Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard didn’t put out any smokescreens. All of the Levis stuff was just teams guessing. And like some of us really thought they would go Levis because of where this team is and the vets they have.  I was kind of shocked with QB being such a big position they went with someone with such little experience.   Colts clearly liked Levis too but just chose to go with the one with the higher upside and generational traits. Time will tell if he becomes the generational player. 

Yeah but Irsay does. He threw one out about Young very early in the process. Wouldn't put it past him to do it again.

Ballard didn’t put out any smokescreens. All of the Levis stuff was just teams guessing. And like some of us really thought they would go Levis because of where this team is and the vets they have.  I was kind of shocked with QB being such a big position they went with someone with such little experience.   Colts clearly liked Levis too but just chose to go with the one with the higher upside and generational traits. Time will tell if he becomes the generational player. 

Before the the draft, you told all of us that you had inside information that you couldn't share until after the draft. Maybe you have stated and  I have missed it but could you please share?? Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hadn't seen this posted yet, if it has I apologize. 

I dare anybody to watch this and not absolutely fall in love with our new franchise QB.

https://youtu.be/PTzhTPhdNeE

Edit: Apparently I'm too simple to embed a video...so just click the link or if a mod wants to fix that's cool too. 

Edited by Wage
I'm a simple man
  • Like 2

If Levis is so great, why did all 32 teams pass on him?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Before the the draft, you told all of us that you had inside information that you couldn't share until after the draft. Maybe you have stated and  I have missed it but could you please share?? Thanks.

Come on now, like anyone in this forum has access to actual inside information?! haha

Even if anyone did, if they started putting it up on a forum they wouldn’t have access for very long!

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I never said it was inside info. I also said it really had nothing to do with which quarterback we would take but I found it interesting because we never found out. Now the draft is over I can say what it was. During the draft process we heard a lot of teams that took these QB out to dinner during the combine. We never heard the colts did. But I was told that colts actually did take stroud and Richardson out to dinner during the combine. Don’t know if that means they were the top two on their board but it’s interesting since no one ever knew about it.

• Like 2

To be honest,you fell victim to many smoke screens.

No I didn’t believe anything was a smokescreen. Everyone said the Levis stuff was a smokescreen. But then why would Ballard debunk a smokescreen he wanted out there. I don’t really believe in smokescreens. I think it’s all made of nonsense.

• Like 1

If Levis is so great, why did all 32 teams pass on him?

To add to that - I was reading one of the Titans forums and the reaction to the Titans drafting Levis was less than luke warm. Quite a few were less than happy about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wage said:

I've been a bit of an AR Stan since that Utah game I guess, but I can't imagine watching the balls that AR throws vs the balls Stroud throws and thinking to myself I would chose Stroud. And that doesn't even include the fact AR is bigger, faster, stronger and better. He just flat out throws better balls. Stroud's best case scenario is Derek Carr and AR's best case scenario is Anthony Richardson. 

3 hours ago, Wage said:

Hadn't seen this posted yet, if it has I apologize. 

I dare anybody to watch this and not absolutely fall in love with our new franchise QB.

https://youtu.be/PTzhTPhdNeE

Edit: Apparently I'm too simple to embed a video...so just click the link or if a mod wants to fix that's cool too. 

I believe it was posted before. But thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Richardson did go at 3 from a team trading up I bet colts would of traded down a couple spots and taken Levis. But if colts did trade down that probably puts titans in a bigger need to take him first and try and trade up. 

The Titans had every chance to take Levis in the first round.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Titans had every chance to take Levis in the first round.

But colts had already got their QB. That  was my point. Titans probably felt they could then wait and take him. If colts did not have the opportunity with Richardson at 4 and Levis was still there and colts felt they could trade down some if puts more stress on titans yo get the last QB.  Titans then may have decided to move up a little and take him ahead of colts if colts had traded down.  Titans may not have waited if there was only one QB left for two teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

But colts had already got their QB. That  was my point. Titans probably felt they could then wait and take him. If colts did not have the opportunity with Richardson at 4 and Levis was still there and colts felt they could trade down some if puts more stress on titans yo get the last QB.  Titans then may have decided to move up a little and take him ahead of colts if colts had traded down. 

In that scenerio we probably take levis

Just now, Stephen said:

In that scenerio we probably take levis

I really don’t think colts would of tried to trade down and still get him because they probably knew titans wanted a QB.

Colts probably also knew Seattle and AZ were not going to make a QB trade so they felt safe staying at 4. Ballards intel was right. Teams with vets were not moving up that far for Richardson. Seattle might of taken him though if he had fallen to five.

Falcons could have taken levis. And who was their established QB ? Desmond Ridder ? He started 4 games and looked far from a franchise QB. He looked shakey at best.

Other teams that could have taken levis in the 1st round:

- Seahawks at 5. They have Geno Smith. An upgrade is needed there.

- titans at 11. They chose to take an LT instead.

- packers at 13. Love hasn't looked very good in preseason. He could just be a career back up.

- Steelers at 14. Pickett is ranked one of the worst qbs in the NFL.

- commanders at 16. Who is their starting QB ?

- Patriots at 17. Why not draft levis and get rid of Mac Jones who is worse than tua.

- Tampa Bay at 19. No clear starting QB since Brady left.

- Vikings at 23. Cousins is only under contract through 2023. Why not draft levis and have him sit for a year.

All these teams could have pulled the trigger for levis but they did not because they know levis is only an average qb and not worthy of a first round pick.

Sorry levis lovers

• Like 3

For whatever it’s worth…

NFL.com has reported Tennessee tried several times to trade into the first round but couldn’t find a team willing to trade down.   Those teams wanted to draft the players they took and not risk losing them.   So the Titans were happy to find Levis available at 33 where they could make a deal with a team.   

• Like 2

People are trying really hard to be right rather than looking at what teams said.

Irsay said the Colts would have taken Levis at four or traded down (and probably still gotten Levis) if Richardson had been gone.  So Levis was in the mix for the Colts rather people want to admit it or not.  He was pretty much their runner up.

The Titans said if the tackle they took hadn’t been there they would have taken Levis in the first round.  That’s how the draft falls sometimes.  You can only take one guy in the first round and sometimes if you are the second guy on the board you don’t get picked there.  It doesn’t mean teams don’t like you.  

After the Titans the other could take Levis teams had other options at QBs so it didn’t make a QB a must take player like it was for the Colts, Panthers, and Texans.  In fact you could argue if you want to see what you have at QB if you were one of those teams with options it made sense to take something other than a QB in the first round.  

It just didn’t fall his way.  That’s the way the draft works sometimes.  It’s what allows a guy like Raimann who Venturi (and several mocks) felt was worthy of a second round pick last year to last to the fourth round.  

Also, the Colts took Richardson and seem extremely bullish on him.  So clearly they are thrilled to have gotten him so the Colts clearly liked him more than some want to admit as well.  The Colts went as far as to say they would have taken him at one had they had the first pick.  Ballard also said they tried to go up to three to get him and you can tell from the with the next pick video how they celebrated once they knew they would get him that Richardson is who they wanted.  Once it became clear Richardson was going to be there at four a trade back was out of the question.  I have a feeling a trade back would have only entered the conversation had Richardson been gone and even then they may have very well just have taken Levis.  So I don’t think it was something they were actively pursing at that point.

At this point it’s a pointless argument because despite what some say no one (including me) knows what would have happened and can’t prove it and it doesn’t matter because the Colts got the guy they wanted in Richardson and didn’t have to give up a squat to get him and after all the Colts should trade the farm to make sure they get the guy they want debates this off-season fans should be thrilled they got their guy and it didn’t cost them a thing.  

Richardson is the guy.  Rather than looking back at what could have been or focusing on what is now another teams QB why don’t we focus on our bright and shiny new QB?  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

People are trying really hard to be right rather than looking at what teams said.

Irsay said the Colts would have taken Levis at four or traded down (and probably still gotten Levis) if Richardson had been gone.  So Levis was in the mix for the Colts rather people want to admit it or not.  He was pretty much their runner up.

The Titans said if the tackle they took hadn’t been there they would have taken Levis in the first round.  That’s how the draft falls sometimes.  You can only take one guy in the first round and sometimes if you are the second guy on the board you don’t get picked there.  It doesn’t mean teams don’t like you.  

After the Titans the other could take Levis teams had other options at QBs so it didn’t make a QB a must take player like it was for the Colts, Panthers, and Texans.  In fact you could argue if you want to see what you have at QB if you were one of those teams with options it made sense to take something other than a QB in the first round.  

It just didn’t fall his way.  That’s the way the draft works sometimes.  It’s what allows a guy like Raimann who Venturi (and several mocks) felt was worthy of a second round pick last year to last to the fourth round.  

Also, the Colts took Richardson and seem extremely bullish on him.  So clearly they are thrilled to have gotten him so the Colts clearly liked him more than some want to admit as well.  The Colts went as far as to say they would have taken him at one had they had the first pick.  Ballard also said they tried to go up to three to get him and you can tell from the with the next pick video how they celebrated once they knew they would get him that Richardson is who they wanted.  Once it became clear Richardson was going to be there at four a trade back was out of the question.  I have a feeling a trade back would have only entered the conversation had Richardson been gone and even then they may have very well just taken Levis.  So I don’t think it was something they were actively pursing at that point.

At this point it’s a pointless argument because despite what some say no one (including me) knows what would have happened and can’t prove it and it doesn’t matter because the Colts got the guy they wanted in Richardson and didn’t have to give up a squat to get him and after all the Colts should trade the farm to make sure they get the guy they want debates this off-season fans should be thrilled they got their guy and didn’t cost them a thing.  

Richardson is the guy.  Rather than looking back at what could have been or focusing on what is now another teams QB why don’t we focus on our bright and shiny new QB?  

Other than taking Raimann last year in the 4th round (it was actually pick 77 in R3) I pretty much agree with most everything in this post.   Hope people will read it with an open mind. 

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

Falcons could have taken levis. And who was their established QB ? Desmond Ridder ? He started 4 games and looked far from a franchise QB. He looked shakey at best.

- packers at 13. Love hasn't looked very good in preseason. He could just be a career back up.

- Patriots at 17. Why not draft levis and get rid of Mac Jones who is worse than tua.

- Vikings at 23. Cousins is only under contract through 2023. Why not draft levis and have him sit for a year.

All these teams could have pulled the trigger for levis but they did not because they know levis is only an average qb and not worthy of a first round pick.

Sorry levis lovers

Teams that also had a young QB were not going to take another one where they were drafting. Made no sense and they want to see what they have in guys like Ridder. 

Like it’s posted above it’s useless to argue this it’s over. You guys just want to make Levis look bad. 

But colts had already got their QB. That  was my point. Titans probably felt they could then wait and take him. If colts did not have the opportunity with Richardson at 4 and Levis was still there and colts felt they could trade down some if puts more stress on titans yo get the last QB.  Titans then may have decided to move up a little and take him ahead of colts if colts had traded down.  Titans may not have waited if there was only one QB left for two teams.

Got it. But the Titans took quite a chance, as there were several QB-needy teams that may have taken Levis in the first round.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Got it. But the Titans took quite a chance, as there were several QB-needy teams that may have taken Levis in the first round.

Not really. Most of those teams had young guys they want to see what they can do or they went in the veteran market. Now if young or stroud were available when those teams picked they might of took one of them. Richardson might of even been someone a team with a established vet might of took to sit behind the vet. There just wasn’t really a market for Levis after the colts and titans. Once you get past that top ten in the draft quarterbacks that are there still will drop to 2nd or 3rd round. 

16 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Wow. Nice pun in a hamstring issues post.  

Not sure if he intended to reach there but it indeed jammed well in place. 

15 hours ago, NFLfan said:

He could turn out to be great. I just do not believe he was the best choice there given that we did not have another pick until late in the third. Unless it is Randy Moss or Marvin Harrison, I don't think a WR is that valuable in that position, especially given all the needs on defense. We could have drafted a competent WR in the 3rd while selecting BPA or a defensive player in the first.

I compared it to when Grigson drafted Philip Dorsett. Dorsett could have been very good, but in that situation in 2015, Grigson could have drafted other players with more value and who were greater needs. (Eric Kendricks, Landon Collins, even Grady Jarrett who former forum member @Dustin wanted the Colts to draft. Jarrett went in the 4th or 5th round.).

I need to check out Grigson's legacy now :D

I was not following Colts then, but did feel sorry for Luck during his career as an outsider. 

I'm sure @NewColtsFanwill help me :goodluck:, but I'm curious about @Fluke_33's point of view.

Even then we don't know how much of the influence he has in Vikings selections but he might have influenced in setting up the draft board. 

I think Vikings had Addison as the top rated player at their draft slot, he's more developed and ready than say Nolan Smith, I guess. 

Picking at #23 is kind of iffy and Vikings being the perfect average team in the NFL for 6 decades, they get the #15 - #25 range most often, lol, and in that spot, you either have to draft a borderline blue chip prospect you believe or you have a lot of borderline first rounders who have very high upside to develop into great players like Nolan Smith. 

I think it just worked out for the offense to replace Adam Theilen. 

if I were the GM that day, I'd have dropped the future second and more to move up to get Christian Gonzalez or if no team were willing to move that down, then by my favorite choice moved down gaining more day 2 & 3 picks to select a CB and WR. 

16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

He could turn out to be great. I just do not believe he was the best choice there given that we did not have another pick until late in the third. Unless it is Randy Moss or Marvin Harrison, I don't think a WR is that valuable in that position, especially given all the needs on defense. We could have drafted a competent WR in the 3rd while selecting BPA or a defensive player in the first.

I had other players I would have taken over Addison at that spot but IMO that pick is very understandable and could turn into something great for you guys. I think WR is quite possibly the second most important position after QB(or at the very least in a cluster of the most important positions). 

16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I compared it to when Grigson drafted Philip Dorsett. Dorsett could have been very good, but in that situation in 2015, Grigson could have drafted other players with more value and who were greater needs. (Eric Kendricks, Landon Collins, even Grady Jarrett who former forum member @Dustin wanted the Colts to draft. Jarrett went in the 4th or 5th round.).

I think the problem with drafting Philip Dorsett was not that he was a WR... it was that he wasn't good enough. Nobody would have batted an eye if Dorsett turned into a legit threat for us(aka if he turned into a Justin Jefferson who was taken in the same range if the draft).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Rams or 49ers, if they had a first round pick, would've drafted Levis, and that would've been the best fit for him in the whole NFL, IMO. 

Unfortunately for him, that didn't happen. 

If Titans had valued him highly, they'd have drafted him in Round 1. They did get him moving up later, but that would just be an experiment for this year. 

I think Titans would've an eye on the next draft class. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Not sure if he intended to reach there but it indeed jammed well in place. 

I need to check out Grigson's legacy now :D

I was not following Colts then, but did feel sorry for Luck during his career as an outsider. 

I'm sure @NewColtsFanwill help me :goodluck:, but I'm curious about @Fluke_33's point of view.

Even then we don't know how much of the influence he has in Vikings selections but he might have influenced in setting up the draft board. 

I think Vikings had Addison as the top rated player at their draft slot, he's more developed and ready than say Nolan Smith, I guess. 

Picking at #23 is kind of iffy and Vikings being the perfect average team in the NFL for 6 decades, they get the #15 - #25 range most often, lol, and in that spot, you either have to draft a borderline blue chip prospect you believe or you have a lot of borderline first rounders who have very high upside to develop into great players like Nolan Smith. 

I think it just worked out for the offense to replace Adam Theilen. 

if I were the GM that day, I'd have dropped the future second and more to move up to get Christian Gonzalez or if no team were willing to move that down, then by my favorite choice moved down gaining more day 2 & 3 picks to select a CB and WR. 

Im not exactly sure what you’re looking for from me?   Do I agree with Fluke about Grigson?    100 percent no.   Which surprises me a little, because that poster and I agree far more than we disagree.  

I can go into a very long and detailed case, I don’t think it’s very hard to make the opposite case.    But I want to make sure that’s what you’re asking.   So I’ll hold off until I understand what you’re looking for.  

On 5/5/2023 at 6:46 PM, NFLfan said:

Thanks for asking. I don't like it. I actually wanted Nolan Smith or a CB (Banks or Porter).

Do you recall when Ryan Grigson drafted Dorsett when the Colts had lots of needs on defense and OL? It seemed like the same happened here. We were scheduled for 1 pick in the first 86 picks. We had to get someone with more value than Addison. JMO. I'm getting over it. Lol.

Btw, Ryan Grigson is with the Vikings player personnel department. :(

I get the need for defensive players for your team as that was a huge hole last year, but I think you’re gonna be really happy with Addison. I may be wrong but I think he’s gonna have an amazing career. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For all the talk about Titans wanting Levis so much as their franchise QB, consider this :

If a team thinks a QB could be their franchise QB, would they draft an OT in first round and then look to trade up into round 1 for that QB again? 

Take the Texans, for example. They could have drafted Will Anderson Jr at #2, and could've tried to trade up to #3 for CJ Stroud.  Cost of that would've been even more as the other team would know that this team can't risk going home without a QB, especially their QB. 

Texans drafted their QB first, and then traded up to get the best player in the draft class. That happened even if they also wanted the best player in the draft, because team would draft the QB first, if they truly believe him that he could become their franchise QB. 

Titans didn't fully believe in Will Levis, they passed on him. Then, as he was still sitting in the Green Room, they entered the auction again. They surely like Levis, but they know they don't fully believe he could be their franchise QB. If it works out, they will be happy. If it doesn't, they only had to move up in Round 2, after all, for him. 

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Teams that also had a young QB were not going to take another one where they were drafting. Made no sense and they want to see what they have in guys like Ridder. 

Like it’s posted above it’s useless to argue this it’s over. You guys just want to make Levis look bad. 

That (bolded) is not the case. 

Titans have a young QB as well already, in Malik Willis, same draft class as Ridder. They still drafted Will Levis next year. 

Another example. Panthers drafted Matt Corral, another young QB, drafted in the same class as Ridder and Willis. They still drafted QB next year itself, even moving to #1 overall draft pick. 

Are you going to say it doesn't make sense that Panthers drafted Bryce Young or Titans drafted Will Levis? 

Your argument gets canceled then and there. 

It's not like Ridder or Howell looked anything closer to franchise QB material nor did anyone think of them in 2022 nor did any team drafted these QBs in Rounds 1 or 2.

It's very likely that the teams @PRnum1 listed didn't rate Will Levis that high to be drafted as their franchise QB.

No one in this forum is going out with a resolution to make Will Levis look bad. NFL teams in this recently ended Draft decided to not draft him in Round 1. The fact is very simple and straightforward.

If Levis proves everyone wrong, that would be beautiful. Good for him. But there's no point in trying to make Levis look great or good either. 

• Like 2

On 5/4/2023 at 4:43 PM, Tsarquise said:

I feel like he should just start day 1. If he is supposed to be the future, then why waste time with Minshew? Give Richardson experience and if they continually lose, then we get a high draft pick. I feel like starting Minshew is more of a punt. 

I disagree.   Having Minshew getting the new offense going will benefit Richardson in the long run.  He's not a great QB, but he protects the ball (44 TD's, 15 INT's) and throws for 63% completions. A career rating of 93.1.   This should allow Steichen to implement his offense effectively.  If the team is winning and Gardner is playing OK, you stick with him, if he is not, you insert Richardson.

9 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Sorry levis lovers

I have no idea what the Colts would have done at 4 if say the Titans or Seahawks traded ahead of us and drafted Richardson. Levis obviously has some talent and I don't think it's out of the question we would have taken him at 4 if all other 3 were gone. But at the same time I agree with your overall point... There were tons and tons of teams that could have been natural fits for Levis and none of them bit in the first round. There definitely must have been some serious worries about him for him to fall that much.  I think a lot less talented QBs have been drafted in the first before. The team that drafted him themselves picked an OT who might not even play OT in the league while risking 20 other teams would get Levis before they had the chance to draft him.

My thoughts before the draft were that I would have been good with any of the 4 QBs. BUT... that illusion of mine lasted until the final minutes before the draft when the odds for Levis to the Colts skyrocketed to -2000(about 95% implied probability)... and my heart dropped. So I'm thankful for those oddsmakers making me realize I really wouldn't have liked us drafting Levis ahead of Richardson. It felt like a gut punch at the time. 

Oh well... I'm glad we got our guy and Ballard wasn't forced to make that decision.:thmup:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, stitches said:

I think the problem with drafting Philip Dorsett was not that he was a WR... it was that he wasn't good enough. Nobody would have batted an eye if Dorsett turned into a legit threat for us(aka if he turned into a Justin Jefferson who was taken in the same range if the draft).

I understand but no one knew how Dorsett would turn out when he was drafted. Fans now can say he did not turn out great. At the time that he was drafted, at least 70% of this board was against the pick (just like I am not too pleased with this pick). The reason most gave was that the pick did not address the Colts many needs. At the time, it seemed that WR was a position of strength. Some wondered if TY Hilton would not be retained. Some did not like the pick but supported it, saying that on Grigson's board, Dorsett was likely BPA and Grigson followed his board. 

In our case, Addison may turn out great but in my opinion, he was not the most valuable in that position. We desperately needed to improve the defense. I think a top WR could be drafted in other parts of the draft. (Lockett, 3rd round; Diggs, 5th round; Cooper Kupp and TY Hilton, 3rd round; Antonio Brown, 6th round...)

What makes WR the second most valuable position in the draft? Others have said that too.  I think WR has slightly more value than RB when it comes to the draft. JMO. Of course, if you have a chance to take a generational WR (Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, etc.), draft him. I was pleased when we drafted Moss although we had Cris Carter and Jake Reed, both very good to great players.

8 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Not really. Most of those teams had young guys they want to see what they can do or they went in the veteran market. Now if young or stroud were available when those teams picked they might of took one of them. Richardson might of even been someone a team with a established vet might of took to sit behind the vet. There just wasn’t really a market for Levis after the colts and titans. Once you get past that top ten in the draft quarterbacks that are there still will drop to 2nd or 3rd round. 

I disagree that there were not other teams that could have taken Levis. He was one of the players the Vikings considered taking. The Vikings have a 35-year old QB with no one to take over from him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I get the need for defensive players for your team as that was a huge hole last year, but I think you’re gonna be really happy with Addison. I may be wrong but I think he’s gonna have an amazing career. 

I hope so. Thanks.

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That (bolded) is not the case. 

Titans have a young QB as well already, in Malik Willis, same draft class as Ridder. They still drafted Will Levis next year. 

Another example. Panthers drafted Matt Corral, another young QB, drafted in the same class as Ridder and Willis. They still drafted QB next year itself, even moving to #1 overall draft pick. 

Are you going to say it doesn't make sense that Panthers drafted Bryce Young or Titans drafted Will Levis? 

Your argument gets canceled then and there. 

It's not like Ridder or Howell looked anything closer to franchise QB material nor did anyone think of them in 2022 nor did any team drafted these QBs in Rounds 1 or 2.

It's very likely that the teams @PRnum1 listed didn't rate Will Levis that high to be drafted as their franchise QB.

No one in this forum is going out with a resolution to make Will Levis look bad. NFL teams in this recently ended Draft decided to not draft him in Round 1. The fact is very simple and straightforward.

If Levis proves everyone wrong, that would be beautiful. Good for him. But there's no point in trying to make Levis look great or good either. 

And Willis didn’t even look serviceable. He was out right bad.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I disagree.   Having Minshew getting the new offense going will benefit Richardson in the long run.  He's not a great QB, but he protects the ball (44 TD's, 15 INT's) and throws for 63% completions. A career rating of 93.1.   This should allow Steichen to implement his offense effectively.  If the team is winning and Gardner is playing OK, you stick with him, if he is not, you insert Richardson.

Minshew and Richardson are not going to run the same offense.