Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2nd round Pick hopes...

TimetobringDfence!

Good, but tough position going into tonight's 2nd and 3rd round. With #35 and #79, another pick would be nice to have. I agree addressing CB and IOL are key, but Ballard seems to think he can fill the O-Line through FA ( Risner only one I can see maybe worth it)  and cut downs usually. I think it is important that any choice at 35 has to be a plug and play pick, no matter the position.

With AR5 and JT in the backfield, defenses will be forced to honor the RPO, and crowd the box, leaving single high safety coverage at times. This leads to the need for a burner slot/ wide receiver, to take the top off the defense when the opportunity presents itself. With a trade down for that 3rd extra pick tonight, it is possible to find that player.

Side thought: With this dynamic backfield I can see the value of a FB to lead block, blowing up an end, or LB getting AR5 or JT to second level more often, and add PassPro on drop backs, Heuple from ND State in the 5th would be a good move IMO.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Take Washington in the 2nd and a guard in the 4th. That solidifies this Oline. I would search for a wr in the 3rd

Just can’t see the Colts waiting to pick a CB until the 5th round. They badly need a talent upgrade there. Washington would be great but a bit of a luxury. Grabbing a shut down corner? Much more valuable. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am coming at it more from a position of supporting Richardson. Ogeltree coming back from injury. They need a tightend on this roster that could do more than run. None of th guys on the roster can block. We r now building this team based on Richardson's skill set.  Love Washington.

Kalinic is a blocking TE and did well as an NFL rookie (CFL vet) and then we signed Pharoah Brown who is a pure blocking TE. We are very deep at TE,in fact last Draft #2 ranked TE Wydermeyer is #7 on our depth chart.

38 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Just can’t see the Colts waiting to pick a CB until the 5th round. They badly need a talent upgrade there. Washington would be great but a bit of a luxury. Grabbing a shut down corner? Much more valuable. 

Sas part is that we take the same type of zone corners

Shut down corners go high unless u get lucky

Archived