Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Plate of Crow - Leonard’s Performance

Dingus McGirt

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Leonard will improve more and more as the season goes on. It’s obviously gonna take time to get back into game shape and his mind fully back to where it should be. 

I agree.

I'm a huge Maniac fan. Got his jersey and JTs last Christmas from my kids. What a bad coincidence both with same agents now. Oh, well they are both game changers when healthy. Wish we knew what JT adds to this new offense. I'm sure we will find out soon. Hopefully anyhow..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Well DarShaqius played and played pretty well.  My earlier prediction fell though.

Pardon me while I pick these feathers from my teeth.  Yum yum.

No need to eat the whole bird yet. He’s only played 1 of 17 games so far. The repeated concussions are a bad omen and no doctor has figured out how to cure chronic back problems permanently. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Just now, azcolt said:

No need to eat the whole bird yet. He’s only played 1 of 17 games so far. The repeated concussions are a bad omen and no doctor has figured out to cure chronic back problems permanently. Fingers crossed.

Well, a few months back, I unequivocally stated Leonard would not play another down in a real NFL game.  I was wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I thought he looked like easily the 3rd best LB on the team. Slow to react and mostly doing cleanup tackles. Franklin and Speed were flying around out there. Hopefully it does keep improving. 

I’ve thought he’s looked extremely slow for years now. His instincts have to carry him but he creates turnovers better than most.

44 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I agree.

I'm a huge Maniac fan. Got his jersey and JTs last Christmas from my kids. What a bad coincidence both with same agents now. Oh, well they are both game changers when healthy. Wish we knew what JT adds to this new offense. I'm sure we will find out soon. Hopefully anyhow..

I think JT in the RPO with Richardson could be incredibly deadly to defense. Sadly we won’t know until week 5 if at all. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AKB said:

take away that AR interception and that game is way closer

There are a lot of single plays you could change and the game looks very different.  If Shane has them kick a field goal rather than going for it early they are driving to try to tie the game at the end.  If they punt and pin the Jags deep maybe the Jags score one less TD.  By the same token if the Colts don’t get a kinda fluke TD from Buckner this game starts to looks like a blow out that the Jags dominated the second half.  That’s the NFL most games come down to about four or five key plays.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I’m glad Leonard played reasonably well. I agree that it’s his first game back and it’s gonna take some time but there was nothing to indicate he isn’t capable of playing at a high level.

he didn't look abnormally slow, which is good. 

3 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Exactly my thoughts he has drafted some real talent in LB I wished he could do similar for WR. 

Anthony Walker Jr
Darius Leonard
Matthew Adams
Zaire Franklin
Bobby Okereke
E.J. Speed
Jordan Glasgow

Dudes just gonna have to play the FA market and trades for a stud WR. Unless we manage to pick 3rd in this upcoming draft, we’ll be stuck with more 2nd+ round talent at WR. 

16 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Exactly my thoughts he has drafted some real talent in LB I wished he could do similar for WR. 

Anthony Walker Jr
Darius Leonard
Matthew Adams
Zaire Franklin
Bobby Okereke
E.J. Speed
Jordan Glasgow

Because it’s easier to find LB then WR. It’s not a premium position which means there is s bigger talent pool.

Not sure if anyone caught this but they said on the broadcast that Shaq wasn’t cleared to start running until June, let alone do football stuff.  Then he had the concussion.  Not really shocking he wasn’t his old self today, that’s going to take time.  

Still considering the number of people proclaiming his career was over, or he should be cut, that he would never play another down for the Colts again, or he didn’t have the desire anymore the fact he played today those people need own up and eat crow.  I am normally not a big person for that kind of thing but the amount of hate some fans have thrown at Shaq in the past year has been amazing when all he did was bust his behind to get back out there.

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not sure if anyone caught this but they said on the broadcast that Shaq wasn’t cleared to start running until June, let alone do football stuff.  Then he had the concussion.  Not really shocking he wasn’t his old self today, that’s going to take time.  

Still considering the number of people proclaiming his career was over, or he should be cut, that he would never play another down for the Colts again, or he didn’t have the desire anymore the fact he played today those people need own up and eat crow.  I am normally not a big person for that kind of thing but the amount of hate some fans have thrown at Shaq in the past year has been amazing when all he did was bust his behind to get back out there.

All of the first paragraph is a good point. However, he does need to play at a 100 million dollar level. Maybe he can get there. I hope he can as a fan. But I also know that if he can’t, he’s not immune to getting cut or traded.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Anthony Walker Jr
Darius Leonard
Matthew Adams
Zaire Franklin
Bobby Okereke
E.J. Speed
Jordan Glasgow

I saw Shaq post something online about how all the LBs that were on the Colts in 2019 were team captains this year

Anthony Walker Jr. with the Browns

Shaq and Franklin with us

Okereke with the Giants

• Like 1

I am glad Leonard is back out there, I just hope it's just a matter of shaking the cobwebs off because Leonard looked slow all game.

In particular: In the 4th qtr (about 4 something to go) on the Eitienne TD run he was just standing at back of the pile not doing anything and then Etienne proceeded to run right past him. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Well DarShaqius played and played pretty well.  My earlier prediction fell though.

Pardon me while I pick these feathers from my teeth.  Yum yum.

I'm glad to wash down some crow this morning.   It's early yet and there's more in the oven in case he keeps on this track though 

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Dude got paid 100 million dollars. For 100 million he needed to produce at top level for most of, if not all, of his contract. He has not. Even if he gets back to his old self, I want to see what percentage of his contract he actually ends up playing. My guess is that with hindsight Darius is going to end up being a bad 100 million contract. I sure am not eating crow now because he hobbled around a few games for 100 million dollars. 

43 minutes ago, Ratking said:

I didn't see any 100 million dollar performance. 

Wow he wasn't back to his all pro form in his first game back after missing significant time to injury?  Forget cutting or trading him, it's time to have him drawn and quartered. Shove him in an iron maiden?  Have him disemboweled during a team meeting to set an example?

Bring back some good Ole fashioned torture/execution for those who deserve it most!

1 hour ago, Ratking said:

Dude got paid 100 million dollars. For 100 million he needed to produce at top level for most of, if not all, of his contract. He has not. Even if he gets back to his old self, I want to see what percentage of his contract he actually ends up playing. My guess is that with hindsight Darius is going to end up being a bad 100 million contract. I sure am not eating crow now because he hobbled around a few games for 100 million dollars. 

My eyes hurt from rolling so much at this post. Seriously. I may need to visit an optometrist now. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Ratking said:

Might wanna get your eyes checked for a rose color hue too. LOL 🤣

Nah. I just have enough sense to realize that a guy who hasn’t played football in close to a year and had multiple surgeries to come back isn’t going to play like his old self in the first game of the season. If you don’t think he’ll improve more and more then you need to visit a neurologist and have your brain checked.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Nah. I just have enough sense to realize that a guy who hasn’t played football in close to a year and had multiple surgeries to come back isn’t going to play like his old self in the first game of the season. If you don’t think he’ll improve more and more then you need to visit a neurologist and have your brain checked.

Lord knows I need my brain checked. Your right there. 😄

I am aware that Darius will need time to regain his form, if he can. However, my point still stands. Colts paid him 100 million dollars to play football at a high level. When is he going to do that? If he can't play at a top level for over 50 percent of a contract I am not sure I would call that a good contract for the team. I am unsure why you feel the need to die on a hill for a multi millionaire who doesn't know you exist...but as it currently stands Darius has not lived up to his massive contract and has not been much of a help to the Colts. And I root for the Colts as a whole, not one overpaid washed player. 

• Like 1