Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is this our comeback year?

AKB

Is this our comeback year?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is this our comeback year?

Are the Indianapolis Colts going to come back this year as a competitive force? Or are we going to look like a joke again? Maybe we are somewhere in the middle. Win one, lose one. What do you think, and why?

47 minutes ago, AKB said:

Are the Indianapolis Colts going to come back this year as a competitive force? Or are we going to look like a joke again? Maybe we are somewhere in the middle. Win one, lose one. What do you think, and why?

Likely somewhere in the middle… 

The first month or two will probably have a lot of growing pains.   And the last half of the year will hopefully show good progress. 

I don’t know how competitive the Colts will be in the first half, but I hope they’ll be much more competitive in the second half of the season. 

Last year we were a joke.   This year we’re rebuilding.   That’s not the same.   Better days should be ahead, but patience will be important.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Don't get too ahead of yourselves guys. Is it possible this team can come back with their hair on fire and surprise everyone? Yes.

Is it probable? No.

We are likely about 2 years away from being "back" or a "contender".... and that's if a lot of things go right...

I'm obviously hoping it's the former and we sre relevant and in the mix, but let's be real, if we even see signs of that coming it will be a massive leap forward.

Richardson would essentially need to come out and show he is nfl ready and elite. Which he is almost the opposite of atm. He needs development time. Just dont all freak out when we have a top 10 pick again next year guys, so long as Richardson shows flashes and improvement as the year goes on, I'll be happy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AKB said:

Class Class, two hundred words or less, how has your summer been so far?

59 minutes ago, Peter Nova said:

Delayed Gratification continues.

but but we have a generational athlete at QB, the best running back, Mike Evans Jr at WR, A TE that used to play basketball, and a bunch of 2nd round DEs. 

Give it time

4 minutes ago, AKB said:

but but we have a generational athlete at QB, the best running back, Mike Evans Jr at WR, A TE that used to play basketball, and a bunch of 2nd round DEs. 

Give it time

You forgot declining overpaid guard and broken Will with huge contract. Go Colts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Just been watching some highlights and I wanted to forget 2022 happened. 

I feel like it can't be as bad as 22' was so that's an improvement.

Literally everything went wrong last year.

• Like 2

I have the colts as competing for the Division but its not really based on a turnaround in team talent as we they have several units weak and a question.

I think they could compete in the south with AR5 doing a quick transition to the nfl. But that doesn't mean they will be a consistent force for the next decade or have a linear progression to dominance. 

I just feel the colts will have a turnaround season in '23. But if AR5 turns out to be the real deal then he could carry this franchise on his back(if he has to) from time to time but I'd like to see a good supporting cast around him and not have him to do it alone. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 3:48 AM, AKB said:

We are clearly rebuilding so I don’t think we are a joke this year cause there is no expectations.  What made last year so awful wasn’t just the WL record it was we were supposed the be good and we’re a complete bozo show.

unless AR is just completely incompetent ie. Jemarcus Russell/Ryan leaf/akili smith kind of bad, then this won’t be a joke season but rather one in which a raw rookie Qb shows some promise while he struggles to develop.

last year was Hyperventilating Oh No GIF by 5A5Bseries

On 7/17/2023 at 4:48 AM, AKB said:

we will look worse than last season, we will be in the battle for the number one pick, thanks to ballards method of roster building,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

we will look worse than last season, we will be in the battle for the number one pick, thanks to ballards method of roster building,

bold prediction. im thinking more like 7-10

On 7/17/2023 at 4:48 AM, AKB said:

nope.  Unless our defensive backs are way better than we thought.  I have no worries about our front 7.  I’m 50/50 on the offense and that mainly depends upon if AR comes along, but those CBs scare me.  Young and inexperienced.  They will be thrown to the fire.  I’m expecting us to be one of the worst pass defenses in the league.  Especially if our front 7 can’t get pressure.

• Like 1