injury and only playing 5 games, ok that is your opinion. People now days have 0 patience, it makes me want to do this Screaming Homer Simpson GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You give up on AR after a shoulder injury and only playing 5 games, ok that is your opinion. People now days have 0 patience, it makes me want to do this Screaming Homer Simpson GIF

Nope, not give up.   Can't do that.   But I would trade him for another QB of nearly equal potential that does not get injured as much.

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Like with Brady and Peyton, we now have a Levis vs Richardson problem on this Colts forum because both were in striking distance for the Colts in the draft. :) 

After a while, folks realized they didn't need to put down Brady to prop up Peyton. Each one is HOF on their own merits. Similarly, I don't necessarily feel the need to put down Levis to prop up AR because each one is capable of winning games their own way, which is what their teams are trying to do.

Well said.  I think some folks may feel the need to create separation between their favorite and the other guy.  One way to do that is to say the other guy sucks more than my favorite, so my choice is still validated.

I think 3 of the 4 have a very good shot at being very good QBs.  Young I have reservations.  

And in the end, my favorite football is competent football.    But if the Colts aren't that, I can still root even for TEN, HOU and JAX if their QBs are playing well.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Myles said:

I disagree.   They are not always accurate but should be considered.  AR has missed allot of time in his first season.   That is concerning.  I hope it doesn't continue, but it is a legitimate worry.  I felt the same way about RG3.   He was amazing when he played but missed too much playing time.    

Correct in that they are not accurate. Injuries are almost always flukey.  Random.  We don’t like to admit it but it’s generally true.   Some are going to be statistically unlucky and some will be statistically lucky.  I say generally.  Some folks do have underlying issues which bring about more injury.  Think ACL tears.  Common I get compensation injuries the following year 

1 hour ago, Nate! said:

He's a running quarterback who so far seems like he may not be able to take many hits without getting injured. Of course the concern with running quarterbacks has always been that they tend to take more hits, get injured more often, and have shorter careers. It's a concern to some degree about every running quarterback, isn't it? But sure, no concern at all at this point about Richardson potentially being injury prone. It's just a narrative.

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With the many QB’s we’ve had since Luck. Yeah patiences are running thin. The dude can’t take a hit. It’s proven because as you see all rookie QB are still playing and ours is out for the season 

Just now, a06cc said:

With the many QB’s we’ve had since Luck. Yeah patiences are running thin. The dude can’t take a hit. It’s proven because as you see all rookie QB are still playing and ours is out for the season 

Matt Stafford had the same injury his rookie year and missed a lot of games even in his 2nd year. His career turned out fine, he will probably make the Hall of Fame. There are other QB's too that have bounced back and played great. Lamar is doing it this year and he was injured the last couple years. He is even a running QB first. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Stafford had the same injury his rookie year and missed a lot of games even in his 2nd year. His career turned out fine, he will probably make the Hall of Fame. There are other QB's too that have bounced back and played great. Lamar is doing it this year and he was injured the last couple years. He is even a running QB first. 

Stop trying to be rational 2006. Obviously 'running' QBs are the only ones that get hurt and 5 games is all it takes to make that clever observation.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He isn’t Matt though. Matt knew how to throw coming out of college

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Great post. I agree 1000%. Problem I have is if someone is going to nitpick and make negative posts about AR over and over, then I can do the same as can anyone in here about Stroud, Levis or whoever. Folks can't have it both ways. I prefer to be unbiased and just judge what I see on the field game to game. With this being a Colts site, I am not going to let someone throw AR under the bus when he actually hasn't played that badly. Then turn around and say Levis is much better with nothing to back that up except 1 game.

4 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Stop trying to be rational 2006. Obviously 'running' QBs are the only ones that get hurt and 5 games is all it takes to make that clever observation.

At 255 pounds can’t take a hit. You can’t prove it wrong because he’s out for the season 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What if he plays every game next year and Levis gets injured? It could happen easily with the hits these guys take.

What if’s and next year aren’t what we’re talking about today. All I know is fact. He is out for the season. We’ve seen all of these rookies take hits and are still playing. Would like to know where I’m wrong?

6 minutes ago, a06cc said:

What if’s and next year aren’t what we’re talking about today. All I know is fact. He is out for the season. We’ve seen all of these rookies take hits and are still playing. Would like to know where I’m wrong?

Regarding AR being injured, you aren't wrong, of course that is fact. Assuming he won't last and is made of glass is just an opinion though. 

17 minutes ago, a06cc said:

At 255 pounds can’t take a hit. You can’t prove it wrong because he’s out for the season 

Ah yes AR only got hit on the play he got injured this season. And injuries certainly don't happen in the NFL.Go root for your boyDistracting College Basketball GIF

15 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Ah yes AR only got hit on the play he got injured this season. And injuries certainly don't happen in the NFL.Go root for your boyDistracting College Basketball GIF

He got hit by a guy that weights 190 pounds and got a concussion. But please go on. I know you’ll say “He was caught off guard” Absolute joke some of you *s are 

43 minutes ago, a06cc said:

He got hit by a guy that weights 190 pounds and got a concussion. But please you on

The # does his weight have anything to do with anything?? Do you think DBs haven't hit players hard in the NFL and won't continue to hit players hard going forward??? Did you see Burks get hospitalized yesterday by a hit from a DB??? Injuries happen to multiple players every week regardless of the position/facilitator of the hit (or their weight I guess lmao). It's the * NFL, and that's a lesson that AR needed to learn because he thought the 190 pound guy was just gonna bounce off him on that run so he slowed down.

It's hilarious seeing how many supposed Colts fans want AR to fail on this forum in particular. I for one want to see Stroud and Levis and Lawrence to have awful careers while in the AFC South because that would benefit my team greatly. Simple as.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, colts89 said:

The # does his weight have anything to do with anything?? Do you think DBs haven't hit players hard in the NFL and won't continue to hit players hard going forward??? Did you see Burks get hospitalized yesterday by a hit from a DB??? Injuries happen to multiple players every week regardless of the position/facilitator of the hit (or their weight I guess lmao). It's the * NFL, and that's a lesson that AR needed to learn because he thought the 190 pound guy was just gonna bounce off him on that run.

It's hilarious seeing how many supposed Colts fans want AR to fail on this forum in particular. I for one want to see Stroud and Levis and Lawrence to have awful careers while in the AFC South because that would benefit my team greatly. Simple as.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 that 190 pounds should’ve bounce off of a guy that weights 255. Burks isn’t AR’s size lmao 

40 minutes ago, a06cc said:

He is one of the youngest qbs to ever start in the league and the team made it clear he has a lot to learn and work on.

You cant say the fact that hes hurt now means hes injury prone forever, this is one of the things he needed to work on.  Doesnt mean he will be more injury prone than anyone else in the long run

Just now, a06cc said:

that 190 pounds should’ve bounce off of a guy that weights 255.

You are way too caught up on this, anyone could give anyone else a concussion.  It was actually the ground that did it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

He is one of the youngest qbs to ever start in the league and the team made it clear he has a lot to learn and work on.

You cant say the fact that hes hurt now means hes injury prone forever, this is one of the things he needed to work on.  Doesnt mean he will be more injury prone than anyone else in the long run

Has he made out of a game without an injury? Not once have I questioned his abilities. 

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

Has he made out of a game without an injury?

What part of he is the youngest starter ever dont you understand?  This is what he needs to work on and they told us that before he ever played

Hes not less durable than someone like tom brady, he hasnt learned to take hits in the league 

2 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

What part of he is the youngest starter ever dont you understand?  This is what he needs to work on and they told us that before he ever played

Doesn’t matter how young. It’s 2023 and every QB knows they need to protect themselves. From Josh Allen to Trevor telling him this. Oh we forgot about that though. I swear some of you are an absolute joke 

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Nope, not give up.   Can't do that.   But I would trade him for another QB of nearly equal potential that does not get injured as much.

No chance in hell I would trade Richardson for Levis.  And there's no question who has the higher upside between the two. I trust Steichen to be able to coach up Richardson and get the best out of him which should be better than a 2nd round pick QB in Levis. There's a reason why the entire league passed on him in the 1st round and I trust the majority of the league on this. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Doesn’t matter how young.

It does though.  He came in here with a lot to work on and this is what that looks like.

We had to be patient with the youngest starter ever and you are not doing that.  You are rushing to call him injury prone when working on taking hits is one of the very things he came in needing to work on and its a work in progress now

He was always going to need time and you are not giving him time

• Like 1

Just now, BlackTiger said:

It does though.  He came in here with a lot to work on and this is what that looks like.

We had to be patient with the youngest starter ever and you are not doing that.  You are rushing to call him injury prone when working on taking hits is one of the very things he came in needing to work on and its a work in progress now

You’re a joke. He was told several times to protect himself 

You’re a joke

lol he is literally among the youngest qbs ever and they made it clear he needed time

You are not giving him time, you're the joke jumping to conclusions rather than being patient and giving the guy time that came in needing time.  You have to be patient with a qb like him and you are not doing that

lol at I dont want to be patient with a young player!!!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

lol he is literally among the youngest qbs ever and they made it clear he needed time

You are not giving him time, you're the joke jumping to conclusions rather than being patient and giving the guy time that came in needing time.  You have to be patient with a qb like him and you are not doing that

No I’m not giving him time and you’re acting like NFL QB haven’t been telling him to protect himself 

No I’m not giving him time and you’re acting like NFL QB haven’t been telling him to protect himself 

He is learning it now,  its more complicated than just saying protect yourself. 

Tua has spent years working on this and it took a few seasons for him to get better at it

Dont act like the fact that hes hurt now means hes injury prone forever.  stop it

Its something that can be worked on and it can take time too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

He is learning it now,  its more complicated than just saying protect yourself. 

Tua has spent years working on this and it took a few seasons for him to get better at it

Dont act like the fact that hes hurt now means hes injury prone forever.  stop it

He is injury prone. Each game he’s come out with an injury. Tua also played 10 games to Richardson 2.5 total game playing time as rookies 

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

No chance in hell I would trade Richardson for Levis.  And there's no question who has the higher upside between the two. I trust Steichen to be able to coach up Richardson and get the best out of him which should be better than a 2nd round pick QB in Levis. There's a reason why the entire league passed on him in the 1st round and I trust the majority of the league on this. 

Have you watched either of Levis' first two games? I saw the one last night and he didn't play like a second round pick.

I really like Richardson and desperately hope he succeeds, but he still feels like a bit of an uncertain gamble to me. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Have you watched either of Levis' first two games? I saw the one last night and he didn't play like a second round pick.

I really like Richardson and desperately hope he succeeds, but he still feels like a bit of an uncertain gamble to me. 

1st game he looked great. I watched last night's game too and what had you walking away from that thinking Levis looked good? I am just asking. He was inaccurate most of the game, only completing 56% of his passes, he had 0 TD passes and 0 TD runs. He wasn't even a threat to run. He threw the game sealing INT at the end and his team only scored 16 points. 

If AR had a game like that, you would be bashing him up and down in here.