Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final 53 predictions ((Merge))

GoColts8818

Okay the pre-season is in the books.  Let’s see your final 53 based on the guys on the roster!

Colts 53:

Offense (25)

QB:  Richardson, Minshew, Sam (3)

RB:  Moss, Jackson, Hull, Funk (4) (Taylor stays on PUP

WR:  Pittman, Pierce, Downs, Makenzie, Washington, Winfree (6)

TE:  Woods, Granson, Mallory, Ogletree (4)

Tackle:  Rainmann, Smith, Freeland (3)

Guard:  Nelson, Fries, French, O’Donnell (4)

Center:  Kelly (1)

Defense (25)

End:  Kwitty, Dayo, Samson, Lewis, AQM (5)

DT:  Buckner, Stewart, Bryan, AA, Johnson (5)

LB:  Shaq, Franklin, Speed, Stuart, Domann (5)

CB:  Moore, Flowers, Baker, Jones, Brents, Rush (6)

S:  Thomas, Blackmon, Cross, Black (4)

ST:  Gay, Rigo, Rhodes (3)

• Like 5

Like it @GoColts8818 although I’ll be surprised if Winfrey makes the team.  Unless he does everything that Dulin could and he’s there mainly for STs.  He had a good preseason though.  I though 34 looked really good.

Really like those 4 TEs, but I doubt that’s going to be the group.  They like MAC too much.  

I think we all hope there’s a couple guys that make the team who aren’t on the roster right now.  hopefully Olinemen.  

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Like it @GoColts8818 although I’ll be surprised if Winfrey makes the team.  Unless he does everything that Dulin could and he’s there mainly for STs.  He had a good preseason though.  I though 34 looked really good.

Really like those 4 TEs, but I doubt that’s going to be the group.  They like MAC too much.  

I think we all hope there’s a couple guys that make the team who aren’t on the roster right now.  hopefully Olinemen.  

Yeah I don’t think Winfree is a lock by any means.  Just my amateur eye thought he played the best of anyone to earn the last spot but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if I am wrong.

The tightend cuts is going to be the most interesting/heartbreaking to watch.  I went with who I think are the best four and the best chance to grow with Richardson.  

Fully agree on the linemen part.  I’d expect a body or two added some where during cut downs.  I just based my roster on the guys on the roster right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Okay the pre-season is in the books.  Let’s see your final 53 based on the guys on the roster!

Colts 53:

Offense (25)

Defense (25)

i think Perriman makes the roster

• Like 1

Just now, AKB said:

I am not going to argue with anyone’s guesses for the last two WR spots.  All the guys showed flashes but no one really separated themselves to say I have to be one of the last two WRs (assuming they keep six).

17 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am not going to argue with anyone’s guesses for the last two WR spots.  All the guys showed flashes but no one really separated themselves to say I have to be one of the last two WRs (assuming they keep six).

oh, not sure if you're familiar with me, but I don't argue. just state my thought, and move on. 

But, I did notice, when Pitt came out for that ankle scare, Perriman was the man who went in. Not any of the guys you've listed. 

3 minutes ago, AKB said:

oh, not sure if you're familiar with me, but I don't argue. just state my thought, and move on. 

But, I did notice, when Pitt came out for that ankle scare, Perriman was the man who went in. Not any of the guys you've listed. 

Yeah I didn’t mean argue like really argue more just like I am not going to protest anyone’s guess for those spots because they are completely up in the air so I won’t be surprised no matter who they keep at the fifth and maybe sixth WR spot.

That is true on Perriman but could have also been to see what he can do.  In the old pre-season format it was a bad sign if you were a vet and playing in the last game but that may not hold true anymore.  Either way I am certainly not going to argue Perriman should be cut and won’t be surprised if he makes the final roster.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I didn’t mean argue like really argue more just like I am not going to protest anyone’s guess for those spots because they are completely up in the air so I won’t be surprised no matter who they keep at the fifth and maybe sixth WR spot.

That is true on Perriman but could have also been to see what he can do.  In the old pre-season format it was a bad sign if you were a vet and playing in the last game but that may not hold true anymore.  Either way I am certainly not going to argue Perriman should be cut and won’t be surprised if he makes the final roster.

good points, Winfree has been decent too. 

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Colts 53:

Offense (25)

Defense (25)

We honestly haven’t seen too much from Ogletree to warrant a roster spot. I think he may get stashed in the PS tbh. 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Agreed I think Ogletree is gonna be the odd man out. Haven’t seen enough from him this offseason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Idk, I'll be curious to see the snap count from this game, they did a trial run with the starters and MAC apparently suited up for this game according to colts-wire but never got a target and I don't remember seeing him, while the other TEs made themselves known between Granson, Ogletree, and Mallory.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Those watching practice have said he’s the best looking TE.  It would be a shame to lose him.  

Interesting because I haven’t heard much about him from camp. He was injured and unavailable to practice I believe from Jun 2nd  up until a few days ago. That’s almost 75% of camp he missed.

I would be surprised if Sam makes the final 53.  Let’s face it we have a big athletic fast quarterback in AR.  And a very capable backup in Minchew.  I would not be afraid to go with those two alone and keep another field player on the roster.  We currently have a number of good players on the bubble.  I would try to trade Sam for a 6th or 7th pick.  If that fails try for the practice squad.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I would be surprised if Sam makes the final 53.  Let’s face it we have a big athletic fast quarterback in AR.  And a very capable backup in Minchew.  I would not be afraid to go with those two alone and keep another field player on the roster.  We currently have a number of good players on the bubble.  I would try to trade Sam for a 6th or 7th pick.  If that fails try for the practice squad.

I doubt we'd get anything in a trade, and I'm pretty sure he'd clear waivers.  I guess if that's the case, it's up to him to either stay in Indy on the PS, or take a chance elsewhere.

I know Ballard really likes him.  I wonder if coaching is in his future.  I doubt he's ever a starter in the league.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I actually thought it ended last year.  Could be wrong though.

I'm pretty sure it ended last season.

2 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Interesting because I haven’t heard much about him from camp. He was injured and unavailable to practice I believe from Jun 2nd  up until a few days ago. That’s almost 75% of camp he missed.

Just going by people like Chap and Bowen.  Didn't he start agains the Eagles?  I know he got in early.

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Just going by people like Chap and Bowen.  Didn't he start agains the Eagles?  I know he got in early.

Yeah he was in earlyish with starters. Also, for what it is worth, he was dominating camp last year before the injury and was predicted to be the top TE on the depth chart, above MAC and Woods. Everyone was raving about him.

Here's to hoping he is back to 100% and picking up where he left off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I doubt we'd get anything in a trade, and I'm pretty sure he'd clear waivers.  I guess if that's the case, it's up to him to either stay in Indy on the PS, or take a chance elsewhere.

I know Ballard really likes him.  I wonder if coaching is in his future.  I doubt he's ever a starter in the league.

I'm pretty sure it ended last season.

You might be right on Sam but I’m not sure he clears waivers.  BR did an article yesterday suggesting one trade each team should make at cutdown.  For the Colts I thought they would pick Cox but they chose Sam to the Bears to backup Fields and reunite with Flus.  They think he has more upside and experience than their current backup quarterbacks Walker and Bagent an undrafted rookie.  Interesting trade idea.  That said I don’t see us with three quarterbacks on the 53.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Respectfully, I think MAC is done in Indy

Unless they are a special teams monster, you shouldn't carry 5 TEs

Too many for the position

This leaves :

Woods, (Not going anywhere) - Very high potential

Granson,(Looks like he is finally "getting it) - Very high potential

Mallory, (looks awesome in preseason) - Very high potential

Ogletree (Looked awesome last year preseason, Looked like a stud again last night) - Very high potential

MAC has had 4 years to show his potential.

MAC has proven to be an average blocker and an average receiver

ANYTHING can happen, 

but

With the talent we have, MAC seems the odd guy out

• Like 4

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Sam will be the #3 QB and not count towards the 53 man roster.

• Like 1

I think Sam should go to the PS, we dont need an emergency third qb that badly this year and the new rule doesnt actually help that much.  He would still have to be on the 53 

We should be looking for WRs, Oline and CBs on cut day.

unfortunately the top few teams in the waiver priority often make a lot of claims

5 hours ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Starting to feel like they put Jelani Woods on PUP in order to keep an extra player.  Thought he would’ve came back by now

Can't, once you practice you can't be placed on PUP and he practiced early in camp.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Oh really?  I wasn’t aware he practiced.  That’s my miss

They can still keep him on final 53 then IR him if they want, or need to.

Hopefully he just ready to go here in a couple weeks.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AKB said:

I'm thinking that as well. Just bc of overall experience and that great deep speed. He's much faster than Washington. I was saying to myself I'd keep Perriman and Winfree.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Respectfully, I think MAC is done in Indy

Unless they are a special teams monster, you shouldn't carry 5 TEs

Too many for the position

This leaves :

Woods, (Not going anywhere) - Very high potential

Granson,(Looks like he is finally "getting it) - Very high potential

Mallory, (looks awesome in preseason) - Very high potential

Ogletree (Looked awesome last year preseason, Looked like a stud again last night) - Very high potential

MAC has had 4 years to show his potential.

MAC has proven to be an average blocker and an average receiver

ANYTHING can happen, 

but

With the talent we have, MAC seems the odd guy out

Yeah but MAC is a blocking tight end. The rest are not. Maybe Ogletree but I think he's more the Antonio Gates type. MAC may slip through the cracks for that reason.

Also this is the time when teams trade for guys before they the hit the waiver wire.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Yeah but MAC is a blocking tight end. The rest are not. Maybe Ogletree but I think he's more the Antonio Gates type. MAC may slip through the cracks for that reason.

I don’t think MAC is that good of a blocker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Also this is the time when teams trade for guys before they the hit the waiver wire.

I don’t think MAC is that good of a blocker.

He's been known for it. Might of had a bad season once or twice but he's known for it more than anyone else. Brown didn't do much to beat him out.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm thinking that as well. Just bc of overall experience and that great deep speed. He's much faster than Washington. I was saying to myself I'd keep Perriman and Winfree.

agreed.