Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2nd round Pick hopes...

TimetobringDfence!

Good, but tough position going into tonight's 2nd and 3rd round. With #35 and #79, another pick would be nice to have. I agree addressing CB and IOL are key, but Ballard seems to think he can fill the O-Line through FA ( Risner only one I can see maybe worth it)  and cut downs usually. I think it is important that any choice at 35 has to be a plug and play pick, no matter the position.

With AR5 and JT in the backfield, defenses will be forced to honor the RPO, and crowd the box, leaving single high safety coverage at times. This leads to the need for a burner slot/ wide receiver, to take the top off the defense when the opportunity presents itself. With a trade down for that 3rd extra pick tonight, it is possible to find that player.

Side thought: With this dynamic backfield I can see the value of a FB to lead block, blowing up an end, or LB getting AR5 or JT to second level more often, and add PassPro on drop backs, Heuple from ND State in the 5th would be a good move IMO.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Take Washington in the 2nd and a guard in the 4th. That solidifies this Oline. I would search for a wr in the 3rd

Just can’t see the Colts waiting to pick a CB until the 5th round. They badly need a talent upgrade there. Washington would be great but a bit of a luxury. Grabbing a shut down corner? Much more valuable. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am coming at it more from a position of supporting Richardson. Ogeltree coming back from injury. They need a tightend on this roster that could do more than run. None of th guys on the roster can block. We r now building this team based on Richardson's skill set.  Love Washington.

Kalinic is a blocking TE and did well as an NFL rookie (CFL vet) and then we signed Pharoah Brown who is a pure blocking TE. We are very deep at TE,in fact last Draft #2 ranked TE Wydermeyer is #7 on our depth chart.

38 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Just can’t see the Colts waiting to pick a CB until the 5th round. They badly need a talent upgrade there. Washington would be great but a bit of a luxury. Grabbing a shut down corner? Much more valuable. 

Sas part is that we take the same type of zone corners

Shut down corners go high unless u get lucky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The Colts officially get back to work starting tomorrow!    What are we all looking forward to seeing, hearing and reading about Colts fans?
    • I understand your point.    Just know that I'll always defend education like a white faced hornet. There are a lot of people in schools from top to bottom who are doing the good work of preparing kids for the crapfest we call life. Memorizing facts and figures gets all the attention, but the real quality of education is hardening people for the real world: building resiliency.    Becky Homecky... I'm only 35 so I'm on the youngish side (sure don't feel like it though). I've never heard that term before this thread. I've had plenty of classmates who have gone on to be stay at home parents. To be honest a lot of my peers view them with envy instead of disgust. I've had some students talk about doing the same, haven't witnessed any harassment personally with their choice.    I guess it must be happening somewhere, but it ain't here. 
    • Yes, those classes have been around forever.  When I grew up, the girls who attended those classes were labeled Becky-Homecky's, so I hope that the culture has changed to support those girls to the same level girls are supported when taking classes like Physics.  I hope they get equal praise when they both get A's in home/family or physics.   But not to discuss all of that.    Butker is supporting another side, and the conflict is being caused by those who want to always control the narrative and are now using the common tactic of twisting his words to then continue to control the narrative.....and labeling him some sort of extremist.  A lot of folks are seeing it for what it is.
    • Uh, a resounding yes they support those who choose to have families. Not sure where you live or where you're from, but in Indiana the general motto is "mind your own business and let others do what makes them happy". I encourage my students to do what makes them happy. Life is too damn short to accept anything less.    One of the biggest misconceptions people outside of education have is that schools are just mills for preparing college students. That could not be further from the truth. We have students working towards being welders, mechanics, nurses, police officers, lawyers, pro athletes, and yes even stay at home parents. We offer FACS (Family and Consumer Sciences) classes.    The TV wants to tell you what's happening in schools, but if you were to walk into one you'd be surprised how far off they are. 
    • Our secondary is atrocious, hoping Latu helps them out.
  • Members